Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Paul's Frog Chorus  (Read 1409 times)

Paul's Frog Chorus
« on: October 14, 2007, 09:27:49 PM »

I absolutely love that thing Paul composed in '84 "We All Stand Together" for the animated "Rupert The Bear" project.
Dammit, this a vastly underated   McCartney melody IMO---in fact, (and you'll all think I'm nuts here), but if you took out the "frog chorus" I could see this wedged somewhere nicely on The White Album from 16 years earlier!!! (hey it's isnt as bad as "What's The New Mary Jane?" is it ? LOL)

just a thought (I know, a weird one  ::) but its a G-R-E-A-T song...a classic macca sing-a-long...it was wasted on kids !! LOL

(on second thought, if it COULD'VE been on TWA, KEEP the frog chorus because it would THEN been done by JPGR!!..they'd probably ham it up! After all, George's "Piggies"
was on the same collection, replete with "oink" noises, and THAT worked...so anything goes !)
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
Re: Paul's Frog Chorus
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 11:45:12 PM »

Apart from what I'd call the cartoon noises, I really like this. The orchestral arrangement is immense.....Kind of like 'The beginning' which is on anthology3 and was potentially the opener for the Whiite album. Is that what you 'mean mr mustard!' lol :)
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 11:58:10 PM »

Quote from: 15
Apart from what I'd call the cartoon noises, I really like this. The orchestral arrangement is immense.....Kind of like 'The beginning' which is on anthology3 and was potentially the opener for the Whiite album. Is that what you 'mean mr mustard!' lol :)

pretty much, A.B.

yeah I recall now "The Beginning" off Anth 3 (I havent pulled it out for ages  :D)

Pasta Cheif

• Getting Better
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 05:19:52 AM »

I first heard this back in college, and thought it was funny at first. My friends and I just ripped on it. Yet now I find it to be a very nice song.
"Dont take life seriously, you'll never get out of it alive"

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 12:48:52 AM »

I would go as far to imagine that if you take off the 'cartoon' vocals and visualise all four Beatles singing that harmony together, Lennon, Harrison, McCartney & Ringo, bonding in unison, then you'd have almost the song of all Beatle songs....Imagine Ringo singing 'Keeping Us warm in the night' and a 'Sunking' style harmony on 'A Beautiful Sight'
Gave me goosebumps thinking that then! lol

I mean it can make you wonder what they would have produced between them, had they gone on with the 'vehicle' of the Beatles to portay their superb collective talents. Many things can burn the morale of a collective, especially the experiences The Beatles were subjected to collectively & individually.
With todays technology, they would not have even needed to meet each other. Concludes my personal theory that they would have got back together for an album or two and this song shows the delights of what could have been.
The guys being so rich anyway, imagine the causes they may have supported with sales? AND they still could have carried on individual pursuits.

...Imagine

http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2007, 03:19:06 PM »

It worked better in the animation movie for me, but never a single
for just my listening pleasure.  :-/

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2007, 11:04:12 PM »

Quote from: 15
I would go as far to imagine that if you take off the 'cartoon' vocals and visualise all four Beatles singing that harmony together, Lennon, Harrison, McCartney & Ringo, bonding in unison, then you'd have almost the song of all Beatle songs....Imagine Ringo singing 'Keeping Us warm in the night' and a 'Sunking' style harmony on 'A Beautiful Sight'
Gave me goosebumps thinking that then! lol

YES...when I read what you wrote here, I imagined Ringo singing this very line from the song, and I can SEE how this could've been a monster hit--if, like you said all the extraneous "kiddy" sounds were taken out so it was a pure JPGR song--like in a late 60's sense--possibly made during the TWA sessions or A.R. !! It's just a thought, but it's a really nice one--I hope this doesnt sound a bit "out there", but imagining first that Macca wrote this gem circa '67/'68 RATHER than the mid-80's, and a little masterly "fine tuning" from Sir George Martin OR even Spector(?), I could really have seen "We All Stand Together" as a late-period anthem rivaling (or complimenting) the earlier equally anthemic "All You Need Is Love" ?..after all, both tunes have a GREAT MELODY and a universal lyric so I don't think it's much of a stretch...I'd love to pose this very question (about W.A.S.T.) to Sir Paul himself, but I know of course that'll never happen. It's a really underated composition IMO--and although his early 70's song "Mary Had A Little Lamb" was obviously suited for children, W.A.S.T. should've been saved as a more mature, full-blown Macca solo single (like the lovely "Mull of Kintyre" was)--but boy wouldn't it have been even MORE awesome as a late-Fab single on Apple ..or at LEAST a venerated album cut on TWA, Abbey Road..or even L.I.B. ? It had epic Hey Jude potential the way I see it--IF it was recorded less whimsically than it was.  Definitely a lost gem.

Page created in 0.46 seconds with 51 queries.