Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Glen Campbell: I’ll Be Me  (Read 1434 times)

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
Glen Campbell: I’ll Be Me
« on: October 16, 2017, 09:14:21 AM »

If you feel the need to get emotional I suggest watching this recent documentary. It journals Glen’s last tour after he was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s. One of those shows that are alternatively amusing and heartbreaking. Even as his mind deteriorated he could still sing well and play guitar better than most. Trouble ensued if the TelePrompTer broke down though.

It can’t help but be a sad experience as his condition worsens as the tour progresses. Three of his younger children from his final marriage are in the touring band with him. Probably no better way to finish up then your with your kids. Even if, as his daughter tearfully testified before Congress, he was having increasing trouble remembering who she was.

Highly recommended for any admirer of his career, and/or for those whose tear ducts need a workout.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Bobber

Re: Glen Campbell: I’ll Be Me
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 10:07:05 AM »

Wow. That sounds like it's pretty heavy to watch.

KelMar

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2017, 02:32:52 AM »

Music is such a visceral thing. My mom had Alzheimer’s. She had to be in a care facility but I took her out as often as I could. She was usually pretty cheerful but sometimes returning was very difficult; she just wanted to go home. The head nurse was absolutely wonderful. She’d come over and sing with Mom and that’s all it would take to make her happy again. Thank God for music.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2017, 12:10:05 AM »

Music is such a visceral thing. My mom had Alzheimer’s. She had to be in a care facility but I took her out as often as I could. She was usually pretty cheerful but sometimes returning was very difficult; she just wanted to go home. The head nurse was absolutely wonderful. She’d come over and sing with Mom and that’s all it would take to make her happy again. Thank God for music.

Yes Kelley. A doctor in the film said the music probably helped delay the deterioration. But it was relentless in its advancement. 

That’s sad about your mum. Must be very hard for family to deal with. It’s good music, and you, were there for her.

KelMar

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2017, 10:21:57 PM »

That’s sad about your mum. Must be very hard for family to deal with. It’s good music, and you, were there for her.

Thanks, Moog. It was hard, but it became easier in many ways once I knew she was safe.

Page created in 0.659 seconds with 43 queries.