Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: the spain show  (Read 16052 times)

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
the spain show
« on: September 08, 2005, 10:40:58 AM »

is the spain show on video anywheres?

In Blue Hawaii

• Getting Better
Re: the spain show
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2005, 11:33:02 AM »

I have a couple of minutes of documentary on dvd. Low quality stuff and in Spanish.  

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2005, 06:07:01 PM »

did they only do one show in spain>?

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2005, 11:50:11 PM »

there is only one i have seen.it is a 25 minutes peice.i am looking for the vid,but have had no luck yet....i need diego..does he still haunt this waters???

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2005, 08:45:34 PM »

Hi, lennonlegend.

The guys arrive at Madrid (Spain) in July, the 1st 1965 and leave the 4th. They did one show in Madrid (Las Ventas, 07/02/65) and another one in Barcelona (La Monumental, 07/03/65). Although I dont Know which one you have seen, Im sure its the one from Madrid because is the show that the only spanish TV channel broadcasted (in short documentary form) and it was used by the govermnet of Spain to critize the guys.
Sorry, although Id seen it too in the past I dont know if it is on dvd.  :-/

Bobber

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2005, 01:44:24 PM »

Quote from: pc31
is the spain show on video anywheres?

I presume you got the audio?

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2005, 10:50:56 AM »

pieces and parts.......

Bobber

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2005, 12:13:31 PM »

Mmm, me too. I have a copy that says 'Live In Spain 1965' but it's obviously from different sources. There is an introduction in Spanish however (Los Beatles!) and four or five songs that seem to come from the same show.

Bobber

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2005, 10:23:16 AM »

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2005, 02:10:44 PM »

Fantastico! (fantastic!)
Ojala hubiese estado alli (I wish I'd been there)  :-/

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2005, 11:27:46 AM »

the krone show is great too......

Bobber

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2005, 09:14:26 AM »

I got a video of the Munich show, if anybody wants that. Still trying to get my hands on the show in Madrid, however.

Bobber

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2005, 12:59:03 PM »

I've got a sort of documentary from the Spanish television (TVE), looking back on 1965, when the Beatles appeared in Spain. There's a lot of people interviewed who obviously had something to do with it and there a piece of show (just a few minutes) before it breaks of. It's in Spanish with no subtitling, so we might need Raxo over here. Anybody interested in a download?

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2005, 01:38:34 PM »

Yeah, I've got that one from TVE (Television Espanola - Spanish Television), ...but in video. It's about an hour and some people from that era that met them and became famous (in Spain) are on it. It was broadcasted in july 1995 (30 years after their visit).
The final show was a cover of Twist and Shout, isn't it? (about 1,5 minutes).
If that's correct I'll translate it, don't mind, but I must be sure it's the same documentary. (it must be XXXXX Mb to download).
I remember a funny anecdote about an interview that two young journalists made in the hotel room and John's response to the lack of space ... by kicking at the table.

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2005, 01:48:43 PM »

I started learning Spanish from buying imported albums from Mexico, Spain, Uruguay when I was a kid. Some of my favorite titles are: "Twist y Grita", "Lucia en el Cielo con Diamantes", and "Cobrador de Impuestos" (Taxman).

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2005, 02:07:02 PM »

^ Twist and Shout, Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds and Taxman (for those who can't imagine the original title songs)  ;D.
Hey, don't look at me in that way: there were at least 2-3 people who couldn't  :D

Bobber

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2005, 09:41:41 AM »

Quote from: raxo
It's about an hour and some people from that era that met them and became famous (in Spain) are on it. It was broadcasted in july 1995 (30 years after their visit).

I'm pretty sure it's the same. But I only got 14.27 minutes of it on the hard disc.

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2005, 02:13:10 PM »

Quote from: Bobber

I'm pretty sure it's the same. But I only got 14.27 minutes of it on the hard disc.

If you make a brief description of it or a summary or you upload it or anything... I could identify which part or parts of it you've got and so I'll be able to translate it/them.

Bobber

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2005, 02:17:36 PM »

I think it's the start of the documentary. A lot of it contains interviews with people who obviously had something to do with it. There's just a little piece of a performance of Twist And Shout and I think they even used the audio part of the Hollywood Bowl recordings. I'm not sure if it is worth translating and/or uploading.

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2005, 02:48:08 PM »

Quote from: Bobber
I think it's the start of the documentary. A lot of it contains interviews with people who obviously had something to do with it. There's just a little piece of a performance of Twist And Shout and I think they even used the audio part of the Hollywood Bowl recordings. I'm not sure if it is worth translating and/or uploading.

I'll check my video version (I'm sure that the sound was not from the original show or shows - spanish ones. I think it was on the subtitles: the sound was from the Hollywood Bowl recordings). If it's worth to be translate or not... it's up to you. I'll to translate it for you, if you want. As you might suppose there's nothing new at all on the docummentary but the images.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.231 seconds with 73 queries.