Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: 2 New Record by Paul next year  (Read 31143 times)

Gary910

• Getting Better
  • Beatles Collector
Re: 2 New Record by Paul next year
« Reply #140 on: February 22, 2012, 06:21:25 PM »

The thing that is amazing to me, is I have felt this way even after almost 30 years of being a hard core fan.
And now you've changed your mind, I see no reason to change mine --Lennon/McCartney

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #141 on: February 23, 2012, 12:53:12 AM »

Tkitna, it's nothing specific, it was just part of the general conversation on the Steve Hoffman forums under the title Kisses On The Bottom, just go to the Steve Hoffman website.

Thanks Maccafan. I'm going to take a look. I'm interested because i'm not so sure the hiss is the brushes. This will probably have me listening to the damn thing another 20 times and then i'll probably like it.  ha2ha

KelMar

« Reply #142 on: February 23, 2012, 05:32:14 AM »

The Beatles have done a lot for me. I can't even tell the times that their music has been there for me. I know that they don't personally know about this, and it is doubtful that they ever would, or even care to. I still have that affection and it is now built in to me. Listening to The Beatles is kind of a "safety zone" for me. Maybe even an escape.

At times it was this album, or at this time it was that album. So it is with great affection that I am biased.

I couldn't agree with you more Gary.

Gary910

• Getting Better
  • Beatles Collector
« Reply #143 on: February 23, 2012, 06:15:56 AM »

Thanks Kelley...
And now you've changed your mind, I see no reason to change mine --Lennon/McCartney

Gary910

• Getting Better
  • Beatles Collector
« Reply #144 on: February 24, 2012, 02:19:09 AM »

The more I listen to "Kisses On The Bottom" the more I like it.

beatlesfan502

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #145 on: February 26, 2012, 02:10:01 AM »

It's disappointing to me that Paul has decided to go down the same road as Rod Stewart. Paul is SO much better than that! I've been a Paul McCartney fan since 1973 and have no desire to buy Kisses On The Bottom.
We All Shine On......

Yeshelloitsmehereagain

• Getting Better
« Reply #146 on: March 14, 2012, 10:32:55 PM »

I've heard it and I like it, alot of it sounds like it was recorded in the 40's, I think it's the strings in some of the tracks... I did get to about two thirds through on first listen and was kinda waiting for some big crash of leccy guitar with a big thump on it but didn't get it. It's quite charming though, the selection of songs are generally good. Sounds quite heartfelt in places in too and of course it is played all very well indeed.

Now do you have any news on the next one Dirker? Isn't it supposed to be a collaboration with Dave Grohl?

Any news? You usually get the scoop...

Brynjar

• Getting Better
« Reply #147 on: March 17, 2012, 07:24:52 PM »

Ratings:

They were the most brilliant, powerful, lovable, popular group on the planet. - Q, 1995.

nimrod

« Reply #148 on: March 18, 2012, 09:34:11 PM »

It's disappointing to me that Paul has decided to go down the same road as Rod Stewart. Paul is SO much better than that! I've been a Paul McCartney fan since 1973 and have no desire to buy Kisses On The Bottom.

I think this is an interesting post, what we have to decide here is.........is Paul actually better than that ?

For me Paul lost the muse to write great songs years ago, his recent albums prove that, record Co's know that recording 'standards' is very good business for established singers like Rod Stewart, Bryan Ferry and everybody else whose done it, so why shouldnt Paul get in on the action ?

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #149 on: March 19, 2012, 01:13:37 AM »

I think this is an interesting post, what we have to decide here is.........is Paul actually better than that ?

For me Paul lost the muse to write great songs years ago, his recent albums prove that,

This is interesting. I'm opening a new thread.

nimrod

« Reply #150 on: March 19, 2012, 01:22:40 AM »

This is interesting. I'm opening a new thread.

great to have you back Todd, Ive missed you hahahahahahahahah
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Page created in 0.63 seconds with 63 queries.