Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: DAVE (freaking) EDMUNDS  (Read 2091 times)

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
DAVE (freaking) EDMUNDS
« on: November 13, 2005, 01:36:32 AM »

this guy dave he has a rare talent.rockabilly influenced many musicians.from it bowels sprang carl perkin,gene vincent eddie cochran,elvis parsnips,buddy holly,charlie feathers,link wray,the everly brothers and countless others.these in turn inspired the rock generation.rockabilly was borderline country.the english equivelent would mayhaps be skiffle.early billy bands were three or 4 instrumments.a dog house bass,a snare drum and maybe two acoustic guitars.acoustic you say pc?yes accoustic because as you know folk and country were mainstream b4 rock and billy.anywhats say that most of the decadence of societies moral fiber start in mozarts day and even listz.....sorry lost that train of thought....anyway conway twitty was rockabilly at first and turn country???how do you turn country?is that like turning queer?? lol
but on with ......the u s in the 50s feared rock and roll more than the nazis.their kids from that war were growing up and the were start to have a voice...no more fathers knows best and leave it to beaver....it was horror movies and james dean.the amj(american moral majority)was going to loose control of what no generation has b4 them.....their kids.
what better way to deprave them than to control their music.give them dean martin,pat boone,tab hunter,ricky nelson and the like and keep people like little richard and chuck berry off the radio....stiffle gene vincent and rockabilly too.......
oh wait this was a dave edmunds topic...why  the hell wasn't he a wilbury??did ringo ruin him???i love daves solo stuff.he was in rockpile with nick lowe and played kampachea with paul.he played on the carl perkins rockabilly special...a fantastic show.george and ringo were there too...no paul...sad because he was invited...
i love dave and albert lee together.and dave done right on his producing with the stary cats....
ok i ramble....just remember time is fragments of reality....

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
Re: DAVE (freaking) EDMUNDS
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2005, 01:45:19 AM »

wow i better quit while i am ahead...it must be the music.i been listening to mike ness and social distortion lately....you know them right?songs the don't suck...story of my life was used on the generation x movie.they do ball and chain,bad luck mommies little monster,1945,drug train and more.they do a mean ring of fire penned by johnny cash...who was at sun records first...the rockabilly label where elvis went too....

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2005, 01:52:50 AM »

in fact i saw a show once where this guy said he use to sweep up at sun records and he use to listen to johnny b4 he was an item....the guy used to clean up in where johnny use to record everytime he recorded...then when johnny cash was gaining more fame,sun decided he needed star treatment and sent the cleaning man to the basement to clean so johnny could work in peace because the cleaner talked to johnny alot and was always friendly.but face it he was cinderfella...any way johnny is in the studio and he is getting ready and he starts looking around and can't find the cleaning guy  and asks where he was they said cleaning the basement...he told them go get him he wasn't gonna start till kris was there.kris kristofferson was so overwhelmed by this that he became inspired to following the man in blacks foot steps....i sh*t you not.

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2005, 12:27:55 PM »

He was also the musical director behind the John Lennon 50th Birthday tribute concert in held Liverpool and attended by Yoko (it's available on video).

Also, he was in the film Stardust (the sequel to That'll Be The Day which starred Ringo) and wrote, performed and produced the songs for 'Jim Macleane's Stray Cats' - the fictional band which also featured Keith Moon on drums!

In Stardust, set mainly in the swinging sixties, Ringo's role was taken by Adam Faith as Ringo didn't want to appear to be be-littling his Beatle career (or something like that!)

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2008, 01:47:59 PM »

7rMIUNSnhVM

Ligger

• A Beginning
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2008, 09:09:52 AM »

I've been a Dave Edmunds, (Nick Lowe, Elvis Costello and Graham Parker) fan since 1976 or so.

Here Comes the Weekend

I Knew the Bride

Crawling from the Wreckage

What's So Funny about Peace, Love and Understanding

Girls Talk

They are all excellent songs no matter which of the above four artists covers them.

Dave's old website use to have a funny personal story about his being the band leader for the May, 1990 Liverpool Lennon tribute show. During the huge finale, Give Peace a Chance, he realized that Sean and Yoko did not remember all the words. They both looked to him with pleading eyes, and he somehow managed to bluff his way through it.

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2008, 02:58:05 PM »

yeah dave is great...i love crawling from the wreckage with albert lee...he managed the stray cats for a bit too,he was also one of the people on the carl perkins rockabilly special...i don't know how he missed being a wilbury...oh i covered that b4...ooops..

Joe

• A Beginning
    • The Beatles Bible
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2008, 04:39:24 PM »

John Lennon spoke about how much he liked I Hear You Knocking in his 1970 Rolling Stone interview. He mentioned it twice in the piece - the second time he compared it to Dylan's New Morning, saying, "I mean it's all right, but it's nothing. It doesn't mean a f***ing thing. I'd sooner have I Hear You Knocking by Dave Edmunds, that's top in England now."
http://www.beatlesbible.com - come and say hi, and PM me any suggestions. It's a work in progress but you'll get the idea...

Page created in 0.3 seconds with 52 queries.