Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: OK, question for the experts  (Read 6992 times)

zipp

• A Thousand Pages
Re: OK, question for the experts
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2004, 08:49:14 AM »

[quote by=misterchaz link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1083452096,s=12 date=1083609771]

I don't even know what this sentence means.

[/quote]

Sorry I didn't answer this m.c. but I've only just seen it and you mixed up the quote with your reactions which is a bit confusing!
Here are my answers.
1.I've never heard 'Turn me on deadman' on any song, backward or forward.Tell me exactly where it is.I do hear 'Miss him,miss him' and not just because I was told to.Do you think I just repeat other people's fantasies?
2.WTF to you too.A lot of people don't know the beginning to Bungalow Bill is a mellotron.You obviously do but that's no reason to react as if they did.
3.Sceptical means you're doubtful about something.I have doubts that 'Puttin' on the style' really was recorded at the time and may be a fake.
 8)
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2004, 09:29:36 AM »

Zipp, "Turn me on deadman" is supposedly heard when you play Revolution #9 backwards. It does actually sound like that.

Another one to check out is the end of Sgt. Peppers when the loop of "Couldnt really be any other way" (I think thats what it says, but I havent listened to it recently) plays. If its played backwards, it sounds like they're saying - "We'll Fu** You Like Superman".

zipp

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2004, 12:09:17 PM »

[quote by=tkitna link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1083452096,s=21 date=1084958976]Zipp, "Turn me on deadman" is supposedly heard when you play Revolution #9 backwards. It does actually sound like that.

Another one to check out is the end of Sgt. Peppers when the loop of "Couldnt really be any other way" (I think thats what it says, but I havent listened to it recently) plays. If its played backwards, it sounds like they're saying - "We'll Fu** You Like Superman".[/quote]

Thanks tkitna.
Can you be more precise, since I'm certainly not going to listen to the whole of Rev 9 backwards!
As for Sgt.Pepper, I hear 'There never could be any other' and backwards I don't hear anything much at all. :-/

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2004, 12:36:17 PM »

Legend has it that when you play Revolution #9 backwards you hear "turn me on dead, man" - I was never sure which part of the song to play backwards though! The "number nine" bit sounds nothing like it (sounds like "neerimenon" to me!). The only bit I THINK it could be is the crowd chanting at the end. But the 'Faul' supporters claim it's "Paul is dead" that's actually shouted!

It's pretty much impossible to determine which way the Pepper run-out groove should be played - "Couldnt really be any other way" is a pretty good translation though. I've tried playing it backwards, and it sounds nothing like "well f**k you like supermen"... you can just make out the "supermen" bit - if you allow a lot of poetic license!

zipp

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2004, 12:55:29 PM »

[quote by=The_End link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1083452096,s=23 date=1084970177]Legend has it that when you play Revolution #9 backwards you hear "turn me on dead, man" - I was never sure which part of the song to play backwards though! The "number nine" bit sounds nothing like it (sounds like "neerimenon" to me!). The only bit I THINK it could be is the crowd chanting at the end. But the 'Faul' supporters claim it's "Paul is dead" that's actually shouted!

It's pretty much impossible to determine which way the Pepper run-out groove should be played - "Couldnt really be any other way" is a pretty good translation though. I've tried playing it backwards, and it sounds nothing like "well f**k you like supermen"... you can just make out the "supermen" bit - if you allow a lot of poetic license![/quote]

So I'm not the only one who can't hear this stuff. :)
As for the Rev 9 crowd, they're not shouting backwards.They're saying "Hold that line" and "Block that kick".

« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2004, 04:15:47 PM »

[quote by=zipp link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1083452096,s=20 date=1084956554]

Sorry I didn't answer this m.c. but I've only just seen it and you mixed up the quote with your reactions which is a bit confusing!
Here are my answers.
1.I've never heard 'Turn me on deadman' on any song, backward or forward.Tell me exactly where it is.

***The 'number nine' bit at the beginning.

I do hear 'Miss him,miss him' and not just because I was told to.Do you think I just repeat other people's fantasies?

***No, what I'm saying is since it was so widely disseminated that this was there that subliminally you hear it.  It DOES sound like it, but my main point was that he does NOT actually say the words 'Paul is dead, man, miss him'.  It's another backward masking effect.

2.WTF to you too.A lot of people don't know the beginning to Bungalow Bill is a mellotron.You obviously do but that's no reason to react as if they did.

***I don't know what you're referring to, I'll have to go back to my post, as it's not quoted here.  But I myself only recently learned it was a mellotron so I certainly have no place lording the knowledge over anyone else, and I don't believe I was.

3.Sceptical means you're doubtful about something.I have doubts that 'Puttin' on the style' really was recorded at the time and may be a fake.
 8)

***I have no take on this as I never heard OF the song or the song itself.

[/quote]

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2004, 04:18:30 PM »

Ah.

I went back to my old post and I see I misread each and every one of your replies, and in fact you were not really replying to me at all but to the OP.  My sincere apologies. 

Apparently I seem to think the world revolves around ME.  :)

« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2004, 04:20:33 PM »

[quote by=tkitna link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1083452096,s=21 date=1084958976]Zipp, "Turn me on deadman" is supposedly heard when you play Revolution #9 backwards. It does actually sound like that.

Another one to check out is the end of Sgt. Peppers when the loop of "Couldnt really be any other way" (I think thats what it says, but I havent listened to it recently) plays. If its played backwards, it sounds like they're saying - "We'll Fu** You Like Superman".[/quote]

It sounds like 'this is the ending of the wax' but in fact was simply scraps put together.  A lot of things sound like something else when played backwards.  The whole 70's and 80's US congressional hearings into backwards masking had to be the stupidest misuse of government time ever.  Or maybe not...there's a lot of precedent stupidity before hand I suppose...

guitarhero2000

« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2004, 04:56:10 PM »

[quote by=The_End link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1083452096,s=19 date=1084919849]

That's what YOU said - I didn't think that he did! ;D[/quote]

No i said 'Every Little Thing' and 'Long Tall Sally' and/or 'SLow Down'

re: backwards stuff. being a language teacher, i can tell you that the phonetic (i.e sounds) alphabet is not that big so most sounds can be vaguely interpreted as something else.

n.b 'Cranberry sauce' sounds like 'Gran buried Paul' not 'i buried Paul'. check it out

The End

• That Means a Lot
    • The End
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2004, 06:00:16 PM »

LOL! This is all getting very confusing! ;D

guitarhero2000

« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2004, 06:47:30 PM »

hmm i think you're right

The End

• That Means a Lot
    • The End
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2004, 06:52:06 PM »

Right about what? Just kidding ;)

zipp

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2004, 07:49:45 PM »

[quote by=misterchaz link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1083452096,s=26 date=1084983510]Ah.

I went back to my old post and I see I misread each and every one of your replies, and in fact you were not really replying to me at all but to the OP.

The End

• That Means a Lot
    • The End
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2004, 10:41:14 PM »

[quote by=zipp link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1083452096,s=32 date=1084996185]'Puttin' on the style' is a snippet from a bootleg and is supposed to be from the fateful day when Paul met John.Do you think that day could possibly have been recorded?[/quote]

A recording of that very day does exist. It went up for auction a few years back - the bootleg snippit is what Sotherbys used to promote the item.

guitarhero2000

« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2004, 09:48:32 PM »

That's right.it was recorded by a fellow called Geoff Molineux (prob. spelt wrong) and it went for 200k i think. there was 'puttin' on the style' and 'baby let's play house'. 'puttin' on the style' is available on Anthology more 1. it sounds like it could be John Lennon but i'm puzzled by the fact that the recording is very drum-heavy but apparently Colin Hanton (quarrymen's drummer) went home and didn't play that gig!!?? did they borrow a drummer from the George Edwards band who headlined that night?

On that subject, has anyone read 'The Day John Met Paul' by Jim O'Donnell?? it's a dramatized version of 6/7/57. very evocative, a bloody good read. he collected actual news from that day and pounded the pavements of liverpool as part of 2 years research, to get the atmosphere and history of the place.

zipp

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2004, 09:57:30 PM »

Thanks for the info.
Did the Beatles attract people with tape recorders?
In the fifties these things were pretty rare...

guitarhero2000

« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2004, 10:25:05 PM »

i know what you mean. there always seems to be someone who recorded them, thought nothing of it and found it in his loft 20 years later.

it is incredible to think, if it's true, that Molineaux recorded the whole night and wiped most of it, he was wiping about half a million's worth but of course on the day he was taping a group of lads from nowheresville at a village fete. Amazing!!

strawb3rryfi3ldsfor3ver

• Getting Better
  • What filthy ways are these?
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2004, 12:51:38 AM »

o_______O The "turn me on, deadman..." sounds exactly like that to me, but the inner groove on Sgt. Pepper's sounds...hardly like "We'll fsck you like Superman..." more "*mumble* good fsck..." to me, can't remember. XD
[face=Courier]Things they do look awful c-c-cold... yeah, I hope I die before I get old.[/face]
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.234 seconds with 73 queries.