Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: ringo quiz  (Read 8029 times)

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
ringo quiz
« on: May 18, 2004, 10:33:36 AM »

take larrys quiz he is quite good at making them....http://com1.runboard.com/bthemoondogs.ftriviatime.t50
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
Re: ringo quiz
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2004, 12:36:35 AM »

Nice quiz. I did OK, but nowhere near good enough.

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2004, 02:16:40 AM »

larrys a serious quizter....

LarryG

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2004, 02:45:01 AM »

[quote by=pc31 link=Blah.pl?b=starr,sid=-175p15mm100,m=1084876416,s=0 date=1084876416]take larrys quiz he is quite good at making them....http://com1.runboard.com/bthemoondogs.ftriviatime.t50[/quote]

I took the quiz and got a whole bunch wrong......

Bruno

• A Thousand Pages
  • The choice is yours, don't be late
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2004, 02:45:12 AM »

too hard ;D

---powered by Moondogs®---

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2004, 11:45:26 AM »

I think I did pretty good - those quotes are hard though!

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2004, 10:21:47 AM »

larry now has a zack quiz.........

LarryG

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2004, 01:19:24 AM »

Here's my Zak quiz.....Good luck and good drumming.

1. Name the two Oasis drummers who preceded Zak Starkey.

2. How old is Zak?

3. Who gave Zak his second drum kit?

4. His first kit was a junior Ludwig. What kind of kit is he using now? Bonus if you know the brand of symbols.

5. How did Zak get his first name?

6. What was the name of Zak's first band, and where did they rehearse?

7. Who said this of Zak: "He's just stunning. He's very easy to play with. Mind you, I'm very spoiled with drummers."?

8. In 1992, Zak was the drummer for what famous opening act rocker on the night that George Harrison would eventually appear in his first UK concert since the Beatles broke up? Hint: Later that year, he would tour in the US with that rocker. And no, the rocker (or the ensuing tour) was not his Dad.

9. How many All-Starr tours did Zak appear in?

10. Who is Zak's step-dad, and what is he known for?

LarryG

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2004, 01:22:38 AM »

And while we are at it....here's the Ringo quiz that PC is referring to.  Try not to peek over at Moondogs; some of the answers for this one are already posted there.  So, good luck and good drumming:

1. Ringo is responsible for titling two Lennon-McCartney compositions. Name the tunes.

2. After Ringo recorded the vocal for "If You Think You've Got Troubles," the Beatles and George Martin decided not to release it. Instead, the Beatles recorded what alternative Ringo vocal and for which album?

3. In his post-Beatles studio recording career, Ringo has covered five Beatles songs. Name them.

4. We all know that Ringo didn't drum on "Love Me Do." For various reasons, there were other Beatle tunes that didn't feature Ringo on drums or percussion (among them, "Yesterday"). On Sgt. Pepper and The White Album, there are several songs from both albums combined that DIDN'T feature Ringo on drums or percussion. Name all songs, or as many as you can.  (Even I blew a couple of these.)

5. Who said this about Ringo, and for what: "...although he probably can't remember, he did play on a good fifty or sixty percent of the album..."?

6. Ringo did a reluctant drum solo on Abbey Road -- on the "Carry that Weight/The End" medley. But after the Beatles broke up, drum solos weren't reluctant for Ringo. Name the six studio recordings and the years they were made in which there was a drum solo on a Ringo solo tune.

7. Who said this about Ringo: "Ringo, in fact, had to be persuaded quite heavily to sing. He used to do 'Boys' and 'Matchbox' with us...But generally we never thought of those songs as being that good."?

8. Name the Fab song that Ringo frequently cites as being the one in which his drumming was in the zone of being his best drumming as a Beatle.

9. Everyone knows the lead vocals Ringo had as a Beatle. Now, name all the Beatle songs that featured Ringo doing either backing or harmony vocals. Hint: See if you can come up with six titles.

10. Ringo's crash chord participation on "A Day in Life" is legendary. But another strike at the keys is not quite so. What Beatle song credits Ringo with playing the Hammond Organ? (Operative word is "credited.")

11. BONUS QUESTION: Quick, what song did "Bad Finger Boogie" become?

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2004, 12:15:19 AM »

1. Name the two Oasis drummers who preceded Zak Starkey.

Alan White and his brother who's name escapes me right now.

2. How old is Zak?

3. Who gave Zak his second drum kit?

Keith Moon

4. His first kit was a junior Ludwig. What kind of kit is he using now? Bonus if you know the brand of symbols.

DW,,,,,cymbols Zildjian???

5. How did Zak get his first name?

?,,,,Maureen probably gave it to him. Not sure

6. What was the name of Zak's first band, and where did they rehearse?

The Next, but I have no idea where they would have rehearsed. Abbey Road studios maybe?

7. Who said this of Zak: "He's just stunning. He's very easy to play with. Mind you, I'm very spoiled with drummers."?

Pete Townsend????

8. In 1992, Zak was the drummer for what famous opening act rocker on the night that George Harrison would eventually appear in his first UK concert since the Beatles broke up? Hint: Later that year, he would tour in the US with that rocker. And no, the rocker (or the ensuing tour) was not his Dad.

Roger Daltrey. I actually went to a concert in Pittsburgh of Roger with Zak on the skins along with the Pittsburgh symphony. Awesome to say the least. Ticket = $8.50

9. How many All-Starr tours did Zak appear in?

I saw him in one, so thats what i'll go with. 1!

10. Who is Zak's step-dad, and what is he known for?

clueless on this one

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2004, 12:59:46 AM »

The other Oasis drummer was Tony Macarroll ;)

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2004, 01:10:26 AM »

I stand corrected. Thanks TE, I dont know much about them.

Bruno

• A Thousand Pages
  • The choice is yours, don't be late
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2004, 01:17:09 AM »

wow, it seems you did a good job in the quiz tk