Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: My New York experiences with Paul  (Read 15361 times)

Joost

• That Means a Lot
Re: My New York experiences with Paul
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2004, 08:59:36 PM »

Joe, I really think that it is cool that you have such a big passion for something and I certainly don't want to judge you (hell, most people don't understand most of the things I enjoy doing in my spare time), and I certainly don't feel 'better' than you when I say that I feel to good for something that you enjoy doing (I realize now it may have looked like that was what I was saying... Sorry).

number14

• A Thousand Pages
  • I like the beatles a lot
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2004, 04:41:29 PM »

Thats awesome that you took that much time to even see paul mccartney. i cant blame paul especially the second time you saw him, his wife has cancer and fans were still following him espicially one that has following him for 2o years, ive never seen any of the beatles, You are realy lucky.

Does yoko live in New York?

Paul McCartney :)

« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2004, 09:28:51 PM »

Yes, Yoko still lives at the Dakota. I met her there twice in 1994 and she was very, very gracious and sweet. Smiled and posed for photos, signed autographs...
Amazing, really, when you consider what happened to John - right at that very location.

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
  • Shake your tired eyes the world is waiting for you
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2004, 09:57:05 PM »

Joe, I dont know what you mean when you say that younger fans dont understand the emotional connection that fans like yourself have.  Younger fans like myself love the Beatles too so dont hate on us. 

PS Awesome stories ;DEven if some didnt turn out so great, you still got to see him and thats something right there.  That concert sounds amazing.  I envy you greatly

[face=Arial]            Give me love, give me peace on Earth...[/face]

« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2004, 01:41:20 AM »

The argument of first-gen's vs. the kids who came after has been a raging Beatle argument for decades, with no real resolution.

I *think* all that Joe is saying (and feel free to correct me if wrong) is that we went through their growth in real time, and so it gave us a *different* perspective than people who came to them later.  It was watching and being a part of that development, not only with the Beatles but the exploding music scene all aorund us at that time, and how they all meshed together.

To me if I wanted to get into Glenn Miller music I wouldn't know what came first nor would I care, I'd have the whole canon to pick and choose what  I like.  But the grandparents who were there went thru this same sort of development (tho Miller never changed his sound as radically as the Fabs) and could identify certain aspects just from remembering having been there.

So if the first thing a person here's nowadays is Hey Jude, then maybe Come Together, then maybe Twist & Shout...there is no real continuity to that (not that a fan needs it, it's just another way of knowing and listening). 

That's really the only difference.  I know kids (my daughter for one) who could tell you Paul's birthday, for one, but I sure couldn't.  She's more knowledgable about a lot of Beatle things.  She's 21, a fan since she was 4. 

Me?  I was living thru it, but somehow I developed that short-term memory thingie.....:D

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2004, 03:39:00 AM »

well, you may have lived during the most explosive era for music, thought and rebbelion, but I'll still be kicking it in 2075!

« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2004, 06:19:52 AM »

[quote by=Herecomesyoursun link=Blah.pl?b=mccartney,m=1089839670,s=45 date=1090899540]well, you may have lived during the most explosive era for music, thought and rebbelion, but I'll still be kicking it in 2075!

« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2004, 10:33:09 AM »

Yes, Mr. Charlie (or is it Alan, as I thought I read somewhere?) your obervations put it very well. That's what I meant.

Yes, being born in 1962 there was some continuity. But what I mainly was referring to was with regard to the solo Beatles' careers. I watched them develop and you have to keep in mind that who we're really discussing here is Paul McCartney as an individual.

I don't mean to start offending a lot of the younger people here. I was getting pretty roasted early in this thread because of my situation with Paul in New York, and it was specifically when fans couldn't "understand" how I could "waste my time" wanting to meet any of The Beatles that I started to suggest that perhaps they don't have as strong a bond or indentification with them, being younger and looking at a lot of their career(s) through books or as a thing of the past. I suggested that maybe they don't feel as strongly about the group as I do. Of course, this isn't either all black or all white for every individual. I just can't understand how a big fan wouldn't want to meet any of the Fabs, that's all.

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2004, 10:52:22 AM »

Joe I understand.

Theres a lot of b****in on here at the moment. First time I've come across it. On further investigation, I see theres quite a few hum-dinger rows going on. What is the obsession with some on here spouting their 'Gospel' truth? Surely we all just like The Beatles? Seems that some hover and bide their time to attack anyone who slips up on a fact. Is'nt it about sharing Beatle knowledge? Maybe I'm in the wrong place.

Anyway without 'kissing butt' theres some sound sorts on here, long may this forum thrive.

Spread some love!!!!
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2004, 10:52:42 AM »

[quote by=Herecomesyoursun link=Blah.pl?b=mccartney,m=1089839670,s=45 date=1090899540]well, you may have lived during the most explosive era for music, thought and rebbelion, but I'll still be kicking it in 2075!

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2004, 10:54:49 AM »

sorry if i seem mad.i probally am.we need to nip this sun punk b4 he gets to full of himself............

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2004, 10:57:45 AM »

[quote by=Joe_Karlosi link=Blah.pl?b=mccartney,m=1089839670,s=47 date=1090924389]
 I watched them develop and you have to keep in mind that who we're really discussing here is Paul McCartney as an individual.
[/quote]

Not to open up the furnace door again, but who are we really talking about,,,,Paul or Joe?

I just can't understand how a big fan wouldn't want to meet any of the Fabs, that's all.

I'd love to meet one of the Beatles, its just that i'm not going to let it interfere with my daily life, i'm not going to suffer in the cold weather, and i'm not going to impose upon them and feel betrayed later because they came off a tad p*ssy. I've had my chances to try when I was in my late teens and didnt do it. I've had my chances last year when I was in my early 30's and didnt do it. I dont think that waiting and stalking for an autograph or handshake measures what kind of Beatle fan a person is. Some crave that type of stuff, some dont. I'm in the latter.

It doesnt bother me in the slightest that you waited for him, and it doesnt bother me that he came across as an @ss. Lets just claify what we're justifying.

Ok, i've said my peace and remember,,,,,i'm neither a lover nor a fighter.

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2004, 11:00:14 AM »

new thread yet?
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2004, 02:01:22 PM »

[quote by=pc31 link=Blah.pl?b=mccartney,m=1089839670,s=50 date=1090925689]sorry if i seem mad.i probally am.we need to nip this sun punk b4 he gets to full of himself............[/quote]

too late ;D

(hows that for some f***ing content >:()

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2004, 02:12:50 AM »

I'm no diaper-roo

sexy sadie

• Getting Better
  • once there was a way to get back home...
« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2004, 03:29:54 AM »

i understand what everybody is saying, but...let's just put it this way. the beatles wouldn't be making their living if it wasn't for the fans. the fans are the ones buying the albums, movies, records, casettes, going to the shows, sending them things. although they do deserve privacy, they are the beatles...they should expect that with the size of their fame they're going to have a billion loving fans. like it was said b4, it's a give and take situation. i understand both sides, but since i'm a fan i think we just look @ it in our point of view, u know what i mean?
Ashley*

one sweet dream, pick up the bags and get in the limousine. soon we'll be away from here. step on the gas and wipe that tear away. one sweet dream came true today...

[img]http://img122.exs.cx/img122/8264/jsj21oc.jpg[/img

« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2004, 10:47:07 AM »

I'd love to meet one of the Beatles, its just that i'm not going to let it interfere with my daily life, i'm not going to suffer in the cold weather, and i'm not going to impose upon them and feel betrayed later because they came off a tad p*ssy.

I'll repeat that it's some of the best time I ever spent, when I waited for Paul in the cold in February, 1993. I have a wonderful framed shot of Paul and Linda, signed by each of them, hanging right here in my computer room for the rest of my life as the result. It was time well spent, and the effort I put into it was only a drop in the ocean of my entire life.
The end more than justified the means. If you expect to effortlessly "bump into" Paul one day while shopping at your local supermarket, you'll have a long wait.

In 1995, Paul was more that just a "tad" p*ssy. MUCH more.

« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2004, 02:16:08 PM »

[quote by=sexy_sadie link=Blah.pl?b=mccartney,m=1089839670,s=55 date=1091071794]i understand what everybody is saying, but...let's just put it this way. the beatles wouldn't be making their living if it wasn't for the fans. the fans are the ones buying the albums, movies, records, casettes, going to the shows, sending them things. although they do deserve privacy, they are the beatles...they should expect that with the size of their fame they're going to have a billion loving fans. like it was said b4, it's a give and take situation. i understand both sides, but since i'm a fan i think we just look @ it in our point of view, u know what i mean?[/quote]

Sorry, sadie, but that's Grade-A bullplop.

They chose to make music.  We chose to like it and buy it.  They owe us nothing, in fact they gave us some of the best aural memories of our lives. 

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2004, 05:03:13 PM »

i feel like I owe them a lot.  In fact if Paul McCartney ever wanted my autograph I would gladly give it.

Val

• A Beginning
« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2004, 07:10:59 PM »

I never went to many autograph signings.  The other people I've seen were all very nice. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 79 queries.