Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Eric Clapton  (Read 18492 times)

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
Re: Eric Clapton
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2011, 02:48:13 AM »

Anyone know how often George pitched up on Eric's albums?

George Harrison performs on Badge by Cream
12.00pm, Thursday 21 November 1968 (43 years ago)

George Harrison took part in a recording session for the British band Cream on this day, to record the song Badge. It took place at Wally Heider Studios in Los Angeles, with a further overdub at IBC Studios, without Harrison, in December.

Badge was written by Harrison and Eric Clapton. Its title was adopted after Clapton misread Harrison's handwriting on the lyric sheet, which contained the word 'bridge'.

"I helped Eric write Badge you know. Each of them had to come up with a song for that Goodbye Cream album and Eric didn't have his written. We were working across from each other and I was writing the lyrics down and we came to the middle part so I wrote Bridge. Eric read it upside down and cracked up laughing - 'What's BADGE?' he said. After that, Ringo walked in drunk and gave us that line about the swans living in the park."
                                                                                                                                                                                                               George Harrison

Badge was produced by Felix Pappalardi, who had worked with Cream since their Disraeli Gears album. The song was credited to Clapton and Harrison on the UK single, but on the Goodbye album it was credited to Clapton alone.

Due to contractual reasons, Harrison was credited as L'Angelo Misterioso on the album. During the 1960s and 1970s it was often hard for artists to perform on songs for groups signed to rival labels, so pseudonyms were commonly used. Clapton received no credit for his guitar solo on While My Guitar Gently Weeps, or for his work on Harrison's 1970 album All Things Must Pass.

"Above all, I would like to acknowledge my old friend Eric Clapton, who played many memorable guitar parts on the album. At that time we weren't 'allowed' by our record companies to acknowledge our presence on each other's albums so he hasn't had a credit for thirty years."
                                                                     George Harrison
                                                                     Sleevenotes to All Things Must Pass

Harrison performs rhythm guitar on Badge. Although the arpeggiated guitars that enter midway through the song are similar to parts of Abbey Road, that particular passage was played by Clapton.

http://www.beatlesbible.com/1968/11/21/george-harrison-performs-on-badge-cream/
I can stay till it's time to go
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2011, 02:52:53 AM »

I think George was happy performing with Eric Clapton...

three...four...one...two...

Taxman -- George Harrison and Eric Clapton (live)

nimrod

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2011, 03:26:04 AM »

That's just how I felt.  Tickets in that section were $375 each...but who cared!!!    ;D

if its any consequence Barry I would happily pay $375 x 10 to sit and watch Cream from that position.

So imo you got a once in a lifetime bargain, I think the two venues they did is it...forever.

BeatlesForever

• A Thousand Pages
  • The Rock n' Roll Warrior
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2011, 04:04:16 AM »

I was searching for that video of Blues Before Sunrise when you were posting that, Kevin.  I was fortunate to be at The Cream Reunion Concert at Madison Square Garden on 25 October, 2005.

Hello Goodbye, you are one lucky SOB (Forgive me)! I would have given my left arm to see the CREAM Reunion concert at Madison Square Garden in 2005. However, I do own both original unused Concert tickets from both the Madison Square Garden and Royal Albert Hall concerts. I purchased them from a friend that runs a business in Houston, Texas, he sells genuine original authentic concert tickets. They both cost me a little fortune but they were worth it. Take care.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2011, 04:11:35 AM »

if its any consequence Barry I would happily pay $375 x 10 to sit and watch Cream from that position.

So imo you got a once in a lifetime bargain, I think the two venues they did is it...forever.

I paid for two seats that night.  But, as you said Kevin, it was a once in a lifetime privilege!

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2011, 04:12:53 AM »

Hello Goodbye, you are one lucky SOB (Forgive me)! I would have given my left arm to see the CREAM Reunion concert at Madison Square Garden in 2005. However, I do own both original unused Concert tickets from both the Madison Square Garden and Royal Albert Hall concerts. I purchased them from a friend that runs a business in Houston, Texas, he sells genuine original authentic concert tickets. They both cost me a little fortune but they were worth it. Take care.

Wow!  You're a real fanatic!

I have my ticket stub somewhere, BF.  I'll look for it later.

I also bought a tour T-shirt.    ;D

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2011, 04:20:27 AM »

The picture I posted was taken on the night I was at the Garden.  The fellow who took those pictures had to have been pretty close by.

I forgot to bring my camera.   :-[    I'm So Glad he didn't forget his!   ;)

He's got a bunch more pictures on his website:  http://www.slowhand.net/showpicp.htm

BeatlesForever

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2011, 04:23:32 AM »

Wow!  You're a real fanatic!

I have my ticket stub somewhere, BF.  I'll look for it later.

I also bought a tour T-shirt.    ;D

I'm not called The Rock n' Roll Warrior for nothing!  ha2ha I've honestly earned that name! I'm convinced that many of you, you included Hello Goodbye, can qualify as being Rock n' Roll Warriors too! I'll look for my concert tickets too Hello Goodbye, I kid you not when I tell you that I own hundreds and hundreds of concert tickets! Take care.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2011, 04:33:28 AM »

I kid you not when I tell you that I own hundreds and hundreds of concert tickets!

I can believe it!!!     ;D

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2011, 04:34:25 AM »

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2011, 04:39:35 AM »

BeatlesForever

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2011, 04:41:07 AM »

I can believe it!!!     ;D

Believe me, I do! I have seen hundreds of concerts through the years since 1971. The list is very long my friend! And many of them have some crazy stories behind them too!  ha2ha

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2011, 04:44:35 AM »

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2011, 04:46:41 AM »

...and I was 30 feet away from Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker too....All LEGENDS!

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2011, 04:53:42 AM »

Kevin, did you catch the ToneLab Eric Clapton was using in White Room?    ;)

4:44

BeatlesForever

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2011, 04:56:15 AM »

...and I was 30 feet away from Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker too....All LEGENDS!

You've earned the right to rub it in Hello Goodbye!  ha2ha I would be too if I saw them live! I remember reading that Jack Bruce was going through Chemotherapy for Cancer at the time, that explains why Jack looked bad and thin.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2011, 05:03:40 AM »

BF, Jack Bruce would occasionally prop himself up against one of those speaker columns, or sit on that high stool you see on stage.  Regardless, he performed so well!

BeatlesForever

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2011, 05:07:18 AM »

BF, Jack Bruce would occasionally prop himself up against one of those speaker columns, or sit on that high stool you see on stage.  Regardless, he performed so well!

I own and have seen the DVD several times, Jack looked very weak, that's why he was sitting on the stool alot. Despite that, Jack proved and showed why he is considered one of the all-time greatest Bass players ever! I still envy you for seeing that concert!

BeatlesForever

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2011, 05:10:59 AM »

Here's one from CREAM, enjoy!

Cream - Spoonful (Live) - Alternate Live Recording

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2011, 05:13:30 AM »

I was lucky to get tickets, BF.  I was on duty at the hospital the day tickets went on sale.  My sister did the Ticketron trick as soon as tickets went up for sale.  She's good at that.  She's another Rock n' Roll Warrior for sure!   ;D   ;)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Page created in 1.055 seconds with 79 queries.