Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Old/New record storage idea  (Read 1765 times)

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
Old/New record storage idea
« on: October 03, 2012, 02:00:48 PM »

I bought this tv/music console thinking it would be a great addition to our den as I don't like a total mess when it comes to my entertainment stuff. My wife likes organisation way more than I do! So after I filled this up with records CD's and DVD in the side compartments I found in order to find anything I had to get on my hands and knees with a flashlight and pick through for a selection. No good!
I had an idea! I switched out the console for an old antique portable altar for the tv stand and I built some stained pine sides on the top of the console so I could access my vinyl as I would in a record shop way back when. I still have a couple of details to finish but it's basically finished. This actually makes it fun to flip through too find my selection.
It was cheap to do and has solved my storage issue for good.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

KelMar

Re: Old/New record storage idea
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 04:17:11 PM »

What a great idea. It's nice to repurpose vintage pieces like that. How did you happen to acquire that, if you don't mind my asking?

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 04:34:31 PM »

What a great idea. It's nice to repurpose vintage pieces like that. How did you happen to acquire that, if you don't mind my asking?
The record storage rack is only about 5 years old but came with the black distressed finish! And the best/worst part was that it came from Homegoods! Price was right. And it matches my stereo shelving rack very nicely!
The alter is a portable one that came from Canada, Quebec area I think. It was used by a circut preacher who would go to the remote areas for services and carry it with him in his wagon. All these years later it makes a great TV stand! My wife found it years ago in an antique shop in Rockport Massachussetts.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 04:42:52 PM by Dcazz »
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 04:40:11 PM »

I really like how your vinyl looks there.  It does have that old record store feel to it.  Browsing back then was half the fun.
What, is he dead?  Sit you down, father.  Rest you.

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 04:45:21 PM »

Here's a picture of the stereo rack and a side view of the record storage rack.
Mark Twain

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 04:49:30 PM »

I really like how your vinyl looks there.  It does have that old record store feel to it.  Browsing back then was half the fun.
For hours on end! Thanks!
Mark Twain

Page created in 0.675 seconds with 48 queries.