Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Underrated albums  (Read 10115 times)

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
Re: Underrated albums
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2011, 11:32:05 AM »

'Forever Changes' is a top 5 album of all time for me. What does that make it?  ha2ha

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2011, 02:02:46 PM »

Underrated means someone's heard it and thought it's not very good when it really is w/e they're a critic or not isn't a factor imo. If general public was a criteira then you could say Thriller is underrated 'cause only a minority of the public worldwide have bought it. Millions more people have chosen not to buy than have chosen to buy it so I think sales isn't really an issue. People who haven't heard Forever changes can't rate it so they can't underrate. It's only relevant what people who have heard it think.

Ok, let's say that every listener is a rock critic, I shouldn't have used that term. And that's my point, that underrated is not the same as ignored since you must hear an album to rate it.
"Love is old, love is new; love is all, love is you."

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2011, 02:07:42 PM »

anyway you (or me) thinking that an album is underrated is only our opinion, which in itself is subjective, some people may think Forever Changes is overrated and that people enthuse over it even though its quite ordinary, its only someones opinion that its a great underrated album.

I think that our subjective opinion is whether it's a great album or not. Now if it's rated high or low by most people tends to be an objective point, I think.

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2011, 02:08:44 PM »

'Forever Changes' is a top 5 album of all time for me. What does that make it?  ha2ha

It's in my Top 5 as well. It seems that we tend to love the same albums, except for S.F. Sorrow which I actually like but it's not even in my Top 100!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 03:00:24 PM by Hombre_de_ningun_lugar »

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2011, 06:43:45 PM »

It seems that we tend to love the same albums, except for S.F. Sorrow which I actually like but it's not even in my Top 100!

I dont know anybody else that loves it either so your definatly not alone.

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2011, 07:06:13 PM »

I dont know anybody else that loves it either so your definatly not alone.

I remember a guy from an old forum that said that S.F. Sorrow was even better than Forever Changes and Odessey And Oracle, so you're not alone either! (Unless that guy was you! ;D) That was the first time I knew about the record and looked for it. Honestly I didn't dig it the first time I listened to it; after several more listenings I thought it wasn't a bad album, but I wouldn't put it at the level of the best records of that time. Maybe it's underrated by me! ;D

Talking about S.F. Sorrow, it's said to be the first rock opera and that Pete Townshend made Tommy being influenced by it. What do you think about that? I find that hard to believe since Tommy started to be recorded some months before S.F. Sorrow was released, unless Pete knew about the project before its release.

nimrod

« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2011, 11:20:42 PM »

I actually prefer Parachute to SF especially the bonus track re-issue.

you guys really should hear the most ignored band for the last 40 years Barclay James Harvest

Barclay James Harvest - The World Goes On
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.397 seconds with 50 queries.