Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: beatlea tv  (Read 5253 times)

beatlea tv
« on: April 19, 2004, 09:57:22 PM »

i have a video in my collection of the beatles doing a spoof shakespear sketch,i also had one which i have now lost with the beatles and ken dodd which was very funny, has anybody else seen these videos?

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
Re: beatlea tv
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2004, 10:13:06 PM »

I have never seen the actual footage - but I have seen loads of the pics. That Shakesperian sketch is from "The Beatles In The Round" TV special from 1964.

More details are in my post here:

http://beatles.murashev.com/cgi-bin/Blah/Blah.pl?b=films,m=1081219433

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2004, 12:56:43 AM »

It's from the video Fun with the Fab Four.

Harlena McStarkney

• Getting Better
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2004, 01:51:57 AM »

My friend's mom has the DVD of "Fun With the Fab Four".  She was nice enough to let me borrow it and copy it onto a VHS.  The Shakespeare skit is very funny!  She also had another DVD called "The Beatles Unauthorized"...however both films are good and you should definitely check them out.
Love, love is a verb. Love is a doing word.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2004, 02:48:28 AM »

[quote by=harlenamcstarkney link=Blah.pl?b=films,m=1082411842,s=3 date=1082512317]My friend's mom has the DVD of "Fun With the Fab Four".

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2004, 02:49:07 AM »

it has ringo as a lion,paul as tibius or something,george as a page john as phibius and one of a duo of comedians as a wall.the other comedian is narrating.paul is talking to john thru the wall.it starts with ringo shooting a cannon.
i thought i read somewheres that it was a christmas gig....

Taxgirl

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2004, 02:12:53 PM »

Fun with the Fab Four? I haven't heard of it, what is it about? Is it available somewhere?

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2004, 05:42:23 PM »

[quote by=Taxgirl link=Blah.pl?b=films,m=1082411842,s=6 date=1082729573]Fun with the Fab Four? I haven't heard of it, what is it about? Is it available somewhere?[/quote]

If you go to Amazon.com, you'll see it and probably some reviews on it as well. Ebay will have it somewhere. I got mine as a christmas present from my sister so I have no idea where she picked it up. Not sure if you could grab one at the local music shop, but probably.

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2004, 03:31:46 AM »

is it from the morecambe and wise show maybe???

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2004, 04:42:44 AM »

[quote by=pc31 link=Blah.pl?b=films,m=1082411842,s=8 date=1082863906]is it from the morecambe and wise show maybe???[/quote]

No, Fun with the Fab Four was a hodge podge collection of various newsreels, interviews, etc.  At the end it included most of the Shakespeare joke skit.

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2004, 11:03:00 PM »

It's from a show called Around The Beatles - so called because the Beatles are performing with the audience (of screaming girls!) all around them (from the Shakespearian term 'in the round'). The show, filmed at Wembley Studios London, was broadcast on 28th April 1964. The show gives the impression that they are performing live - they are not! They actually recorded their songs on 19th April at IBC studios, Portland Place, London, and mimed to them on the show!

At the beginning of the show, The Beatles took part in a humourous spoof of Shakespeare's "A Midsummer Night's Dream" (specifically Act V, Scene I - the "interlude section"). John played "Thisbe", Paul "Pyramus", George Moonshine and Ringo "Lion". 

The set list of the show is as follows:
Twist And Shout
Roll Over Beethoven
I Wanna Be Your Man
Long Tall Sally
Medley:
Love Me Do/Please Please Me/From Me To You/She Loves You/I Want To Hold Your Hand
Can't Buy Me Love
Shout

The interesting thing about THIS set is the fact that Shout (an Isley Brothers hit from 1959) is performed! Actually it's more like Shout part 2, which was the b-side of Shout - the bit where it goes "a little bit louder now...". This is the only recorded version available of this track.

Four of the tracks (without screams!) appear on the Anthology One CD - I Wanna Be Your Man, Long Tall Sally, Boys and an edited version of Shout. The good news is there is (or was!) a video available of this performance! It's called The Beatles Live Ready Steady Go Special Edition. It was released in 1985 by DCI (Dave Clark International) & Picture Music.

Page created in 0.255 seconds with 58 queries.