Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 455 456 [457] 458 459 ... 527

Author Topic: Random Thoughts  (Read 639801 times)

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #9120 on: May 20, 2014, 06:44:51 PM »

What am I doing on my vacation?!
Yesterday I drilled 26 post holes. Today I put 26 posts in them! My vegetable garden will be 72' by40' and is now ready for fencing! I wish I was normal and could just do a reasonable back yard garden but I guess I'm not made that way!
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9121 on: May 20, 2014, 08:15:57 PM »

Our resident "problem patron" eats them in the library...raw, powder and all.

Is this the creepy guy who stares at you, Kelley?

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9122 on: May 20, 2014, 09:28:47 PM »

Keep that can of furniture polish handy!!!
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

KelMar

« Reply #9123 on: May 20, 2014, 11:48:02 PM »

Quote from: Dcazz
Keep that can of furniture polish handy!!!

That's him! It's so funny that you both remembered. Honestly, I've always enjoyed the patrons both here and at the other place; especially the more eccentric ones. But I am tired of dealing with him and feel bad that he always disturbs the other patrons at the computers. He used to come to the other library but he's banned from there so he walks 10 miles from where he lives to come to ours. He's been asked not to return to the Subway across the street and our bathroom is downstairs in the children's area (which is off-limits for him) so I don't even wanna know how he handles that! Oh well...this is still the best job I've ever had.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #9124 on: May 21, 2014, 02:33:18 AM »

I heartily second that!  :-X

Nobody Likes Me (The Worm Song)

;D
I can stay till it's time to go

Ollier

• A Beginning
« Reply #9125 on: May 21, 2014, 02:53:27 AM »

What am I doing on my vacation?!
Yesterday I drilled 26 post holes. Today I put 26 posts in them! My vegetable garden will be 72' by40' and is now ready for fencing! I wish I was normal and could just do a reasonable back yard garden but I guess I'm not made that way!

Cool, what vegetables are you going to grow Dcazz? I much prefer growing veg to flowers, they taste much better. I'm a small time Gardener, I have grown some carrots and runner beans, I'm going to try tomatoes too.

I have been Vegetarian for 7 months now. Incredible.
Keeping you on your toes...

Ollier

• A Beginning
« Reply #9126 on: May 21, 2014, 03:03:59 AM »

That's him! It's so funny that you both remembered. Honestly, I've always enjoyed the patrons both here and at the other place; especially the more eccentric ones. But I am tired of dealing with him and feel bad that he always disturbs the other patrons at the computers. He used to come to the other library but he's banned from there so he walks 10 miles from where he lives to come to ours. He's been asked not to return to the Subway across the street and our bathroom is downstairs in the children's area (which is off-limits for him) so I don't even wanna know how he handles that! Oh well...this is still the best job I've ever had.

I was banned from a Library last year for not talking to an Assistant who liked me.

Funny old world.
Keeping you on your toes...

KelMar

« Reply #9127 on: May 21, 2014, 03:47:54 AM »

I was banned from a Library last year for not talking to an Assistant who liked me.

Funny old world.

It was kinda the opposite here.

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9128 on: May 21, 2014, 10:31:28 AM »

Cool, what vegetables are you going to grow Dcazz? I much prefer growing veg to flowers, they taste much better. I'm a small time Gardener, I have grown some carrots and runner beans, I'm going to try tomatoes too.

I have been Vegetarian for 7 months now. Incredible.
Awesome! Good for you. I'm not but I'm trying to tip the scales more in that direction! I'm going to do a dense row of green and purple bush beans. I've tried to do green and red peppers and have had little success but will try again. Brussels Sprouts! My all time favorites. Tomato's, Squashes. I want to do some Swiss Chard and cabbages.
I made a Rhubarb garden for my wife last year and we had a large Strawberry/Rhubarb tart last night! it was so good we ate the whole thing!
Mark Twain

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9129 on: May 21, 2014, 11:01:38 AM »

Offer him some hot water fro the sink! Then you can decide if slurping or crunching is more annoying!
Mark Twain

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9130 on: May 24, 2014, 01:20:38 PM »

He used to come to the other library but he's banned from there so he walks 10 miles from where he lives to come to ours.

Wow...that is some serious dedication. What does he spend most of his time doing, Kelley?

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9131 on: May 24, 2014, 01:24:31 PM »

Yea money and me are not on the same page.... I'm usually good with saving and will never pay a lot on clothes but when I really really really want something I say "screw the price, you only live once!" ......

Books are my weakness, mostly used, but still I've bought so many that I just got an overdraft-protection transfer notice.  :(   I keep telling myself it's the wedding and graduation gifts for this spring month, but if I'm honest with myself I must admit that I overindulge myself when it comes to reading material.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 01:28:04 PM by Normandie »

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9132 on: May 24, 2014, 05:57:24 PM »

We have 4 black bears in the neighborhood this year. Parents and 2 cubs. Cubs were on the 2nd floor deck looking in the door! I heard them grunting under our window earlier this week looking for bird seed and suet. We bring it all in every night. I don't want to encourage them!
Mark Twain

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9133 on: May 24, 2014, 08:23:24 PM »

We have 4 black bears in the neighborhood this year. Parents and 2 cubs. Cubs were on the 2nd floor deck looking in the door! I heard them grunting under our window earlier this week looking for bird seed and suet. We bring it all in every night. I don't want to encourage them!

Good idea to bring all the edible stuff. I love bears! I call my son my "little bear." I would probably be thrilled to see two cubs looking in from the second-floor deck -- if the doors were thick and locked. I understand black bears are generally peaceful but can attack and have perpetrated some pretty vicious attacks.

Sounds like your property attracts a lot of fascinating wildlife, Dave! All we have here is a darling little bunny who comes out in the evenings to nibble grass.

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9134 on: May 25, 2014, 12:51:17 AM »

I make sure when I come home from work after 10 pm that I make a lot of noise and get a flashlight. They'll only confront if you get between them and the cubs and for food of course. I find the best deterrent is noise. gives them a heads up your coming!
Mark Twain

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9135 on: May 25, 2014, 02:21:29 PM »

I make sure when I come home from work after 10 pm that I make a lot of noise and get a flashlight. They'll only confront if you get between them and the cubs and for food of course. I find the best deterrent is noise. gives them a heads up your coming!

I remember reading that (i.e., make noise so you don't surprise a bear, who will surely charge if caught off guard) somewhere.

My former sister-in-law said she and her husband were hiking in Montana and are always sure to make lots of noise as they go. It worked in their favor when they came across a grizzly sow and her cubs, who meandered off when they heard them coming. (Whew!)

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9136 on: May 25, 2014, 03:22:02 PM »

Last night just before 9pm I was taking in the feeders and I stepped in a huge mound of fresh dog poop! My slippers stayed outside last night. That should keep everyone away!!! Lol!
Mark Twain

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9137 on: May 31, 2014, 02:52:40 AM »

I just finished a big steaming box of Beef Lo Mein!

... and I hid the box in the bottom of the trash so Nancy doesn't find out! Don't tell her!   ;D

I sure was hungry!
Mark Twain

KelMar

« Reply #9138 on: May 31, 2014, 03:35:41 AM »

I just finished a big steaming box of Beef Lo Mein!

... and I hid the box in the bottom of the trash so Nancy doesn't find out! Don't tell her!   ;D

I sure was hungry!

If she finds out just tell her you're one of these...
http://youtu.be/nhSc8qVMjKM

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9139 on: June 02, 2014, 11:10:56 AM »

I finally got the weasel!!!!    party2  cheer1
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 11:12:30 AM by Dcazz »
Mark Twain
Pages: 1 ... 455 456 [457] 458 459 ... 527

Page created in 1.483 seconds with 78 queries.