Other forums > Current Affairs

Economic crisis in Russia

(1/8) > >>

Dmitry:
Russia pays dearly for Olympic games, Crimea, Ukraine...
The devaluation of rubble is threatening. A year ago $1 cost 33 rubles and €1 - 45 rubles, now $1 costs 54, and €1 = 67 rubles  :o
All around (incl. petrol and food) is constantly going up, but salary stay the same.
Сonsidering also that most goods (food, electronics, children things etc.) are from abroad, you can imagine how is our life here.
I always bought things from EU, US and Japan, because quality of Russian things is unsatisfactorily.
Even my car is Renault and all my websites one day migrated from Russian hosting to American one.

http://online.wsj.com/articles/ruble-hits-new-low-as-oil-prices-drop-1417441184

I always recieve about 100 thousands rubles a month. It was 3000 bucks year ago, and only 1800 now.
I host Beatles website and forums at justhost.com and have to pay for 2015 year $143.88. I say about it in case you know what it could mean  roll:)

Dmitry:
Just count up how much my appartments cost now. $127 thousands. Two years ago it was $187 thousands.
Entertaining arithmetic  ha2ha

Dmitry:
I know you're not so interested as I am, but it really looks like Russia is sinking. Wow! I wish I could leave the boat...

$1 costs 65, and €1 = 80 rubles.
It means prices here will grow up at least in two times.

I always knew that Russia is very weak, because its budget 75% consists of revenue from oil and gas. Putin only knows how to sell natural resources, spend money recklessly and steal boldly. He has nothing to say us except that everything is under control.

Dmitry:
​Sorry, Putin. Russia’s economy is doomed

--- Quote ---...Russia doesn't so much have an economy as it has an oil exporting business that subsidizes everything else. That's why the combination of more supply from the United States, and less demand from Europe, China, and Japan has hit them particularly hard. Cheaper oil means Russian companies have fewer dollars to turn into rubles, which is just another way of saying that there's less demand for rubles—so its price is falling. It hasn't helped, of course, that sanctions over Russia's incursion into Ukraine have already left Russia short on dollars.
--- End quote ---

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2014/12/15/russias-economy-is-doomed-its-that-simple/

Dmitry:
Funny things. There is a lot of foreigners in Moscow and St. Petersburg who came for shopping. They buy things here which are now much cheaper than in Europe and America. And some things they are buying were made in their countries ha2ha
For example, you could buy a German car which were two times cheaper than the same one in Germany.

There is now a large inflow of foreign currency.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version