Beatles forums > The Beatles

Best Album for Beatles as Individuals

<< < (2/4) > >>

:
This is too hard to isolate one album each. You see, I think Lennon's "best work" is of several types, and is scattered through the albums, almost to the end. Macca is an early low player, and a late great player. Anyroad, here's my take:

John Lennon: A Hard Day's Night is his early massive showcase. In studio years, John's contributions to Rubber Soul, Revolver, Pepper and MMT are to be revered.

Paul McCartney: Until their studio years, Paul had no showcase album. John was either there too, or dominating. In their studio years, Paul's contributions to Rubber Soul, Revolver, Pepper and MMT are to be revered also.(That's why these albums are so brilliant.). Paul's showcase album is really Abbey Road, isn't it? All his qualities (plus & minus) are there.

George Harrison: I'll go with the White Album for George. He doesn't (sadly) have a showcase like Lennon & Macca do. However, George's guitar work is one of the pleasures of listening to the Fabs; in a sense all their album's are Harrison showcases.

Ringo Starr: He's in a similar position to George. Without the mortar of his playing, the Fabs would be not so fab! The albums where I enjoy his work most areprobably ... er, here we go again ... Rubber Soul, Revolver, Pepper and MMT!!

broady:
For Ringo I'd go Peppers. also cause of his track on it :) (With a little help)

Rowdy:
John - Revolver (John's tracks on this are all groundbreaking and some of the band's best)
Paul - Rubber Soul (Lots of great tracks here)
George - White Album (with four George tracks, it's a hard one to top....next in line would obviously be Abbey Road with its two classics, and Revolver and Submarine)
Ringo - Abbey Road has "Octopus's Garden" which is better than the other song he wrote, "Don't Pass Me By"

:
John - Revolver (or Sgt Pepper or Magical Mystery Tour)
Paul - Revolver
George - Abbey Road
Ringo - Abbey Road

I'd say George's best work was featured on ABBEY ROAD. I love his music on The White Album, but 'Something' and 'Here Comes the Sun' are classics and two of his all time best (his only 'classic' on THE BEATLES would be 'While My Guitar Gently Weeps').

I also agree about 'Octopus' Garden' for Ringo, and will also add that ABBEY ROAD contains his drum solo!

Bruno:
John- Rubber Soul/Revolver
Paul-Sgt Peppers/Abbey Road
George-White Album
Ringo-White Album

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version