Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: The New Mark Lewisohn Books  (Read 71183 times)

Bobber

Re: the new mark lewisohn books
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2011, 10:05:14 AM »

Oh yes: he is...

Xosé

Do you know or do you presume?

Xose

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2011, 09:18:25 PM »

Do you know or do you presume?

I do know because he told me that two weeks ago...

Xosé

Bobber

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2011, 12:23:23 PM »

I do know because he told me that two weeks ago...

Xosé

Aha! That's what I was thinking! ;D  Ask him to become a member in here. ha2ha.  That would be terrific of course and it might even broaden his point of view. On another note: doesn't he know the members of the GM Orchestra?

Xose

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2011, 12:45:52 PM »

I did it in the past, but he told me he is terribly busy finishing the book...

No: he doesn't know...  ???

Best!! ;)

Xosé

Bobber

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2011, 12:46:45 PM »

I'm happy if he joins after he finishes the book. ;D

Gary910

• Getting Better
  • Beatles Collector
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2011, 03:23:00 PM »

Wow, what a feather in the cap, if we could get Mark Lewisohn to join.

First Bill Harry, then Mark Lewisohn...  ;yes
And now you've changed your mind, I see no reason to change mine --Lennon/McCartney

nyfan(41)

• Getting Better
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2011, 03:35:12 PM »

i'd really never heard of him
just googled him and i've seen his beatles books on the bookstore shelf
-
if i'm not mistaken, his beatles books are extremely comprehensive . .  almost like a statistician type of reference material
-
i never went cover to cover with one of his books but i'm sure many beatles details i've read/learned elsewhere where taken from his work
-
i'm wondering if his new material will be (sorry) like a 'user friendly' prose, or an encyclopedia type of experience
-

nyfan(41)

• Getting Better
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2011, 03:36:50 PM »

also, when i googled him it said he wrote a biography about benny hill !
-
now that's something you don't see everyday !
 :D

Gary910

• Getting Better
  • Beatles Collector
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2011, 08:26:54 PM »

If Mark Lewisohn says it is true, it probably is. Paul and Apple have hired him to do research. He was the first outsider granted access to the Beatles recordings to document them. He is a researcher extraordinaire. If Paul said something and Mark said something different, Paul would believe Mark over himself.

He is a really nice guy too. I met him at a Beatles convention back in 1988.
And now you've changed your mind, I see no reason to change mine --Lennon/McCartney

Fact and Fiction 60-62

• A Beginning
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2011, 07:00:27 PM »

Hi, I got news from Mark at the end of last week and it seems that the September date can't be fulfilled. Therefore the book will not come out before 2012.

Eric.
Author of The Beatles : Fact and Fiction 1960-1962, Séguier/Atlantica, October 2009 (English version of the 2003 French book Les Beatles : Enquête sur un Mythe 1960-1962) and co-author w/ J.C. Hocquet of La France et les Beatles – Vol. 1 : La discographie originale, Séguier/Atlantica, July 2005.

Bobber

« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2011, 08:54:16 PM »

Thanks for the update, Eric.

Gary910

• Getting Better
  • Beatles Collector
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2011, 12:54:48 AM »

I just found this eight part interview on YouTube... This is part one, watch all eight parts, it is worth your time.

World Exclusive (Pt. 1): Mark Lewisohn on Peeples Place at KHTS about Beatles bio

Bobber

« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2011, 08:22:59 AM »

Thanks for posting Gary. I can't wait for these books to be released.

Nada Surf

• A Beginning
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2012, 05:56:07 PM »

I also can't wait for this first book to come out...Any new news?

Fact and Fiction 60-62

• A Beginning
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2012, 01:32:23 PM »

I also can't wait for this first book to come out...Any new news?

I met him again on 11 December 2011 at the London Beatles day. Normally, if my info is correct, the book is due to come out in September/October 2012, which is... tomorrow !

Eric  ;)
Author of The Beatles : Fact and Fiction 1960-1962, Séguier/Atlantica, October 2009 (English version of the 2003 French book Les Beatles : Enquête sur un Mythe 1960-1962) and co-author w/ J.C. Hocquet of La France et les Beatles – Vol. 1 : La discographie originale, Séguier/Atlantica, July 2005.

Nada Surf

• A Beginning
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2012, 05:14:48 AM »

Geez..by the time he gets this finished, the Beatles will reunite!

Bobber

« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2013, 09:41:34 AM »

Found this on the excellent WogBlog:

Lewisohn Special Edition

The book we're all looking forward to read, the new definitive Beatles biography by Mark Lewisohn is due out with volume one, "Tune in" in October. The triology goes under the collective name of "All these years". Volume one is available to preorder from Amazon with a stipulated publication date of October 10. However, if you really want to get into the story in great detail you may want to hold out until November 13th, when the expanded edition is expected.
The regular edition will be big (800 pages), the expanded edition will be bigger. There'll be more to read. 1856 pages, if Google Books is anything to go by. And of course, the price is also expanded.
At the moment, Amazon has a price tag of £30 for the regular edition and a whopping £120 for the expanded one. Details about the differences are expected soon from the publisher Little, Brown.

Word from the publisher:
Everyone knows the Beatles’ story – right? Wrong. Their enduring fame and influence has made them the subject of many books, but this biography is the true ultimate: a riveting read, unbiased, independent, authoritative, accurate, written by the world’s leading authority. A whole new take on the most extraordinary of subjects, and surely the lasting word. Delete what you’ve read or know and start afresh

Tune In is the first book in a genre-defining three-volume project. It takes the Beatles from before their beginning up to the final night of 1962, when they know success is theirs to grasp but they have no clue they’re on the cusp of a whole new kind of celebrity.

This is the lesser-known Beatles story, the pre-fame years, the Liverpool and Hamburg years – and in many respects the most absorbing, extraordinary and incredible period of them all. Here is the full colour story of their family backgrounds, childhoods, and their infatuation with a new and much misunderstood music bursting out of America: rock and roll. Everything comes together in these years and in this one volume: the Beatles’ talent, charisma, looks, sex appeal, personalities, honesty, attitude – and the Lennon-McCartney partnership.

Told with panache, wit and the alluring, authoritative style of a master craftsman, this is one of the most eagerly awaited books for years.

Written from an immense wealth of primary and insider resources, many never heard or seen before, including letters, contracts, photos, recordings and hundreds of new and archive interviews. Researched around the world from public libraries to deep private archives.

The Saturday-night dance in Port Sunlight, July 1962, (this photo has never been seen before) mere months before the revolution – John, Paul and George in harmony and dressed for success.

Sir George Martin:
‘Of all the chroniclers who have studied the lives of John, Paul, George and Ringo, Mark Lewisohn stands supreme. His dedication in getting all the true facts, coupled with a style of writing that is most readable, leaves him with no rival. Time and again he has proven that he knows far more about what we did than any of us. So many other books have been written about the lives of the Beatles that are less than truthful and a great deal of misinformed rubbish has been avidly devoured. We are fortunate to have Mark’s scholarship’

Official book site: www.thebeatlesbiography.com

Bobber

Re: The New Mark Lewisohn Books
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2013, 09:43:12 AM »

So, here we go again. A regular edition and an extended version. The second will only cost 120 GBP (160 USD, 132 EUR). And then there's two more parts of the biography to come. Check your bank accounts!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 09:53:42 AM by Bobber »

henrythehorse

• One And One Is Two
  • I learnt to play guitar by listening to George H
Re: The New Mark Lewisohn Books - new interview with Mark
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2013, 07:08:05 PM »

I've been lurking on these forums for a while but didn't want to join until I could bring something to the party. I hope this makes the grade...

A new interview with Mark Lewisohn about All These Years. Sit back and have your interest piqued:

http://www.kenmichaelsradio.com/

Scroll down about half way and it's under the photograph of Ken and Ringo. The interview is broken down into 6 parts and Mark gives us a few more clues as to what is going to be revealed in the book. And there's lots of other Beatle-related interviews to enjoy as well.

Thanks and best wishes
I Can't Tell A Waltz From a Tango

Bobber

Re: The New Mark Lewisohn Books
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2013, 08:57:11 AM »

Mark Lewisohn told Beatles Examiner Aug. 31 the wait is almost over -- the first copies of Volume 1 of his much anticipated Beatles biography “All These Years: Volume 1, Tune In” to be available in the U.S. and the UK, are just off the press, as pictures on this page and in the slide show confirm. That's Mark and his wife Anita proudly holding one of the first copies.

“I can’t wait for this book to be out and have people talk about the content rather than the mechanics of its publication,” he told Beatles Examiner.

"I am holding the UK mass-market edition, literally hot off the press," he explained. "Hardback only, and the extent is 960 pages. (Though it was feared at one point that the end notes would not be included in this edition, they are, thankfully.) Publication in UK on 10 October by Little, Brown.”

“So that’s two different editions of the same book – quite simple, really," he said.

As we have reported, the U.S. edition will be identical, but with a different jacket and ”Americanized text”. The book comes out in the U.S. on Oct. 29 by Crown.

The Extended Special Edition with 1,728 pages comes out in the UK Nov. 14. He said he hopes that version will be published in the U.S. in February, but that's still up in the air. The Extended Special Edition will be a boxed set in two volumes and not available separately.

The mass market version will also be available as an ebook. There will also be an ebook of the Extended Special Edition, again split into two, but unlike the physical book, the two parts will be available separately. (Note: Amazon.co.uk has a listing for part one, but not part two yet.) And he says the audio book of the mass-market edition only will also be available as a download.

"The thing to remember is that everything about this project is big," he said.

Lewisohn told Beatles Examiner internet reports that review copies are out there are false.

“Review copies won’t be available for another couple of weeks, I understand,” he told us.
“If you’ve read differently on the web, such claims are untrue.”

However, there will be autographed copies. A spokesman for Tracks Ltd. told us a limited number of autographed copies (300 total) of the book will be available through their site.

Other false stories have been going around as well, he said.

“I even read that I turned up in Liverpool last weekend with three copies. I was in Liverpool, yes, but without the book, which I didn’t get to hold until yesterday.”
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Page created in 0.552 seconds with 75 queries.