Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Rock And Roll's MOST HATED!!!! MUST READ!!!!  (Read 8422 times)

RICKENBACKER325

• "Life is what happens while you busy making other plans"
  • A Thousand Pages
  • Its always been about the music !
Rock And Roll's MOST HATED!!!! MUST READ!!!!
« on: September 28, 2012, 01:29:09 AM »

Ok everyone familiar with Beatles lore will say Allen Klien, Lee Eastman or yoko Ono.....but what do you think of these as top  canidates?
1. Mike Love.....really?!?! Firing the other three original members of the Beach Boys, not to mention founder and musical wizard, Brian Wilson! Just to go out on tour as the Beach boys with 2nd generation Bruce Johnston! C'mon!!!!!!!
2. Axel Rose..... The most pompas, arrogant, self centered A$$ in recent rock history....he really over estimates his importance in rock history as well as life itself!
Is there any others that you think should be here?
Maybe the Gallagher Brothers or Chris Robinson from the Black Crowes or even Gregg Allman, Still busting up the Allman Brothers line up.
Let here you canidates and why you think they deserve the title of MOST HATED IN ROCK AND ROLL!

RICKENBACKER325

• A Thousand Pages
Re: Rock And Roll's MOST HATED!!!! MUST READ!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 02:01:39 AM »

Oh I almost forgot the biggest crook in show business Col. Tom Parker. He not olny robbed one the greatest in rock and roll (50% of everything), Elvis Presley, but also along with prescription drugs helped kill a man, again the one and only, Elvis Presley. If you kill a mans spirit, disire, and is soul you will kill him physical. He squashed any hope of European and Asian tours but also killed any chance of a serious acting career, Elvis was slated to star opposite Barbara Striesand in "A star is born", not Kris Kristofferson. Parker shot it down cause Elvis would have had second billing as Striesand was the hottest commodity in acting/music business at that time. I think he should be on the list ;yes
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 11:12:48 AM by RICKENBACKER325 »

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 04:22:21 PM »

1. Mike Love.....really?!?! Firing the other three original members of the Beach Boys, not to mention founder and musical wizard, Brian Wilson! Just to go out on tour as the Beach boys with 2nd generation Bruce Johnston! C'mon!!!!!!!

Not true. Mike and Bruce have been touring as The Beach Boys without Brian, Al and David since 1998. This year they reunited because of the band's 50th anniversary and after that, it would be back to business as usual with just Mike, Bruce and the hired hands. That has been the plan all along. But now Brian and Al have decided that they want to stay after all, and it seems that Mike's not too crazy about the idea. That's not quite the same thing as "firing" someone.

Second, Mike can't fire anyone from The Beach Boys, only from the band that tours under that name (which is a different thing). Years ago, Brian, Al and Carl's estate sold him the exclusive license to tour as The Beach Boys. That means that Mike indeed has the right to kick Brian and Al out of the touring band (but only because Brian and Al gave him that right), but both legally and in the recording studio, they're still members of The Beach Boys.

RICKENBACKER325

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 05:57:19 PM »

Mike won the right in court years a few years back when he and Al split on a tour and he sued to use the Beach Boys name. I remember the suit quite I was here when it happened. Fired is the term all the media is using....so thats what I am going on. Also according to the other memebers Brian, Al and David Marks they were indeed fired by Carl. Now would you say John Stamos and Billy Hinske are Beach Boys, uuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! No I dont think so. I guess it would be like Paul going out on tour with out any of the other Beatles (Living or not), under the name The Beatles.
 How about the Stones with just Mick or just "Keef" touring. Its B.S.! Mike may have been a voice on some of theit hits, but so was Brian,Al and Carl. But this is what I wanted for this subject. Thank you Joost. So do you have anyone in mind for the MOST HATED LIST?

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 07:43:54 PM »

Mike won the right in court years a few years back when he and Al split on a tour and he sued to use the Beach Boys name.
That's not entirely correct. Mike bought the license from BRI (Brother Records Industries), a company that is owned by himself, Brian Wilson, Al Jardine and the estate of Carl Wilson. They all (or at least a majority of the four of them) agreed on selling Mike that license. After Al was kicked out of the Beach Boys live band, he started performing live with his own band, which he called The Beach Boys Family & Friends. That was a breach of contract, since he wasn't allowed to use the Beach Boys' name, because Mike had, and still has, the sole right to do that. That's what that court case was about.
Now would you say John Stamos and Billy Hinske are Beach Boys, uuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
No, because they aren't official Beach Boys and never were. There are nine people who can, or at one time could, call themselves official members of The Beach Boys and those people are Brian Wilson, Dennis Wilson, Carl Wilson, Mike Love, Al Jardine, Bruce Johnston, David Marks, Blondie Chaplin and Ricky Fataar. I do recall though that Billy Hinsche was at one time offered a full membership, but he turned it down.
I guess it would be like Paul going out on tour with out any of the other Beatles (Living or not), under the name The Beatles.
 How about the Stones with just Mick or just "Keef" touring. Its B.S.!
I know it's BS, but that's just how it is. Mike got BRI's blessing when he bought the license, so there's nothing that anyone can do about it now.
So do you have anyone in mind for the MOST HATED LIST?
I'll think about it...
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 07:52:45 PM by Joost »

RICKENBACKER325

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 08:54:46 PM »

I know there other "official members". But what I am talking about is only the surving founding members Brian, Mike, Al and David and I'll give you Bruce since he has been around since 65, that give tenure. it would have been nice to finish the 50th anniversary tour and now ill fated Beach Boys album, that was discussed also for the 50th anniversary. As four Mike Love He still gets my vote for MOST HATED, for a couple of reasons, suing Al for the "Beach boys family and friends" tour. Really did he have to such a controlling  D!CK! Everyone knew what the bands were there was never any confusion about who was who, especially to long time BB fans. And pi$$ing out the fire on the 50th celebration tour and album. I guess it all boils down to money, not the music and certainly not the fans! JMO 8)

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 09:00:39 PM »

it would have been nice to finish the 50th anniversary tour and now ill fated Beach Boys album, that was discussed also for the 50th anniversary.
What ill-fated album? They released a new album a couple of months ago called 'That's Why God Made The Radio'. It's great, it got good reviews and it was they best-selling albums since the mid 60s.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2012, 09:06:09 PM »

As four Mike Love He still gets my vote for MOST HATED, for a couple of reasons, suing Al for the "Beach boys family and friends" tour. Really did he have to such a controlling  D!CK!
I'm not Mike Love's biggest fan either, but I think he had the right to do that. He payed a lot of money for the exclusive right to use The Beach Boys' name, and Al simply didn't have the legal right to use it as well. I'll be the first to admit that Mike Love is an incredible dick sometimes, but sometimes it seems like absolutely everything that the guy does or says gets taken the wrong way. And that's not always fair. And after all, he was a very essential part of my favorite band of all time (it's hard to deny that it would've been the same band without him, especially during the early years), so at least I respect and admire him for that.

RICKENBACKER325

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2012, 04:44:37 AM »

What ill-fated album? They released a new album a couple of months ago called 'That's Why God Made The Radio'. It's great, it got good reviews and it was they best-selling albums since the mid 60s.
The farewell Beach boys album that Brian and the others had planned for after the tour.....straight from thier moutns not mine.

RICKENBACKER325

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2012, 04:48:05 AM »

I'm not Mike Love's biggest fan either, but I think he had the right to do that. He payed a lot of money for the exclusive right to use The Beach Boys' name, and Al simply didn't have the legal right to use it as well. I'll be the first to admit that Mike Love is an incredible dick sometimes, but sometimes it seems like absolutely everything that the guy does or says gets taken the wrong way. And that's not always fair. And after all, he was a very essential part of my favorite band of all time (it's hard to deny that it would've been the same band without him, especially during the early years), so at least I respect and admire him for that.
He is a gigantic PUTZ! He not been misubderstod....hes a dick! Its all about money, you said it yourself...he paid a lot of money......Never about music,the fans and certainly not what right for a fan appreciation of 50 years of following the band.

Ovi

• A Thousand Pages
  • Tonight, I'm a rock 'n' roll star.
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2012, 08:11:50 AM »

Definitely Axl Rose.

Some honorable mentions to Sid Vicious and GG Allin. Though a part of me sometimes feels bad for hating GG, as he's been said to have mental problems and had a very rough childhood (his father was an unstable and antisocial man and they lived in the woods with no running water or electricity, and he even named him Jesus Christ). But then I watch one of his shows and it's just downright disturbing and moronic.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 08:30:02 AM by The 5th Beatle »
http://tangledupinmusic.wordpress.com - yet another music blog

RICKENBACKER325

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2012, 02:52:51 PM »

Definitely Axl Rose.

Some honorable mentions to Sid Vicious and GG Allin. Though a part of me sometimes feels bad for hating GG, as he's been said to have mental problems and had a very rough childhood (his father was an unstable and antisocial man and they lived in the woods with no running water or electricity, and he even named him Jesus Christ). But then I watch one of his shows and it's just downright disturbing and moronic.
Definently Axl Rose I also agree on Sid Viscious and Gg Allin. Heres one I bet nobody would think of, D!ck Dale while I will give in on the fact here is a great muscian, if you listen to him being interviewed he is so arrogant and gives himself total credit for inventing surf music and inventing the reverb unit for amps......lol! Another I would like to name for the list....Phil Spector. Not only a jerk but a murdering jerk. The wall of sound was good and he wrote and produced some great music, but sometines your present life overtakes what you did in the past that was good. Hell, Even Charles Manson was befriended by Dennis Wilson and wrote some songs, and I think The Beach boys may have even covered one, not positive about that tho'. It could have been a studio outtake. Maybe Joost could shed some light on that.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 02:54:36 PM by RICKENBACKER325 »

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2012, 04:35:04 PM »

How about this guy? Not exactly one of the most loved people in rock 'n' roll history either.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Stuart_Donaldson

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2012, 04:37:14 PM »

Hell, Even Charles Manson was befriended by Dennis Wilson and wrote some songs, and I think The Beach boys may have even covered one, not positive about that tho'. It could have been a studio outtake. Maybe Joost could shed some light on that.
The Beach Boys released the song 'Never Learn Not To Love' on the 1969 album '20/20' (and as the B-side of the 'Bluebirds over the Mountain' single), which was based on a song written by Charles Manson as 'Cease To Excist'. Although Manson's original song was just slightly altered, he did not get a writing credit.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2012, 04:48:16 PM »

He is a gigantic PUTZ! He not been misubderstod....hes a dick! Its all about money, you said it yourself...he paid a lot of money......Never about music,the fans and certainly not what right for a fan appreciation of 50 years of following the band.
You're right, he is a dick. But if you're 71 years old, filthy rich and still working, you've gotta love the job you're doing, right? So I do think he does love the music and the fans. If he didn't, he probably would have retired years ago.

RICKENBACKER325

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2012, 05:37:51 PM »

Thank you Joost for clearing up the manson issue. I could not remeber how that story unfolded. The Ian Stuart donalson is most certainly a candidate for the list! Finally, Lets say you and I see Mike Love diferently. I like the music but I have contemp for him that you dont. But that kool, I love the difference in opinions ;yes And your right he is 71 and theres something to be said about the longevity hes has been out there and continues to do what he does best. i just would love to see the album Brian wilson had planned for after the tour. Even in the interviews you can tell there are still ill feelings among the group. Just wishful thinking on my part.

RICKENBACKER325

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2012, 04:35:45 PM »

The Beach Boys released the song 'Never Learn Not To Love' on the 1969 album '20/20' (and as the B-side of the 'Bluebirds over the Mountain' single), which was based on a song written by Charles Manson as 'Cease To Excist'. Although Manson's original song was just slightly altered, he did not get a writing credit.
Thank you Joost for clarifying that. I could not remember how the issue of the manson song went.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2012, 05:07:02 PM »

Interesting note on The Beach Boys' '20/20' album: it contains creative input from no less than four convicted murderers:
- Charles Manson co-wrote 'Never Learn Not To Love'
- Phil Spector co-wrote 'I Can Hear Music'
- Huddy Ledbetter wrote 'Cottonfields'
- Jim Gordon played drums on 'Cabinessence' (and possibly more songs)

Ovi

• A Thousand Pages
  • Tonight, I'm a rock 'n' roll star.
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2012, 05:40:05 PM »

Interesting note on The Beach Boys' '20/20' album: it contains creative input from no less than four convicted murderers:
- Charles Manson co-wrote 'Never Learn Not To Love'
- Phil Spector co-wrote 'I Can Hear Music'
- Huddy Ledbetter wrote 'Cottonfields'
- Jim Gordon played drums on 'Cabinessence' (and possibly more songs)

Truly one of the most intriguing Beach Boys facts (and they have a few).

But what about the story from P.A. Carlin's book with a stoned and paranoid Brian entering the cinema just as a voice from the screen said "Hello, Mr. Wilson". Then the character resembled Brian more and more as he suffered a panic attack on an airplane (+ a few more facts I don't remember). That must've been really weird. One of my favourite stories about The Beach Boys. Have you seen the movie in question, Joost? ('Seconds' was its name, I believe)

Edit : This probably belongs to the Beach Boys thread...
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 07:07:20 PM by The 5th Beatle »
http://tangledupinmusic.wordpress.com - yet another music blog

RICKENBACKER325

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2012, 11:36:46 AM »

Does anyone have more for the most hated list? I know theres more out there. Lets hear it.......
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 1.132 seconds with 77 queries.