Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Yoko Ono  (Read 15578 times)

Pasta Cheif

• Getting Better
Re: Yoko Ono
« Reply #100 on: September 23, 2007, 07:57:26 AM »

I don't know, I just chose not to judge her.
"Dont take life seriously, you'll never get out of it alive"
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

dirtyoldsod

• A Beginning
  • Sue me sue you
« Reply #101 on: September 30, 2007, 05:51:21 AM »

I don't idolize her or anything, but I respect her, and I don't hate her. I'm sick of Yoko bashing as well. It's old, and most of the reasons for it are crap anyways.
<br /><br /><br />

dirtyoldsod

• A Beginning
  • Sue me sue you
« Reply #102 on: September 30, 2007, 05:54:52 AM »

Quote from: 483

I can find no reference, and he doesn't seem to want to name his sources.

IMDB says: "Some time after her husband's murder, Ono began a relationship with antiques dealer Sam Havadtoy, which lasted until 2001. They were never legally married."
<br /><br /><br />

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #103 on: June 21, 2008, 05:57:42 PM »

I ve read in a paper she had a relationship while John was babysitting. And i think it is true.

colleengirl95

• Getting Better
« Reply #104 on: July 13, 2008, 01:03:38 PM »

For me Yoko is alright, when i read an bad article about her i would tend to not like her ,wheni read a good article about her i would like her.
Sometimes i don't really like her at all but she made John happy so it's what that matters to me. :)
[IMG]http://i104.photobucket.com/albums

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #105 on: July 13, 2008, 08:18:13 PM »

Well, certainly she contributed to the band`s break up, but John had a complete fixation on her. I think John-Yoko love was one of the greatest in the 20th century, if we take the first 5 years.

Beatlemania31

• A Beginning
« Reply #106 on: July 16, 2008, 08:32:46 PM »

I hate the stuff she made in Double Fantasy.

Pitch

• Getting Better
  • Yes, I'm gonna be a Starr...
    • My Artwork
« Reply #107 on: September 03, 2008, 01:39:07 AM »

Uhhhm... I love the Japanese and all, but whatever that was coming out of her throat was certainly not music by my standards...
I found the bond between her and John to be a beautiful thing, even if I am not for all of that Make Love not War or stay-in-bed-so-as-not-to-make-war crud... And even though most people don't know about John and her assistant.
But, I felt that she and John broke a very sacred thing-- don't bring your woman into the studio or the session... And she intruded. She didn't take the hints... The Beatles were positively PERFECT with only 4 members and I do sort of blame her for the break-up a bit. -_-'

fercarv

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #108 on: September 03, 2008, 05:50:17 AM »

I hate her screaming, but I think the songs where she doesn't scream are not really that bad. And some of them have very good instrumentation by John.

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #109 on: September 04, 2008, 09:33:12 PM »

i hate the songs she sings on but love the songs she dosen't sing on!  :P :P

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #110 on: May 08, 2009, 07:10:34 PM »

Have you listened to Yoko`s other albums? Do you like them? It is claimed that her recent album was the most claimed one on Amazon. I have come across some devoted Yoko fans.

Pegasus

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #111 on: May 09, 2009, 07:36:34 PM »

I try NOT to judge her too harshly....she DID influence John to write some very memorable songs of course....

However...

John always seemed FAR more Besotted with her...and "Pushing her"...like a product....than she ever seemed to acclaim him..

I found her rather menacing "too quiet"...saying nothing yet noticing everything & "always Whispering" to John...in "Let it Be" to be rather disturbing...as no doubt did Paul, George & Ringo....!

But then....What if Ringo had said: "Maureen must ALWAYS be present" - Lennon would probably have Totally FLIPPED !

I BET John  would NOT have agreed to  that....indeed Not all Women...only Yoko... were that "Liberated" it appears...?

Others have said some very uncomplimentary things about her...maybe true maybe not...

Yet....

I find it very hard to equate the Radical Revolutionary "Free spirited" Anti Materialistic  non conformist : "Don't Worry , Don't Worry, Don't Worry...." lady screaming....writhing about in a bag at Lennon's feet ...telling the world to:

"Destroy all the clocks in the world & paint your Bottom blue"...etc   ;)

...with the HARD NOSED PIN STRIPE SUITED TIDY HAIRED FEMALE "BUSINESSMAN" of post 8 December 1980.....who made a fortune in REAL ESTATE ....
.....and later then ensured her highly unique own performance....every scream, every groan etc...was CAREFULLY EDITED OUT of "John Lennon Live in New York" album...in order to to ensure it SOLD Better....and who we are told always drives a VERY Hard bargain re the Lennon image etc...

A curious About turn of character eh....?  

I'm rather dubious about her as a result....

Also...I ask myself :

Would John Lennon  have later put a Blood stained item of HERS on one of HIS Albums covers ...had the targets been reversed  ...?

these points always Nag away in the back of my mind whenever  I think of her....

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #112 on: May 09, 2009, 08:00:19 PM »

Yes, I agree with you. A cunning but very wise oriental woman. At first she kept a low profile but when the job was done and John was tamed she stepped forward and dictated her will. But she does have some interesting music, without screaming and crazy antics. Besides, she is an architect and has some sculptures in Tokyo. What are her relations with Sean? Does anyone know?

Pegasus

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #113 on: May 10, 2009, 01:30:13 PM »

I don't know about Sean....

I never knew that photographer Tony Cox was NOT her first husband....

She married a much Older Wealthy Japanese guy to start with....then went on to Tony Cox...

Whatever happened to her daughter Kyoko...? - Did she (now a grown woman) ever contact her mother again...?

Some things I have read re Yoko:

Yoko is reputed to have Excitedly  told a friend "I've Bagged a Beatle" after pairing off with John....

John's first wife Cynthia has spoken of how when Yoko first visited them she would always "Accidently" leave behind an item...like a purse, lighter,  or ring etc...thus having a reason to call back again later....

Cynthia's book tells of how She then  "Moved in" with John when Cynthia & young Julian were away on a holiday...

The Recording Engineer on "Double Fantasy" spoke of how when Paul rang for John at the Studio....she REFUSED to let him (the guy who answered the phone) pass Paul's call on for him to  speak to John...or  for ANYONE to then let John know that Paul had rang....

May Pang said John once asked her if she felt he...then in the mid seventies... should write songs with Paul again....May Pang said yes John SHOULD ....but then, after Yoko returned on the scene...John never ever spoke of doing that again....

Heresay of course....but it DOES appear NO ONE "involved" ever had a good word to say for  her.... :-/

While even John Lennon himself once wrote; "Move Over Ms. L"  !!!!  

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #114 on: May 10, 2009, 05:46:30 PM »

Oh, how sad it all is! Especially, John`s wanting to write with Paul! And Paul calling John at the studio! I am sure they continued to love each other, but suppressed their love, were made to suppress it.
What a pity!

moonbeam34

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #115 on: July 18, 2009, 11:47:18 PM »

I've read conflicting accounts of whether or not Yoko played a direct role in the band's break-up. My opinion is that Yoko bewitched John and totally chipped away at his self-esteem, confidence, etc., until he was completely under her thumb and deferring to her like a child would to a mother. From everything I've read, there was already angst and turmoil within the group; Yoko's appearance and constant presence just made it that much more unbearable. Feel free to yell at me if you wish. :)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Page created in 0.374 seconds with 77 queries.