Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Doctor Who  (Read 14787 times)

tangerine

• Getting Better
  • here comes the sun
Doctor Who
« on: April 15, 2007, 09:29:51 PM »

I'm sorry but it's SO good that I had to start a thread...but who knows maybe I'm the only fan of it?

I think it's really cool how its one of the few television things which has been revived and started back in the 60s (though admittedly it has changed a lot)

I love the new series so far! I think David Tennant is an amazing actor and really does justice to the role  :)

anyway this may all be pointless if no one else cares for Doctor Who... let's find out!

<br />But every so often you come across something truly inspiring...<br />
<br />

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
Re: Doctor Who
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 04:15:17 PM »

I love it!!!! ;D

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 08:22:20 AM »

A big fan . To reinvent it but still remain true to the original is genius.
don't follow leaders

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 10:50:32 AM »

To tell the truth I watched it just becasue of David Tennant. Never watched the early ones. But the DT ones are all right. Teeth and Claw are my fave ep.

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

tangerine

• Getting Better
  • here comes the sun
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 03:30:45 PM »

Quote from: 596
To tell the truth I watched it just becasue of David Tennant. Never watched the early ones. But the DT ones are all right. Teeth and Claw are my fave ep.

I must say David Tennant is the best thing about it for me!  :)

I love the references to him being around in the past like in the sixties- as in the 3rd episode of this series when he has to leave his jacket behind and he says something like 'I'm going to miss it- Janis Joplin gave me that!'

David Tennant's English accent amazes me- how natural he makes it sound despite being really Scottish normally! love it
<br />

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 03:48:48 PM »

Quote from: 553

David Tennant's English accent amazes me- how natural he makes it sound despite being really Scottish normally! love it

I've heard him on interviews and the like and he sounds exactly the same to me. He has a distinct northern twang in Dr Who. Though he might be more Scottish when with friends and family I don't think he's putting on an accent.  (he'd be lynched in Scotland if he did.)
don't follow leaders

tangerine

• Getting Better
  • here comes the sun
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2007, 04:33:16 PM »

Quote from: 185

I've heard him on interviews and the like and he sounds exactly the same to me. He has a distinct northern twang in Dr Who. Though he might be more Scottish when with friends and family I don't think he's putting on an accent.  (he'd be lynched in Scotland if he did.)

you serious? to me his accent sounds extremely scottish when he isn't in character!

heres an average interview with him talking in his usual (very scottish!) accent:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VdJGlaPTK0" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VdJGlaPTK0</a>

and him as Doctor who:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qPPgxuNe5M" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qPPgxuNe5M</a>

completely different I would say!  :)

<br />

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2007, 04:49:06 PM »

Bugger me. Put me in a kilt and call me hamish - you're right. Though I'm sure (and I've got my back to The Loch here and Nessie's about to rip my haggis out) that he doesn't talk that scottish on english interviews. Maybe. Bugger.
don't follow leaders

tangerine

• Getting Better
  • here comes the sun
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2007, 05:38:56 PM »

Quote from: 185

Bugger me. Put me in a kilt and call me hamish - you're right. Though I'm sure (and I've got my back to The Loch here and Nessie's about to rip my haggis out) that he doesn't talk that scottish on english interviews. Maybe. Bugger.

lol!!!  :) I'm not sure about English interviews (I really should- being English!) But he is indeed one heck of a scotsman! ...

haha complete with his kilt
<br />

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2007, 05:44:57 PM »

you serious? to me his accent sounds extremely scottish when he isn't in character!

heres an average interview with him talking in his usual (very scottish!) accent: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VdJGlaPTK0

and him as Doctor who: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qPPgxuNe5M

3VdJGlaPTK0

2qPPgxuNe5M

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2007, 02:27:41 PM »

Pat kicks ass.

Soft_Guitar60

• Getting Better
  • surrender to the void
    • Beatlemania
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2007, 09:30:50 PM »

Hehe. Loved that Shakespeare episode.

I hadn't watched the early episodes. But because I didn't know what they were talking about (What's a TARDIS?! Who's Rose?), I did anyway.

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2007, 10:42:34 PM »

I used to like it when it wasn't on and was deemed geeky and uncool. Now it is mainstream and deemed cool.

Pat Troughton still kicks ass.

tangerine

• Getting Better
  • here comes the sun
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2007, 09:18:05 AM »

anyone see it yesterday? God how much do I love David Tennant?

Only one Dalek left! How will he survive??!

I think the plot is pretty strong at the moment- after the first half of this 2-parter I was like WHAT?! thats RUBBISH but after this second half I'm back into loving it again.

What do peple think of the new female assistant then- as an actress?
<br />

BlueMeanie

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2007, 09:25:57 AM »

anyone see it yesterday? God how much do I love David Tennant?

Only one Dalek left! How will he survive??!

I think the plot is pretty strong at the moment- after the first half of this 2-parter I was like WHAT?! thats RUBBISH but after this second half I'm back into loving it again.

What do peple think of the new female assistant then- as an actress?

Hasn't been on over here yet, but quite looking forward to it. I hope  the scenery still wobbles, and they only spent a tenner on the special effects!!!

BTW, re the scottish accent thing. It's quite likely that his accent is pretty much how you hear it in Dr. Who, but as soon as he crosses the border, or speaks to another scot it reverts to type. Got friends from Wales and Scotland just like that.

tangerine

• Getting Better
  • here comes the sun
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2007, 09:34:38 AM »

Quote from: 483

Hasn't been on over here yet, but quite looking forward to it. I hope  the scenery still wobbles, and they only spent a tenner on the special effects!!!

BTW, re the scottish accent thing. It's quite likely that his accent is pretty much how you hear it in Dr. Who, but as soon as he crosses the border, or speaks to another scot it reverts to type. Got friends from Wales and Scotland just like that.

haha unfortunately the effects are very digital and over the top. I wish the Daleks still have sink plungers and a whisk as their arm things!

But about his accent again, I've seen stuff like outtakes of him on set, and he fluidly changes from scottish to non-scottish accent- like he will say 'oh no can we do that again?' in a very scottish accent then re-do the lines in his Doctor Who accent- so it seems like he's pretty scottish-accented all the while he isnt in character!  :)

What is his Doctor who accent by the way anyone? is it a bit cockney?
<br />

BlueMeanie

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2007, 09:39:42 AM »

haha unfortunately the effects are very digital and over the top. I wish the Daleks still have sink plungers and a whisk as their arm things!

You mean they don't?? IMPOSTERS!

zoo_gang

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2007, 03:32:03 AM »

I've been watching it on the sci-fi channel, and parts of the new season on the net. I can't believe that this good a show never caught on over here in the states.

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2007, 08:27:12 AM »

Quote from: 631
I've been watching it on the sci-fi channel, and parts of the new season on the net. I can't believe that this good a show never caught on over here in the states.

It hasn't. A shame, because they seem to have had the american market in mind. The Doctor used to be a string of eccentric mild mannered middle aged men with a giggly short skirted assistant. (all very english). Now it's all very flashy and sexy, witrh occasional US story lines and US actors. The success of programmes like Buffy must have been in their minds. I think it's as good as UK TV gets.
don't follow leaders

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2007, 01:23:44 PM »

A television show where you can go anywhere and do anything in all space and time? That's as good as TV gets anywhere. Pity they usually settle on some alien invasion of Earth every week. They could do so much more.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Page created in 0.327 seconds with 83 queries.