Other music forums > Various Artists, Lyrics, Discographies

Rock And Roll's MOST HATED!!!! MUST READ!!!!

(1/6) > >>

RICKENBACKER325:
Ok everyone familiar with Beatles lore will say Allen Klien, Lee Eastman or yoko Ono.....but what do you think of these as top  canidates?
1. Mike Love.....really?!?! Firing the other three original members of the Beach Boys, not to mention founder and musical wizard, Brian Wilson! Just to go out on tour as the Beach boys with 2nd generation Bruce Johnston! C'mon!!!!!!!
2. Axel Rose..... The most pompas, arrogant, self centered A$$ in recent rock history....he really over estimates his importance in rock history as well as life itself!
Is there any others that you think should be here?
Maybe the Gallagher Brothers or Chris Robinson from the Black Crowes or even Gregg Allman, Still busting up the Allman Brothers line up.
Let here you canidates and why you think they deserve the title of MOST HATED IN ROCK AND ROLL!

RICKENBACKER325:
Oh I almost forgot the biggest crook in show business Col. Tom Parker. He not olny robbed one the greatest in rock and roll (50% of everything), Elvis Presley, but also along with prescription drugs helped kill a man, again the one and only, Elvis Presley. If you kill a mans spirit, disire, and is soul you will kill him physical. He squashed any hope of European and Asian tours but also killed any chance of a serious acting career, Elvis was slated to star opposite Barbara Striesand in "A star is born", not Kris Kristofferson. Parker shot it down cause Elvis would have had second billing as Striesand was the hottest commodity in acting/music business at that time. I think he should be on the list ;yes

Joost:

--- Quote from: RICKENBACKER325 on September 28, 2012, 01:29:09 AM ---1. Mike Love.....really?!?! Firing the other three original members of the Beach Boys, not to mention founder and musical wizard, Brian Wilson! Just to go out on tour as the Beach boys with 2nd generation Bruce Johnston! C'mon!!!!!!!

--- End quote ---

Not true. Mike and Bruce have been touring as The Beach Boys without Brian, Al and David since 1998. This year they reunited because of the band's 50th anniversary and after that, it would be back to business as usual with just Mike, Bruce and the hired hands. That has been the plan all along. But now Brian and Al have decided that they want to stay after all, and it seems that Mike's not too crazy about the idea. That's not quite the same thing as "firing" someone.

Second, Mike can't fire anyone from The Beach Boys, only from the band that tours under that name (which is a different thing). Years ago, Brian, Al and Carl's estate sold him the exclusive license to tour as The Beach Boys. That means that Mike indeed has the right to kick Brian and Al out of the touring band (but only because Brian and Al gave him that right), but both legally and in the recording studio, they're still members of The Beach Boys.

RICKENBACKER325:
Mike won the right in court years a few years back when he and Al split on a tour and he sued to use the Beach Boys name. I remember the suit quite I was here when it happened. Fired is the term all the media is using....so thats what I am going on. Also according to the other memebers Brian, Al and David Marks they were indeed fired by Carl. Now would you say John Stamos and Billy Hinske are Beach Boys, uuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! No I dont think so. I guess it would be like Paul going out on tour with out any of the other Beatles (Living or not), under the name The Beatles.
 How about the Stones with just Mick or just "Keef" touring. Its B.S.! Mike may have been a voice on some of theit hits, but so was Brian,Al and Carl. But this is what I wanted for this subject. Thank you Joost. So do you have anyone in mind for the MOST HATED LIST?

Joost:

--- Quote from: RICKENBACKER325 on September 28, 2012, 05:57:19 PM ---Mike won the right in court years a few years back when he and Al split on a tour and he sued to use the Beach Boys name.

--- End quote ---
That's not entirely correct. Mike bought the license from BRI (Brother Records Industries), a company that is owned by himself, Brian Wilson, Al Jardine and the estate of Carl Wilson. They all (or at least a majority of the four of them) agreed on selling Mike that license. After Al was kicked out of the Beach Boys live band, he started performing live with his own band, which he called The Beach Boys Family & Friends. That was a breach of contract, since he wasn't allowed to use the Beach Boys' name, because Mike had, and still has, the sole right to do that. That's what that court case was about.

--- Quote from: RICKENBACKER325 on September 28, 2012, 05:57:19 PM ---Now would you say John Stamos and Billy Hinske are Beach Boys, uuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

--- End quote ---
No, because they aren't official Beach Boys and never were. There are nine people who can, or at one time could, call themselves official members of The Beach Boys and those people are Brian Wilson, Dennis Wilson, Carl Wilson, Mike Love, Al Jardine, Bruce Johnston, David Marks, Blondie Chaplin and Ricky Fataar. I do recall though that Billy Hinsche was at one time offered a full membership, but he turned it down.

--- Quote from: RICKENBACKER325 on September 28, 2012, 05:57:19 PM ---I guess it would be like Paul going out on tour with out any of the other Beatles (Living or not), under the name The Beatles.
 How about the Stones with just Mick or just "Keef" touring. Its B.S.!

--- End quote ---
I know it's BS, but that's just how it is. Mike got BRI's blessing when he bought the license, so there's nothing that anyone can do about it now.

--- Quote from: RICKENBACKER325 on September 28, 2012, 05:57:19 PM ---So do you have anyone in mind for the MOST HATED LIST?

--- End quote ---
I'll think about it...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version