Other forums > Current Affairs

Terrorists Attacks in India

(1/9) > >>

Sondra:
We were watching this on CNN for most of the day. Just thought this needed a thread. Any thoughts??

Here's the latest:
[size=18]
Clues point to domestic terrorists in India attack[/size]

By PAISLEY DODDS Paisley Dodds

An Apple Beatle:
I have been watching the events on BBC quite a bit over the last few days. Seems there were about 10 co-ordinated attacks. Mumbai being India's Beacon of multi-cultural harmony and the future of India being a world power. It's a place for both business and tourism and the attacks are thought to have been very well planned.

Surreal seeing footage of crowds watching people in their hotel room windows, unable to get out. I think the Taj Mahal hotel is nigh on cleared now by indian commandos. I did see a miltitary general refer to the attacks to be potentially from Pakistan. Obviously a lot of dis-array at the moment.

Geoff:

--- Quote ---They are very angry and firmly believe that India is killing Muslims and attacking Islam.
--- End quote ---

The familiar chant of Muslim fundamentalists everywhere: you can hear it in Asia, northern Africa, southern Europe and anywhere else a Muslim population has to co-exist with the infidel.

alexis:
And all this will continue until these young men in their twenties believe that they have other better options than martyrdom. Right now the "foot soldiers" are joining these packs because they have nothing else to do - often illiterate and ignorant of almost everything but religious instruction, and with no skills except being violent. They are like the inhabitants of Jim Jones' collective, but worse - they want to take people with them.

It's the leaders that I really blame ... those who know what hell they are unleashing. It's in their best interest to keep these young men without education, and with no economic hope of a lifestyle that provides for a family - the natural tendency for humans since time immemorial.

It just ain't right. Just my 2cents.

DaveRam:
There is some speculation in the UK press , that some of the terrorists could be British .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version