Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Guitar Solos in Medley  (Read 3545 times)

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
Guitar Solos in Medley
« on: December 16, 2016, 01:45:39 AM »

Its been discussed many times, the guitar solos in the medley on Abbey Road.

Thursday night traffic is the worst night in Atlanta for some reason.  From Thanksgiving until Christmas, 10x worse.

Tonight, I was stuck in traffic and the classic rock station played a rock-block of three Beatle songs.  The third song was the back half of the medley, starting with Golden Slumbers.  When they got to the guitar solos in The End I was delighted.  It was perfect and a mood changer for me.  While stuck in traffic, I let my mind envision them standing around each other, in a triangle of sorts, playing the solos.  I pictured them having true joy playing it and forgetting all their collective problems with each other at the time.  It made my drive a little better and I wanted to share.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Fab4Fan

• Getting Better
Re: Guitar Solos in Medley
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 03:14:03 AM »

Well, meanie, afterwards did you play "Getting Better"?

And I'll chime in on the ATL traffic - it's terrible ALL the time! My daughter attends Oglethorpe University and whenever I visit to attend one of her concerts, plays, or whatever, the traffic always sucks - no matter what time I pass thru - and it has been exponentially worse this school year as opposed to her first two. Not only that, but I've been traveling thru ATL for decades and I can still remember - in the not too distant past - easily passing thru downtown as long as the morning and evening rush hours were avoided. Now, about the only time to encounter the "lighter" traffic is during the wee hours of the morning. 
I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
Re: Guitar Solos in Medley
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 10:20:43 AM »

I liked that john told yoko to stay put when she moved to follow them into the studio when the three went in to record. Now that's positive imagery.

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 41 queries.