Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Time Machine  (Read 4765 times)

KEROUAC

• A Beginning
Time Machine
« on: November 28, 2014, 01:03:09 PM »

If you had a time machine which point in Beatles history would you like to go back to witness?

I've thought about this many times. I've always wished I could see The Beatles in their Pre-fame era which may not be the most common answer. So maybe around 1961 at The Cavern or in Hamburg. I know they weren't as polished but I'd love to witness them at that stage.

So if you had a time machine what point in time would you visit?

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
Re: Time Machine
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 03:01:05 PM »

Just witness or intervene? If possible, I'd get to them towards the end and discourage the break-up. Just say, "Chill, take a break for awhile. This thing's too great to destroy."

Saying "chill" back then would probably sound super cool.

:police:

'...In the name of Preverti, daughter of the mountains, whose embrace with Rani made the whole world tremble...'

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 05:33:29 PM »

If you had a time machine which point in Beatles history would you like to go back to witness?

I've thought about this many times. I've always wished I could see The Beatles in their Pre-fame era which may not be the most common answer. So maybe around 1961 at The Cavern or in Hamburg. I know they weren't as polished but I'd love to witness them at that stage.

So if you had a time machine what point in time would you visit?

Me too.  Lewisohn's biography opened up new world to be about the pre-fame Beatles that I would love to have witnessed.
What, is he dead?  Sit you down, father.  Rest you.

Bobber

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2014, 08:42:03 PM »

Certainly a great time to travel back to, with the knowledge that these guys are going to make it big. I would also love to sit in with a songwriting proces between Paul and John. Just sit and watch how they do it.

oldbrownshoe

• Getting Better
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2014, 11:04:21 PM »

Not The Beatles exactly, but I'd go back to The Festival of Britain (1951), aged about 14 in short pants, and I'd take it from there.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2014, 06:28:20 AM »

Just witness or intervene? If possible, I'd get to them towards the end and discourage the break-up. Just say, "Chill, take a break for awhile. This thing's too great to destroy."

Saying "chill" back then would probably sound super cool.

:police:

Klang, such an encounter could create a time paradox the results of which could cause a chain reaction that would unravel the very fabric of the space-time continuum and destroy the entire universe!  Granted, that's the worst-case scenario. The destruction might in fact be very localized, limited to merely our own galaxy.
I can stay till it's time to go

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2014, 07:31:18 AM »

Klang, such an encounter could create a time paradox the results of which could cause a chain reaction that would unravel the very fabric of the space-time continuum and destroy the entire universe!  Granted, that's the worst-case scenario. The destruction might in fact be very localized, limited to merely our own galaxy.

Exactly. If The Beatles hadn't broken up we might never have had The Bay City Rollers.

oldbrownshoe

• Getting Better
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2014, 09:55:04 AM »

Won't be popular for mentioning this but, if The Beatles hadn't split up, they'd have ended up (a) looking awful (see any 'band' circa 1975), (b) putting out disco remixes on 12 inch singles, and (c) releasing five singles from each album.

No thanks.

'Let It Be' will do for me. They got out just when it was going down the pan. 

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2014, 11:47:45 AM »

Just a shame they couldn't have risen above the turmoil and just called a hiatus instead of a formal split. And I think they were more than capable of avoiding the cheesiness mentioned. There is a parallel dimension somewhere where this happened. Now, that's where I'd like to pop into for a look.

:)

« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 05:12:44 PM by Klang »
'...In the name of Preverti, daughter of the mountains, whose embrace with Rani made the whole world tremble...'

oldbrownshoe

• Getting Better
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2014, 06:54:40 PM »

I don't think the industry would have allowed them to avoid the cheesiness.
'Michael Jackson has released 55 singles off an album.....so will you.'

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2014, 12:56:08 AM »

Won't be popular for mentioning this but, if The Beatles hadn't split up, they'd have ended up...(b) putting out disco remixes on 12 inch singles...

Well in case you didn't know, and I think you did, Stars On 45 would do it if The Beatles hadn't...

Stars on 45 - Beatles Medley, Full Version (HQ, Vinyl)

;D

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2014, 10:49:29 AM »

For fantasy's sake, I guess there'd be a parallel dimension where the cheesiness does happen. I'd be interested in seeing that too.

:P

Mr Mustard

• Getting Better
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2014, 08:39:31 PM »

I don't think the industry would have allowed them to avoid the cheesiness.
'Michael Jackson has released 55 singles off an album.....so will you.'

This is where you get it the wrong way around though obs...

the Beatles wouldn't have tolerated the cheesiness and would have kept the bar raised to avoid 70s kitsch...

"The Beatles don't release singles off albums Mr Jackson - so neither will you!"

;) 8)

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2014, 04:51:12 AM »

For fantasy's sake, I guess there'd be a parallel dimension where the cheesiness does happen. I'd be interested in seeing that too.

:P

Be careful that you don't run into yourself or anyone else you knew then, Klang, or you'll cause a temporal paradox!

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2014, 11:06:31 AM »

I'd love that!

:)

Page created in 0.724 seconds with 72 queries.