Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Was John Scared of Yoko ?  (Read 10350 times)

wingsman

• Getting Better
  • There is always a reason to live
Re: Was John Scared of Yoko ?
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2007, 08:46:40 PM »

I also agree with you Dark Sweet Lady and harihead. I'm almost sure he wasn't scared of Yoko or the ex Beatles.
I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't eat trash... I work out hard everyday and have a healthy life. And I'm proud of it.

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2007, 09:23:45 AM »

It's not always easy to get out of a relationship thats not good for you ?
And i'm not sure i would have wanted John to leave Yoko , what i wanted to see was a seperation of there creative union . One husband and wife project is ok , but having her " Spoil " your records time and again was not what i wanted to hear ?

DaveRam :)

BlueMeanie

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2007, 09:46:53 AM »

Quote from: 687
I think if John had wanted to get out of the relationship, he would have.

John was never a loner. He would have only left her for someone else.

Buttmunker

• Getting Better
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2007, 03:44:58 PM »

If John Lennon wasn't a singer in a rock and roll band, I would have loved to have seen him carting Yoko Ono to his day job at IBM.

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2008, 10:17:31 PM »

A small bump to this thread, but I read someting last night that reminded me of the discussion here...

Its a quote from Sam Leach : "John was a bit shy - that's why women used to dominate him"

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2008, 11:16:33 PM »

Didn't John try to leave Yoko and be with May Pang only to ditch May to go back to Yoko? He would always go back to Yoko regardless IMO.

Wordno

• Getting Better
  • Fortune favors the bold
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2008, 01:58:24 AM »

I think the whole "I don't think John was afraid of anything" quote is a bit silly. You're making him out to be something like a fearless hero who conquers evil. If anything, he was the most vunerable Beatle. Being alone probably scared him the most. John had to have some sort of guidance in his life and Yoko gave that to him. He probably wasn't afraid of Yoko, just afraid to be without her. She was definitely domineering. John needed a motherly figure in his life. May Pang seems like too much of a pushover and thats probably why John didn't stay with her.

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2008, 01:38:07 PM »

Only a robot can`t be afraid of anything.
I have been thinking recently of the idea you mentioned in your post, Wordno - that John was vulnerable, that is true, I think. On the one hand he had these leadership qualities and used to be an idol for boys in Liverpool, kind of being above them. On the other hand he desperately needed a soul-partner and hated loneliness. That`s why he left Cynthia, who he didn`t love (and I think had never loved), cause they were absolutely different people and he didn`t feel any bond to her, first of all emotional and intellectual. When he met Yoko he was overwhelmed how much alike they were. She was intellectual, radical, unusual, exotic, and I think very emotional. Like no other woman had been. "I had no doubt, I`d met the One," he said later. He wasn`t lonely any more.
But I don`t think he needed guidance, this is not true. He had been guiding himself and others all his life! So this idea of Yoko being as mother to him is nonsense. She was his equal, his true equal and he was impressed. It`s like it was with Paul. When John met him he was impressed. Maybe he even felt threatened by Paul`s talent but he asked him to join the band. It was not often that John met equals. So he sincerely fell in love with Yoko. Certainly he wasn`t afraid of Yoko but was connected to her by all these bonds. May Pang was just an ordinary girl. Yoko knew who to give to John for him to stay for a WHILE with.

freakchic9

• A Thousand Pages
  • =D
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2008, 12:56:20 AM »

"Also, someone claimed that at the time of his murder, John was about to start the process of divorcing her."

I read that somewhere. Does anyone know if that was true?
I hate to join the conversation and not really read what was going on, but is this true? I mean, I've never heard it, but apparantly, someone has.

8)
<|\
 |
 ^

Too cool, yah?

The Dude

• A Beginning
  • Abides
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2008, 06:05:26 AM »

Quote from: 1301
"Also, someone claimed that at the time of his murder, John was about to start the process of divorcing her."

I read that somewhere. Does anyone know if that was true?
I hate to join the conversation and not really read what was going on, but is this true? I mean, I've never heard it, but apparantly, someone has.

I doubt very much that John was planning to divorce Yoko. It would have made the whole 'Double Fantasy' symbology meaningless. Besides, John didn't strike me as a man in the middle of a marriage breakdown in the interviews given at the time of his death.

'Did you ever hear of the Seattle Seven? That was me.... and... six other guys.'

colleengirl95

• Getting Better
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2008, 10:49:38 AM »

I dunno but i know there's something in her that makes her look a bit creepy to me no offense but i'm afraid of her.
[IMG]http://i104.photobucket.com/albums

Ged

• A Beginning
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2008, 01:40:17 PM »

It's not even like she could blackmail him with his knob size, I mean, we'd all seen it on two virgins.

But...

There were photos of John, Yoko and someone she was close with, pictured at some ball game or something, i'll have to dig the pic and report out.

As for May Pang, that was Yoko's idea, he was pushed to her and summoned back.

jamsss

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2009, 03:58:39 PM »

well,i'm sure he was when she screams   ;D ;D
~ Ob-la-di Ob-la-da~the beatles,The greatest band ever

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2009, 09:52:12 PM »

well,i'm sure he was when she screams   ;D ;D

Yes! How could he stand it?

sgt. peppie

• Getting Better
  • Lolwut?
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2009, 11:36:00 PM »

all i can say is that his behavior towards mimi was similar to his behavior towards yoko
i mean he didn't really go for yoko for her appearance, but how she was. it apparently impressed him.
then again, who isn't scared of yoko? her singing could've shattered john's glasses if she sang any higher.

George does not approve.

Wonderland

• Getting Better
  • I'm as crazy as you want me to be
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2009, 06:06:49 PM »

I'm unusual around here in that I like Yoko. Maybe John just liked her too, maybe he didn't feel scared of her or anything, maybe he just found her interesting and likable. It's not impossible.

POMPON!

• One And One Is Two
  • i'd rather live in the past.
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2009, 10:25:12 AM »

i used to loathe Yoko so bad that i thought of the idea that it might be better for Yoko dying instead of John..well of course!its better if John still alive from my point of view.BUT if Yoko means that much to John..it would be horrible for him and I would never want our John to be unhappy,i'm sure enough(:
So, i kinda OK w/her as being whom John loves but as a singer and the way she scream..OH GOD I CAN'T POSSIBLY PUT UP W/THAT!! (especially the song 'DON'T WORRY KYOKO' oh god i'm just shocked..cuz its worse than i even had in mind).
     JOHN LENNONPAUL McCARTNEYGEORGE HARRISONRINGO STARR
only four.no more.only four.no more.only four.no more.only four.no more.only four

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2009, 09:14:22 PM »

At first he was impressed. She acted very insidiously. This Eastern lady knew how to tie guys to herself. She was very crafty. Having impressed John, become his indispensable part, she suppressed him with the help of drugs. So that she could manipulate him. A person who takes drugs becomes so helpless. And Yoko imposed on John the idea that heroin if smelled (or smoked?) and not injected, is harmless. Eager for new horizons he believed her...
So John wasn`t scared of Yoko, he was manipulated into living the life he lived at that time. John was a man with no double "bottom" - без двойного дна - wasn`t double-faced or double-dealing, he was all on the surface... Too gullible, unsuspecting.

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2009, 01:19:22 PM »

At first he was impressed. She acted very insidiously. This Eastern lady knew how to tie guys to herself. She was very crafty. Having impressed John, become his indispensable part, she suppressed him with the help of drugs. So that she could manipulate him. A person who takes drugs becomes so helpless. And Yoko imposed on John the idea that heroin if smelled (or smoked?) and not injected, is harmless. Eager for new horizons he believed her...
So John wasn`t scared of Yoko, he was manipulated into living the life he lived at that time. John was a man with no double "bottom" - без двойного дна - wasn`t double-faced or double-dealing, he was all on the surface... Too gullible, unsuspecting.

Jane, Jane, your ability to pass off opinion as fact is truly astounding.  :)
I can see that for a lennon fan your image of John as some wide eyed innocent sucked into drug hell by this eastern temptress would be very appealing. But just because you want it to be don't make it so.
Facts and evidence, not wishful thinking and supposition.
We could just easily change gullible and unsuspecting to needy (being dominated by Yoko) and stupid (his drug fetish).
don't follow leaders

POMPON!

• One And One Is Two
  • i'd rather live in the past.
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2009, 02:10:21 PM »

woww this is exactly what I used to have in mind about YOKO and John when I know about them I mean my friends and I were like 'Goshh this Yoko probably want our gorgeous John so bad she haunted him with all kind of dark voodoo magics and stuff BUT! I guess I and my friends really just judge people from their outside coz I have no idea what she was like..but I must admit I think she's weird..no offense but I'm not gonna lie..
     JOHN LENNONPAUL McCARTNEYGEORGE HARRISONRINGO STARR
only four.no more.only four.no more.only four.no more.only four.no more.only four
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.415 seconds with 97 queries.