Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: ...but we beat the queen  (Read 1817 times)

Bobber

...but we beat the queen
« on: February 08, 2006, 08:51:58 AM »

The Beatles are best of British

The Beatles have been voted Britain's most iconic image.

The Fab Four - Paul McCartney, John Lennon, George Harrison and Ringo Starr - beat the Queen, Harry Potter and the BBC in the online poll. Nick Morley, from internet search engine Seekport - who commissioned the survey, said: "With this survey we've taken a snapshot of what it means to be British today."
"Through the internet, films and TV people all over the world are exposed to the same cultural influences but deep down there are still big national differences."
The survey put the local pub in second place, followed by the British countryside, and Shakespeare. Former Spice Girl and Victoria 'Posh' Beckham and her footballer husband David got the thumbs down from the public after being chosen as Britain's most embarrassing celebs.
They proved even less popular than a rainy day.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
Re: ...but we beat the queen
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2006, 03:37:36 PM »

Gotta agree on the Posh and Becks bit, they are simply disgraceful. Too bad no one outside of the UK cares about them :P
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

thefadedline

• A Beginning
  • I'm an idler's dream
Re: ...but we beat the queen
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2006, 12:51:05 PM »

They have done nothing.

He gets paid a stupid amount of money to kick a ball around. It's absolutley fine as a sport to enjoy but when you start getting paid that much it is stupid. Look at musicians, they are doing something they love but they don't have it half as easy (I mean real musicians, not Britney Spears etc.) Sorry football fans but I really don't see the point, too much money goes into it. They don't need as much as they earn, the money should be used for something useful like more beds in hospitals, because England has a big problem with that lately. Definately something medical anyway.

And she gets paid to 'sing.' She was part of a very cheesy manufactured pop group (which failed) and tried to make it going solo (failed) - now her only remaining claim to fame is her marriage which in itself has been under heavy criticism lately. They are just role models for England, it seems to be 'in' to appreciate this kind of stuff, ugh. Like whenever Beckham gets a new haircut half of England have the same, that's so small minded and unimaginitive.

I cannot stand all of these airhead celebrities that get so much attention (especially Paris Hilton.) They deserve none of it.

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 36 queries.