Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Vote for John Lennon for top music legacy  (Read 2331 times)

peregrine9

• A Thousand Pages
Vote for John Lennon for top music legacy
« on: June 23, 2011, 12:21:11 PM »

John needs our votes.It looks like the voting ends sometime today.It says Thursday but notthe exact day.it must be today ? All John Lennon fans please vote.

In Rumour.com
June 22, 2011
Top music legacy: Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury, Elvis Presley, John Lennon and Jim Morrison

They influenced generations and their cultural impact was strong.Controversy followed them because it was difficult to succeed in a world of contrasts and bring a new spirit in music. They rose to the top through their own power, managed to change mentalities and revolutionize music. Unfortunately they left us too soon.
InRumor challenges you to choose the artist that you think left us with the greatest musical legacy in the past century. If you have other options please share them with us.

Voting is open until Thursday, and there are two ways you can vote:

http://www.inrumor.com/in/people/musicians/top-music-legacy-michael-jackson-freddie-mercury-elvis-presley-john-lennon-and-jim-morrison/
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 12:23:23 PM by peregrine9 »
Life is what happens when your busy making other plans. John Lennon

KelMar

Re: Vote for John Lennon for top music legacy
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 01:17:17 PM »

Quote from: peregrine9
John needs our votes

I guess so! Those results seem off to me.

emmi_luvs_beatles

• A Thousand Pages
  • I'm an Expert.
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 02:51:06 PM »

Micheal Jackson at 74%. This is ridiculous. It's because his death had impacted young people the most, and he recently came back into popularity. I know tons of people who would say that The Beatles changed their life. But MJ? Not so much.

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 05:02:10 AM »

Micheal Jackson at 74%. This is ridiculous. It's because his death had impacted young people the most, and he recently came back into popularity. I know tons of people who would say that The Beatles changed their life. But MJ? Not so much.

It is ridiculous because I am sure most of those people who are voting for MJ are posers.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 05:44:35 AM »

I voted for MJ.

Beatlesrlove

• Getting Better
  • Beatlesrlove, Can you take so much Groovyness
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 05:53:42 AM »

I voted for John I  can't believe that only 24 votes for john and for micheal 500 i tink if there was no John lennon no micheal

Mr Mustard

• Getting Better
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 10:56:55 AM »

Jackson helped ruin modern music by steering it away from being able to play an instrument and sing in the direction of dancing and choreography, which simply looks foolish and embarrassing, even when done by people who are "good" at it. Moonwalking and doing that impossible looking leaning thing that Jacko did are more analagous to tightrope walking or juggling than music. Jacko was more suited to a circus than a pop show. Because of him you now have groups and solo artists who move about to disguise the fact they lack the talent to play their own sounds. We've always had a few like that (Jagger etc) but they used to be the exception, not the rule.

Assuming the candidates for this poll have to be dead I am puzzled as to why Jim Morrison is on there. Buddy Holly, George Harrison or Jimi Hendrix are more deserving, surely?

The argument if there'd been no Lennon there'd be no Jackson is not really fair though. If there'd been no Presley there'd be no Lennon. Everyone draws some influence from what went before but I do think John took music far further and explored many more new directions in the time available to him than any of the others on that list did in their own times.

But then again I'm biased  ha2ha

Page created in 0.29 seconds with 57 queries.