Other forums > Different Conversations

OLD CODGERS THREAD

(1/17) > >>

Kevin:
Best things about being a kid in the sixties:
-you could ride your bike everywhere.
-you weren't brought up to treat every stranger as a potential homocidal maniac.
-the local toughies were called Bodgies and wore white tee shirts and dark blue denim.
-I had a pair of Clarkes with animal prints on the sole and a secret compass in the heel. Cool.
-the butcher had sawdust on the floor and if you told him it was your birthday he gave you a savaloy.
- one penny of mixed lollies would make you sick.

Best TV:
Get Smart, Dr Who, Lost in Space, The Invaders, The Munsters, Star Trek, The Monkees, The Flinstones, Clutch Cargo, Gigantor, Kimber The White Lion, anything by Gerry Anderson.
Worst: The Black and White Minstrel Show (always on before The Disney Hour)

Best Movies: (mostly Saturday mornings, little more than an excuse for a riot.)
The Great Race, Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Dr Who, I Dream of Genie, My Favourite Martian.

Best Music:
Rolf Harris, The Monkees, The Partridge Family. (no - no Beatles)

pc31:
no battling tops,no rock em, sock em robots........maybe later i will remember something.....

mr kite:
Worst thing about the old days
Outside toliet, ice inside your bedroom window in the winter,if you went to the fair on your own you risking being batttered by rival gangs
Best thing .
You could play football all day ,stay out late at night ,go to Old trafford every week without a worry of a ticket, go miles on your bike without no conjested roads,
t.v.
Dr who ,double deckers ,joe 90 ,captin scarlet ,thunderbirds,u.f.o ,magpie,stingray,catweasel.
music .
marc bolan ,top of the pops every week and the chart countdown every sunday on the radio to see what was number one .
fab gear
denim flares ,high heels tank tops and turn ups

happy days  :)

Kevin:
At playtime two kids would link arms and walk around the playground  chanting  "Who wants to play cowboys and itchybums". If you wanted to play you joined in the chain. Everyone wanted to be The Lone Ranger or Hop Along Cassidy.
I'm ashamed to say we were constantly at war with "The Dummies" from the Special Class.  :B If they caught you they would all sit on you (they smelt funny.). If we got one of them we made them eat grass.
And marble season. Does that still happen?

mr kite:
                                     ^
                                       :D

We used to' borrow" lead from empty houses and the odd factory and go and weigh it in  ;)
And borrow ruhbarb and crab apples,and my favorites garden peas fresh from the pod from nearby allotments  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version