Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Paul to direct Beatles film + release 'Carnival Of Light'  (Read 2216 times)

LennonStarrFan

• A Beginning
Paul to direct Beatles film + release 'Carnival Of Light'
« on: June 08, 2010, 07:19:20 PM »

By Jo Macfarlane
Last updated at 12:15 AM on 6th June 2010

Sir Paul McCartney is directing a film based on photographs his late wife Linda took of The Beatles at the height of their fame.

The intimate photofilm will be created using previously unseen pictures of the group, taken between 1967 and 1970, the year they split. The film will be a loving tribute to the band Sir Paul founded and to US-born Linda, who died of breast cancer in 1998.

The singer, 67, originally began the project in the early Nineties but abandoned it after Linda’s death made it too difficult to carry on.

Now, more than a decade later and after his bitter divorce battle with Heather Mills, the star has decided to revive it.

The portrait will document the recording of classic hits such as Hey Jude, Let It Be and The Long And Winding Road at a time when other photographers were not allowed access to the group.

The soundtrack could even include unreleased Beatles tracks, such as the long-awaited ­Carnival Of Light and a secret jamming session recorded at the London Roundhouse in 1968.

The method behind the film involves laying out photographs and re-shooting them using a movie camera. The frames are then speeded up so they run together, much like a child’s flip-book.

Sir Paul is also said to be working on a book of Linda’s pictures with the couple’s daughters, Stella and Mary, which will be published later this year. A spokesman for Sir Paul said he was not aware of the singer revisiting the photofilm project.

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1284332/The-Linda-McCartney-Picture-Paul-movie-Macca.html?ito=feeds-newsxml#ixzz0qHvphW00

"John was the best. I loved John. He was fine singer, a fine musician and he was a fine friend." -Ringo
“He's (Ringo) every bloody bit as warm, unassuming, funny, and kind as he seems. He was quite simply the heart of the Beatles.” – John

Bobber

Re: Paul to direct Beatles film + release 'Carnival Of Light'
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 10:10:12 AM »

The soundtrack COULD include... This is all suggestive.

Gary910

• Getting Better
  • Beatles Collector
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 03:52:39 PM »

I'll believe it when I see it. There is always rumors that something is going to come out. How many times was the 'Let It Be' film going to come out on DVD. There have been rumors of this coming out for a long time. I am just waiting to see what extra, if any, Paul releases with his new remasters coming out.

This will be the sixth or seventh time I have bought 'Band On The Run'.
And now you've changed your mind, I see no reason to change mine --Lennon/McCartney

dylanjohn

• A Beginning
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 11:15:22 PM »

It will come out at some point.  Could be soon....

Page created in 0.391 seconds with 45 queries.