Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Oasis Noel Gallagher interview - big Beatles fan  (Read 10920 times)

badlobster

• One And One Is Two
Oasis Noel Gallagher interview - big Beatles fan
« on: September 02, 2008, 10:22:54 PM »

If anybody loves the Beatles, it's Noel Gallagher from Oasis. Thought this might be of interest.  

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/noel-gallagher-exclusive-interview-171793

Bobber

Re: Oasis Noel Gallagher interview - big Beatles fan
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 08:16:42 AM »

Quote from: 1452
If anybody loves the Beatles, it's Noel Gallagher from Oasis. Thought this might be of interest.  

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/noel-gallagher-exclusive-interview-171793 :)

The problem is that not many Beatlesfans love Noel Gallagher.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 09:37:31 AM »

Quote from: 63

The problem is that not many Beatlesfans love Noel Gallagher.

You got that right. I hate Oasis.

BlueMeanie

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 10:01:46 AM »

He also loved a lot of other people too. You can hear it in the songs he ripped off.

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 11:19:44 AM »

And how is this interview show he likes them? (hopefully i aint going deaf  :-/ )
YES love the Beatles, and so do Supertramp (they even have song names of the same name as Beatles songs), and Dylan likes them .... Who doesnt? I mean they all listened to them at some point in time and were influenced by them, i'd say...  

This reminds me of a hillerius sketch about northerners .... I love the way they say "Oasis"
0KnZbZbdJJg

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

BlueMeanie

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 11:35:42 AM »

Quote from: 596
This reminds me of a hillerius sketch about northerners .... I love the way they say "Oasis"

That's a southern accent, not a northern one.

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
  • One Thing I Can Tell You Is You Got To Be Free
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 01:24:12 PM »

I remember playing their albums in a music shop I worked in back in the nineties, and wondering: What's all the fuss about?

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 01:37:39 PM »

Another Noel skeptic weighs in:

Pointless Listmaking
Noel Gallagher Thinks The Beatles Are The Best Band Ever

Perhaps taking a cue from his tourmate Ryan Adams, Oasis' Noel Gallagher has started a blog, although for some reason (well, probably a reason that's rooted in some marketing initiative or another) it's registration-only. So you'll only be able to hear about Noel's irritability with autograph-seekers and all-night vodka/Neu! parties if you give up your e-mail address and a few other identifying markers. But if you do, oh, what treats await you! Like this glimpse into Oasis' dressing-room debate over the 10 best bands of all time, ever. Sure, he went the "list-as-content" route early, but c'mon, if there's one thing Noel Gallagher probably knows, it's that the Internet loves nothing more than to argue over semi-meaningfully quantified groups of artists, songs, and other cultural curios. I bet you can all guess who took this list's top spot...

In the dressing room the traditional debate has started about "The Top 10". This means the top 10 bands of all time. No solo artists allowed. No female artists allowed. No collectives allowed (Public Enemy etc.) This is the 1,000th time we've been here with this. It never gets any less interesting for me. For the record, THE DEFINITIVE top 10 is this..

1. The Beatles

2. The Rolling Stones

3. The Who

4. The Sex Pistols

5. The Kinks

6. The La's

7. Pink Floyd

8. The Bee Gees

9. The Specials

10. Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac

End of.

Why am I not surprised that someone who stipulates "no female artists" would have a top 10 that includes Pink Floyd?

TALES FROM THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE [Noel Gallagher's Blog]

http://idolator.com/400914/this-just-in-noel-gallagher-thinks-the-beatles-are-the-best-band-ever

Bobber

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2008, 01:54:27 PM »

It's doing The Beatles no good that Noel loves them.

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2008, 02:30:53 PM »

Quote from: 63
It's doing The Beatles no good that Noel loves them.

He's surely no help, but then again, who's even thought of him lately?

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Confusion will be my epitaph"
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2008, 02:36:22 PM »

And he makes a point of telling us how great Lennon is and how average McCartney is in many interviews (along with his brother) so he cant be all that big a fan :-/

but i think he listens to "dead end street" a lot though ;)

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2008, 02:59:07 PM »

I seem to be one of the very few that like them. Great songs, really powerful in concert, and I like their "we're the best" attitude. For me one of the best post-seventies British bands (pipped maybe by New Order) and Noel liam definately the best UK singer since God Knows When.
don't follow leaders

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Confusion will be my epitaph"
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2008, 06:47:39 PM »

Quote from: 185
I seem to be one of the very few that like them. Great songs, really powerful in concert, and I like their "we're the best" attitude. For me one of the best post-seventies British bands (pipped maybe by New Order) and Noel liam definately the best UK singer since God Knows When.

I liked there first Album a lot and thought there second was good as well, but overall i think they extremely overrated. I find Noel to be extremely witty and funny in his interviews and Liam a complete *&$£.

I went to see them at Wembley with a few friends around the time they released 'Standing on the shoulder of Giants' and they were absolutely amazing live and it was that night they used for the Cd/Dvd ' Familiar to millions'.

But i've always been more of a blur fan who always let the music do the talking, and often found myself thinking if it wasn't for Oasis's Antics away from the music and being constantly front page news, would every record they have released since WTSMG  even have gotten in the top ten never mind number one. ?

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2008, 06:50:46 PM »

I like the top ten list. It`s good that no female artists and no solo artists are allowed in the list. Cause they are an absolutely different kettle of fish. they can`t all be compared with each other.

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2008, 07:11:33 PM »

Quote from: 185

The other of the few is me. I agree with Kevin that the band is very good, they haven`t had a single bad album and the last one is perfect. It`s one of my favourite groups, and I consider them to be the best band of the 90s going into the 2000s. The songs are great. They are very interesting BAD guys and it certainly attracts attention to them.
Kevin is confusing the names, though: it`s not Noel Liam, but Liam Gallagher and Noel Gallagher, the two brothers with 3 other guys. Usually it`s Liam, the younger brother who is singing. His voice is compared to John Lennon`s, sounds like John. He is my favourite vocal after Lennon. They are the Beatles` fans, their favourite Beatles are John and George.
I understand why you all don`t like them, cause they are closer to John and George in their music not to your favourite Paul.

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2008, 07:22:26 PM »

Oasis is not overrated, it is loved all over the world. This is the objective reality and one can`t change it by saying that it is overrated, cause it is the number of fans that makes a band popular and shows that it is good. Their audience is mostly young people, of course. Their "antics" do not prevent them from writing good music, so why should their behaviour influence one`s attitude to them?
Besides, they are so British as no other group is. Not only in music, in appearance as well!

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2008, 01:49:37 AM »

Whoops a daisy...Noel gets pushed off stage!!!Just happened in Canada.
xtfliWt2EsQ
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2008, 01:56:12 AM »

Didn't Noel and his brother, Liam, "fight" with each other like the "Davies boys"............Dave and Ray???  I think I read this somewhere...............

BlueMeanie

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2008, 10:08:17 AM »

Quote from: 1393
Oasis is not overrated, it is loved all over the world. This is the objective reality and one can`t change it by saying that it is overrated, cause it is the number of fans that makes a band popular and shows that it is good. Their audience is mostly young people, of course. Their "antics" do not prevent them from writing good music, so why should their behaviour influence one`s attitude to them?
Besides, they are so British as no other group is. Not only in music, in appearance as well!

It doesn't matter how popular a band is in order to think they're overrated. I wouldn't say that they're the most British of British groups either. Blur, Arctic Monkeys, Kinks, all spring to mind.

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2008, 06:13:31 PM »

Blur is very British. What about Franz Ferdinand? Like a flash in the pan - promising and then disappearing.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.412 seconds with 86 queries.