Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: 2 New Record by Paul next year  (Read 31151 times)

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
Re: 2 New Record by Paul next year
« Reply #100 on: February 04, 2012, 01:13:36 AM »

After i heard the orginal CD was i  meanwhile  surprised positv.

my highlights are:

01. I’m Gonna Sit Right Down And Write Myself A Letter - 02:36 *4
02. Home (When Shadows Fall) 04:04 *3
03. It’s Only A Paper Moon 02:35 *9
04. More I Cannot Wish You 03:04 *4
05. The Glory Of Love 03:46 *4
06. We Three (My Echo, My Shadow And Me) 03:22 *4
07. Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate The Positive 02:32 *6
08. My Valentine 03:14 *9

09. Always 03:50 *4
10. My Very Good Friend The Milkman 03:04 *6
11. Bye Bye Blackbird 04:26 *4
12. Get Yourself Another Fool 04:42 *4
13. The Inch Worm 03:43 *4 with nice Chorus  christmas touch
14. Only Our Hearts 04:21 *8

15. Baby’s Request 03:30 *10 great Swing Number Inspired to dance
16. My One And Only Love 03:50 *5

3-5 good -6 until 10 great

Cool. I figured there would be some stuff on it I would like too. Thanks.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

nimrod

« Reply #101 on: February 05, 2012, 10:48:49 AM »

I actually listened to this today and Ive had a slight change of mind, Paul does a good job here and hell, if anyone deserves to record the songs he likes its him, so good onyer Paul, I like the album  ha2ha

maccafan I apologise for all the  negative things I said about it before hearing it..!!

Gary910

• Getting Better
  • Beatles Collector
« Reply #102 on: February 06, 2012, 03:16:07 PM »

Giving it my first listen... So far I think it is good. As we have all agreed Paul's voice is not what it was, but that happens...

I have come to really like 'My Valentine'. If anyone has a right to indulge himself it would be Paul. I do think this album is complete self-indulgence, but that is okay.

It is kinda cool to hear a "Paul vocal centered" album. You can really hear him singing, even to the point of hearing him breathe.

I give it a "Good Album" rating.
And now you've changed your mind, I see no reason to change mine --Lennon/McCartney

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown
« Reply #103 on: February 07, 2012, 11:47:50 AM »

Paul At The Photoshoot For Kisses On The Bottom

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
« Reply #104 on: February 07, 2012, 07:05:11 PM »

Just listened. Pleasant enough. And once is enough.

:P

'...In the name of Preverti, daughter of the mountains, whose embrace with Rani made the whole world tremble...'

maccafan

• A Beginning
« Reply #105 on: February 07, 2012, 11:16:51 PM »

Nimrod, no apology needed, just go back and really listen to McCartneys post beatle music and I think you will find even more that you like.

I haven't heard the entire new album yet, but when I do I promise I will give a very honest review of what I like and what I don't like!

So far I like...
My Valentine
Accentuate The Positive
Get Yourself Another Fool

Have you guys heard, McCartney has already started work on his next album!

nimrod

« Reply #106 on: February 07, 2012, 11:28:47 PM »

Nimrod, no apology needed,

Cheers, I think Todds having a bad influence on me 

bad Todd !!!!   ha2ha

Gary910

• Getting Better
  • Beatles Collector
« Reply #107 on: February 08, 2012, 05:30:27 AM »

Cheers, I think Todds having a bad influence on me 

bad Todd !!!!   ha2ha

Bad Todd.... Agreed.
And now you've changed your mind, I see no reason to change mine --Lennon/McCartney

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #108 on: February 09, 2012, 02:42:52 AM »

I love you guys too.  ha2ha

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #109 on: February 09, 2012, 03:05:10 AM »

Alright, I just bought this thing at a pretty decent price on ebay. Review coming soon.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #110 on: February 09, 2012, 03:34:58 AM »

I registered on Paul McCartney's website a few weeks ago.  It's fun getting occasional emails marked Paul McCartney.    ;D
I can stay till it's time to go

nimrod

« Reply #111 on: February 09, 2012, 03:44:37 AM »

Alright, I just bought this thing at a pretty decent price on ebay. Review coming soon.

Love track 1 especially, I cant believe I knocked this album without hearing it (Im an idiot), I really like it  ;yes

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #112 on: February 09, 2012, 04:35:14 AM »

Love track 1 especially, I cant believe I knocked this album without hearing it (Im an idiot), I really like it  ;yes

In all fairness to myself, I only knocked the one song. I'm sure i'll give the album a favorable review as I do most things around here.  ;)

KelMar

« Reply #113 on: February 09, 2012, 07:27:42 AM »

I registered on Paul McCartney's website a few weeks ago.  It's fun getting occasional emails marked Paul McCartney.    ;D

Did he invite you to his concert tonight?

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #114 on: February 10, 2012, 02:51:23 AM »

Yeah.  It's in another ten minutes!
I can stay till it's time to go

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown
« Reply #115 on: February 10, 2012, 12:05:30 PM »

I'm Gonna Sit Right Down and Write Myself a Letter
Home (When Shadows Fall)
It's Only a Paper Moon
More I Cannot Wish You
The Glory of Love
We Three (My Echo, My Shadow and Me)
Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate the Positive
My Valentine
Always
My Very Good Friend the Milkman
Bye Bye Blackbird
Get Yourself Another Fool
My One and Only Love

maccafan

• A Beginning
« Reply #116 on: February 13, 2012, 04:06:07 PM »

Okay, I've listened to this new album many times over the weekend.

It is an album for the soul, for the romantic, for the lover in you. It is without a doubt one of McCartneys best albums!

I don't care what anyone says, the mans singing on this album is absolutely stellar! The emotion I hear, the honesty, the heartfelt sincerity that comes thru is at times very moving! I can totally understand why some people have said that certain songs brought them to tears. This is definitely an album for romantics.

I wasn't exspecting such a reaction, but song after song just grabbed me. My Valentine is one of McCartneys best ever, and I'm talking Beatles, Wings, or anything else, it's just so smooth and romantic.

Get Yourself Another Fool is a definite highlight for me, it's one of my very faves by McCartney. It has a soulful bluesy groove and yet it's very smooth and jazzy at the sametime. It's one I will always listen to. A rendition totally worthy of the song.

Accentuate The Positive is another that I just adore, McCartneys vocal is spot on, as it is with many of these songs. I am honestly floored by how delicate and soft the man manages to sing, giving these songs an emotional tone that is just beautiful!

This album should of won a grammy last night (I know that it couldn't) It is that good!

The musicianship is absolutely awesome, with guitars and piano coming in and out at the absolute perfect time. You can really tell that McCartney put his heart and soul into this release, it's a highpoint in his career!

Bravo to Paul McCartney for being brave enough to produce such a work of art!

The haters and naysayers are going to always be there, but there is no denying that McCartney has produced one of his very best albums!! I honestly can't stop listening to this absolutely fantastic album!

Now I hope he's itching to rock, because every since Flowers In The Dirt, Paul McCartney has shown the world that he still writes, plays, and sings plenty of very good music, and that he is much more than just a Beatle!!

maccafan

• A Beginning
« Reply #117 on: February 16, 2012, 10:15:29 PM »

It's official, Kisses On The Bottom is at the very top of the Jazz charts!

Another post Beatles #1 for Paul McCartney!

How this mans post Beatles career doesn't get the true credit it deserves is just insane!!

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #118 on: February 16, 2012, 11:20:17 PM »

I still have not recieved this cd in the mail yet. I am looking forward to it. Reviews to follow.
go come.

maccafan

• A Beginning
« Reply #119 on: February 17, 2012, 01:07:09 AM »

The best review I've read so far.

KISSES ON THE BOTTOM BY PAUL MCCARTNEY
Written by  Joe Curtis

Kisses on the Bottom Paul McCartney
I've been listening to Sir Paul McCartney's newest CD Kisses on the Bottom for a number of hours on repeat. I have to say this at the outset ... It truly is an outstanding piece of music.

The songs are well chosen, heartfelt and beautiful to listen to. They conjure romantic yearnings easily and effortlessly as McCartney delivers up his captivating vocals ... along with Eric Clapton's jazzy guitar riffs, Diana Krall's beautiful piano playing and Stevie Wonder's enchanting harmonica work.

"I talk with my shadow ... I talk with my echo", says a lot with a little ... "My echo, my shadow and me." ... a truly beautiful song.

"The Inch Worm" is very whimsical in its subject matter ... and has what appears to be a children's choir singing softly in the background. A very nice complement to Paul's softly sung story-telling vocals. Clapton's guitar work here sounds almost like he's entertaining children in the round in a hospital setting, or in a private nursery.

Paul wrote "My Valentine" for his new wife Nancy, who he married in 2011. He sang it to her at their wedding. He seems very dedicated in his vocals, as if he's singing it in front of her. Some of the whimsical lyrics include: "I will love her for life." ... and, "She makes me certain I can fly, and so I do".

Clapton plays some nice jazzy chords as an intro to Irving Berlin's classic "Always" ... sung with endearing vocals by McCartney declaring "Now I have found you at last", along with the memorable, "I'll be loving you ... always – with a love that's true ... always". Paul's singing "Not for just an hour, not for just a day, not for just a year, but always" is followed by a delightful guitar solo by Clapton. The accompanying romantic melody is absolutely enchanting.

"Bye Bye Blackbird" is sung with a sorrowful melancholy by McCartney, and is countered by a lighthearted string section, and lilting piano playing. The impeccable rhythm section adds some life to an otherwise very sad story, which Paul sings from deep within himself. The piano solo really swings, as does the rhythmic upright bass accompaniment. Paul's vocals echo out a deeply entertaining melody that ends in an emotional hope for the future.

The very upbeat "My Very Good Friend The Milkman" is an upbeat winner, where Paul is suggesting to his romantic interest "You should marry me". Some swingin' trombone soloing with appropriate driving bass accompaniment, livens up the solo which Paul jumps into with his lead vocals and melodic whistling ... reminiscent of Gene Kelly in "Singing In The Rain". Clapton's short, closing lead guitar solo, ends this piece just right.

"Go Get Yourself Another Fool" is a musical self-realization of a relationship gone wrong. It begins with a bluesy guitar intro by Clapton. Then Paul sings the title lyrics with conviction and purpose, in lines like "Your kind of lovin' broke my poor heart". Clapton adds a jazzy guitar solo, which seems to agree with Paul. These quintessentially mesmerizing guitar riffs, evolve into a bluesy guitar solo of 'regret' played with imagine and good taste.

Paul sings a foot-tapping "I'm Gonna Sit Right Down and Write Myself a Letter". His vocals seem to invite the listener to 'sit right down' and write their 'own letter'. The piano solo in this piece, is an upbeat head-nodding winner, which blends well with Paul's enthusiastic vocals, singing that he's going to "make believe the letter came from you".

"Only Our Hearts" features a truly heart-warming harmonica solo by the one and only Stevie Wonder ... an icon on the music scene for decades, since he was billed when a young teenager in the mid '60s as 'Little Stevie Wonder'. Stevie's soulfully inspiring harmonic playing goes well with McCartney's declaration that "only our hearts know how much love is there".

"We Three (My Echo, My Shadow and Me)" is a swingin' little number that speaks volumes about good taste in composition and delivery. Paul's vocals are soulfully inspiring, as are Clapton's rhythmic guitar playing, and the lilting piano accompaniment. Paul's voice is truly a musical instrument in this fine old number, as he excels to his own heavenly musical plateau.

"More I Cannot Wish You", has Paul wishing his love interest the best in finding her "own true love". "Wishing you merry music while you're young ... and wisdom when your hair turns to gray". And, "Your own true love this day". Paul almost seems like he's singing this to his own daughter or other family member.

"The Glory of Love" is a cheerful, romantic song, which Paul sings with vigor. The tasteful bass intro is very welcome, as are the sweet bass lines throughout. Meaningful lyrics like "You've got to win a little ... lose a little, and have the blues a little" are sung with aplomb by McCartney, and are added to by Clapton's insightful guitar leads. The piano melody fills in the gaps to complete a beautiful musical picture.

"It's Only A Paper Moon" is a fun-filled musical trip, with Paul singing "It wouldn't be make-believe, if you believe in me". The violin solo which follows, adds to this thought, as does guitar bass and drums.

"Home (When Shadows Fall)", begins with a very nice string instrumental. Clapton's jazzy chords support McCartney's vocals nicely. His vocals are somehow reminiscent of a young Rudy Valee in the 1920s, with megaphone on hand, singing to sllent-film starlets and rich young girls without a care in the world. Somehow images of the stage production of 'The Boyfriend' I saw years ago at Toronto's Royal Alex, set in the '20s, comes to mind.

"Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate the Positive" movies along nicely, with Paul singing out to "eliminate the negative" and "latch onto the affirmative" ... ending with "Don't mess with Mr. In-between'". That's good advice any way you look at it.

This CD is a keeper in my books. If I had never heard of Paul McCartney before, I would have thoroughly enjoyed this CD just as much as I have for the past few hours, without the slightest boredom or lack of enthusiasm for the performances by one and all. It's a superb old-fashioned CD.

At times I found myself imagining the late great Jeff Healey, playing along on trumpet, with charismatic solos of his own. It's a shame Jeff did not live long enough to take part in a musical project so enjoyable as this, with Paul. Many years ago he did, in his rock days as a guitarist, with another Beatle, George Harrison singing background vocals and playing rhythm guitar on the Beatles classic "While My Guitar Gently Weeps".

My first impression of Kisses On The Bottom, had me thinking back to Rod Stewart's rendition of Van Morrison's "Have I Told You Lately That I Love You", as well as Rod's 'Great American Songbook' releases over the years.

I think Paul McCartney's most recent CD Kisses on the Bottom is up there in that fine category of beautiful old romantic compositions -- that will live forever in their melodies and lyrics, which touch the soul and warm the heart.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Page created in 0.407 seconds with 79 queries.