Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: What You're Doing  (Read 6054 times)

Bobber

Re: What You're Doing
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2007, 01:14:00 PM »

Quote from: 297

I think that they were making more money with the tours than with the records by those early years!

Maybe they were thinking eternity already. By half 1965 they knew their time as a live band was soon to come to an end. They knew they would be recording artists rather than performing artists. And records last longer than a performance.

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2007, 01:34:51 PM »

Quote from: 63

Maybe they were thinking eternity already. By half 1965 they knew their time as a live band was soon to come to an end. They knew they would be recording artists rather than performing artists. And records last longer than a performance.

I don't think none of those thoughts were on their minds when they were recording the album (end of summer  - begining of autumn 1964) ... it was just months after they conquered USA and they were enjoying the tours for sure ... maybe after that year, probably end of 1965, as you've said, but thinking being only recording artists by 1964?! ... and after being tourig around Europe by 1965 they were seeing the end of all that tiring travels, yep! ;)

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2007, 07:55:19 AM »

I had What you are Doing in my head the entire day today. I like the song, it has a catchy tune. Actually out of BFS the only song i dont like is Kensas city/hey hey hey

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

ElementaryPenguin

• A Beginning
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2007, 07:21:46 PM »

Ok, What You're Doing is probably not their strongest song, but it is catchy. There are other albums that have far worse songs on it. As an album, I'm going to have to say overall it's great. It sounds like they're moving a bit towards all that would follow. A small transition, if you will.
[size=14] &quot;Reality leaves a lot to the imagination&quot;-JL<br /><br />&quot;It's fear of the unknown. The unknown is what it is. And to be frightened of it is what sends everybody scurryi

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2007, 06:23:17 PM »

Quote from: 603
Ok, What You're Doing is probably not their strongest song, but it is catchy. There are other albums that have far worse songs on it. As an album, I'm going to have to say overall it's great. It sounds like they're moving a bit towards all that would follow. A small transition, if you will.
You speak with sense!  ;)

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 45 queries.