Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Disney cancels Yellow Submarine remake  (Read 7941 times)

peterbell1

• Getting Better

nyfan(41)

• Getting Better
Re: Disney cancels Yellow Submarine remake
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 08:40:34 PM »

Good!
Disney is evil . . Yellow Submarine doesn't need remaking . . . and director robert zemeckis who made 'framing roger rabbit' and 'forrest gump' needs to leave the beatles legacy alone

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 08:50:58 PM »

I'm not saddened by the news, but I regret that a whole new generation of kids won't be turned on to The Beatles.
I can stay till it's time to go

I am the Paulrus

• Getting Better
    • FAB 4 FORUM
Disney Kills Robert Zemeckis’ ‘Yellow Submarine’ (Exclusive)
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 12:50:46 AM »

Disney Kills Robert Zemeckis’ ‘Yellow Submarine’ (Exclusive)

Zemeckis is now free to shop the project to another studio.
by Borys Kit
March 14, 2011

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/disney-kills-robert-zemeckis-yellow-167415

The Walt Disney Co. has deep-sixed Mars Needs Moms producer Robert Zemeckis’ planned next project for the studio, the high-profile remake of the classic Beatles film Yellow Submarine, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.

Submarine was already facing a few rocky reefs before this weekend. There were budget issues, and a key presentation Zemeckis was to have made before the Beatles heirs kept being pushed back. A December date for the confab was scrapped and never rescheduled. But sources say the disastrous $6.9 million opening for the $150 million-budgeted Mars, produced by Zemeckis, guaranteed that Submarine would never set sail at Disney. (The studio says the project was torpedoed well before Mars opened.) The producer-director is now free to shop the project to another studio.

Zemeckis, the Oscar-winning director of Back to the Future, Forrest Gump and Cast Away, generated big headlines in August 2009 when he first set up the remake of the 1968 animated feature based on music by the Beatles. THR then revealed in January 2010 that the Fab Four would be played by Cary Elwes, Dean Lennox Kelly, Peter Serafinowicz and Adam Campbell.

The plan was to use 16 Beatles songs in the film, which was to employ cutting-edge motion-capture technology similar to Zemeckis’ Beowulf, A Christmas Carol and Mars Needs Moms. Zemeckis secured the cooperation of Apple Corps, which controls the rights to the rock group’s library. (Its movie arm, Apple Films, was one of the companies behind the original pic.)

But in the wake of the box-office disapointment of 2009’s Carol, and with other animated movies pushing the envelope in terms of aesthetics, there were also concerns within Disney about the look of motion capture, especially the way human characters are depicted. (“Creepy” is the word often used.) Those same concerns, insiders say, led to Disney shutting down Zemeckis’ ImageMovers studio in May 2010.

Now this weekend’s opening of Mars sealed Submarine’s fate, and the movie is not going forward at Disney.

According to sources, Zemeckis left town over the weekend, flying to Montana to regroup. He is said to be eyeing a live-action project to direct. But part of the regrouping process could include finding a new home for Submarine.

Bongo

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 07:47:41 PM »

Yellow Submarine doesn't need remaking

I agree.
Splunge!

Gary910

• Getting Better
  • Beatles Collector
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 08:24:42 PM »

Yellow Submarine doesn't need remaking

I agree as well.
And now you've changed your mind, I see no reason to change mine --Lennon/McCartney

7 of 13

• Getting Better
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 08:35:23 PM »

yes i don't think it needed a remake, odds are it would have gotten extremely ruined in the process, wrong colors, etc.

day tripper yeah

Bobber

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 08:56:51 PM »

But part of the regrouping process could include finding a new home for Submarine.

This means a remake is not totally off, just that it won't be produced by Disney.

7 of 13

• Getting Better
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2011, 09:02:58 PM »

Yellow submarine Beatles meet jeremy
day tripper yeah

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2011, 01:35:56 PM »

Kids of today still enjoy the original Yellow Submarine. My little brother watches it (along with the other Beatles movies) and he thinks it's great.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2011, 11:18:00 AM »

I'm not saddened by the news, but I regret that a whole new generation of kids won't be turned on to The Beatles.

Across the Universe turned on a whole new generation of kids to The Beatles.

emmi_luvs_beatles

• A Thousand Pages
  • I'm an Expert.
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2011, 06:54:36 PM »

Across the Universe turned on a whole new generation of kids to The Beatles.

But those weren't necessarily kids going to see that movie, that was definitely a strong PG-13 movie. (I actually think it was R)

I was semi looking forward to this, but I definitely think that Disney should concentrate on getting better movies out there, Pixar is getting ahead.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2011, 06:56:54 PM »

Pixar is owned by Disney.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Page created in 0.629 seconds with 76 queries.