Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Introducing The Beatles.  (Read 2263 times)

Brynjar

• Getting Better
Introducing The Beatles.
« on: July 14, 2005, 05:42:55 PM »

If you were to introduce The Beatles to someone, what book would buy for him/her? I have nephew who is 18 years old and lives in Sweden. I have bought The White Album but I
They were the most brilliant, powerful, lovable, popular group on the planet. - Q, 1995.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Re: Introducing The Beatles.
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2005, 08:07:31 PM »

I'd try to hunt down a used copy (been out of print forever) of Nicholas Schaffner's "Beatles Forever". Outstanding, interesting read. Picture sleeves from all over the world, and a great overview of their history. A kid wouldn't get bored with it.
Here's an Amazon link:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1567310087/qid=1121371674/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/104-3972470-3321563?v=glance&s=books

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2005, 12:13:14 AM »

it was a well put together book altho the binding on mine sucked and the pages fell out eventually........

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2005, 12:35:23 AM »

Quote from: pc31
it was a well put together book altho the binding on mine sucked and the pages fell out eventually........

Mine too. I had the hardback and paperback. Awesome book. He was a great writer. Left us too soon. I met him at a Beatlefest in '81 and he was a great guy. He did a book with Pete Shotton called "In My Life" which was also very cool. It was Pete's recollections of he and John growing up and going through Beatlemania, then the inevitable shutting him out by Yoko. Schaffner kind of filled in the spaces with historical info and it turned out pretty cool. I don't know if it sold more than 5 copies, but I thought it was a good book.

Brynjar

• Getting Better
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2005, 01:24:10 PM »

Quote from: juniorsfarm
I'd try to hunt down a used copy (been out of print forever) of Nicholas Schaffner's "Beatles Forever".

Just got it. Looks nice.

Thanks for that.

They were the most brilliant, powerful, lovable, popular group on the planet. - Q, 1995.

Mendips

• Getting Better
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2005, 12:52:21 AM »

What about the Anthology? Too much at once?

A great place to find out of print books is

www.bookfinder.com

They'll give you a listing of the book you want from different sellers so you can choose for yourself the price, condition, edition...etc.
John: You're just a lonely old man from Liverpool.
Grandfather: But I'm clean!
John: Are ya?

Page created in 0.281 seconds with 47 queries.