Beatles forums > Albums

The Beatles Stereo Vinyl Box Set

<< < (17/17)

Sir John Johns:
Glad to hear it all worked out  :)

Enjoy!

ibanez_ax:

--- Quote from: Sir John Johns on December 05, 2012, 01:40:20 AM ---Glad to hear it all worked out  :)

Enjoy!

--- End quote ---

Thanks.  All I want to do now is enjoy this music and not worry about pressings, warpage, non-fill, etc.

Sir John Johns:
21.6lbs

KelMar:

--- Quote from: ibanez_ax on December 04, 2012, 10:28:24 PM ---My E.U. set came today. 
So far so good!

--- End quote ---

I'm so glad to hear that George! I hope you're continuing to enjoy them.

ibanez_ax:

--- Quote from: In My Life on December 06, 2012, 06:28:38 AM ---I'm so glad to hear that George! I hope you're continuing to enjoy them.

--- End quote ---

Kelley, I've now listened to everything except With The Beatles, Beatles For Sale, Help, Yellow Submarine and Let It Be.  Even with headphones the discs are quiet; not CD quiet, but very good for vinyl.  No distortion so far.

The only record I don't like so much is Rubber Soul because it's the Martin 1987 remix; I prefer the original 1965 mix for the sound even in it's wide separated glory.  I hear more detail in the 1965 If I Needed Someone, especially during the guitar solo.  Now that was a cd (1965) to cd/lp (1987) comparison, but I would love to get my hands on a 1965 stereo Rubber Soul even though I still prefer that one in mono.

I used to think that the 12 inch cover images in Box Of Vision would satisfy visually, but I have to tell you, having the actual album covers is great.  I think vinyl is also a tactile experience as much as aural.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version