Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Mike in trouble  (Read 1017 times)

Bobber

Mike in trouble
« on: September 16, 2005, 07:13:24 AM »

Sir Paul backs his brother
Sep 14 2005

By Andy Kelly, Daily Post

SIR Paul McCartney last night made a public statement of support for his brother Mike who is facing charges relating to a sexual assault.

Mike McCartney has been charged with indecently touching a waitress after she complained he had groped her bottom.

But the Beatles legend was last night in no mood to contemplate that his younger brother might be in any way culpable.

Sir Paul said: "I totally support my brother, Mike McCartney, in defending this allegation.

"Mike is a devoted family man, who has respect for people, and equally he has earned respect for himself in both his professional and private life.

"I look forward to his name being cleared and the anxiety caused to him and his family being relieved as soon as possible."

Mike McCartney pleaded not guilty to the indecent touching charge at Chester Magistrates' Court last week and will appear there again next month.

The charge has been hanging over him for more than 12 months but only recently became public.

Mr McCartney has denied the allegation which relates to an incident at a pub in Parkgate, Wirral, in 2004.

The alleged offence took place while the 61-year-old photographer was celebrating a family member's birthday in an upstairs room.

A waitress at the pub said he grabbed her bottom.

Sir Paul was not at the function but has been aware of the allegations for some time.

Mike McCartney, who was made a Wirral cultural ambassador last year, has spoken to the Daily Post about his 12 months of torment as the allegations hung over him.

He said: "I have been a prisoner in my own home, restricted in what I can say in this very delicate matter.

"It was originally me who insisted the police be involved to resolve the matter.

"I have been asking for the truth to be told for over a year.

"All will be revealed when we get to the truth of this ludicrous allegation."

The former member of 60s pop band Scaffold has vowed to clear his name in the courts next month.

He said: "I can say that I have been happily married for 23 years and am the proud father of three boys and three girls.

"It is totally inconceivable that I would act in such a way towards a young lady.

"I have the full support of my family who were there in a very well-lit room where the incident is supposed to have occurred.

"I look forward to clearing my good family name."

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
Re: Mike in trouble
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2005, 07:35:52 AM »

Whats wrong with this world when a waitress gets upset after being groped?

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2005, 08:29:33 AM »

Yes, saw this day before yesterday.....Who knows....Randy Mike or opportunistic waitress? lol
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

Bobber

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2005, 08:31:35 AM »

These McCartney's have a way with girls...

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2005, 09:06:41 PM »

Funny how something like this makes the news 'cause he's Paul's brother.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Page created in 0.301 seconds with 48 queries.