Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Box Set Coming Up  (Read 3607 times)

Bobber

Box Set Coming Up
« on: April 17, 2015, 10:19:14 AM »

From Wogblog

Lennon 8LP boxed set: official word

Universal Music are proud to present Lennon, a stunning new 8LP boxed collection featuring John Lennon’s eight solo studio albums on heavyweight, 180-gram audiophile vinyl with faithfully replicated original album art.

John Lennon’s eight solo studio albums were remastered from their original analogue masters in 2010, by Yoko Ono and a team of engineers led by Allan Rouse at Abbey Road Studios in London and by George Marino at Avatar Studios in New York. These LP’s have been newly cut to vinyl from those 96k digital files for Lennon, cut by Sean Magee at Abbey Road Studios and manufactured for the world by Optimal Media in Germany.

Each of the Lennon collection’s LPs is an authentic reproduction of its U.K. original, in its sound and visual presentation. In keeping with the original album artwork, Imagine contains reproductions of its two postcards, poster and inner bag, Some Time In New York City includes reproductions of its original postcard and inner sleeve, Walls and Bridges includes its sleeve with two fold-over flaps, an eight-page booklet and inner sleeve, and Mind Games, Double Fantasy and Milk and Honey also include reproductions of their original inner sleeves.

The eight studio albums are; John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band (1970), Imagine (1971), Some Time In New York City (1972), Mind Games (1973), Walls and Bridges (1974), Rock ‘n’ Roll (1975), Double Fantasy (1980) and Milk and Honey (1984).

So basically, we were right on the money.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
Re: Box Set Coming Up
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 11:44:54 PM »

Good lord Yoko, how many box sets does the public need of John?

Snoopy66

• A Beginning
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 04:31:23 PM »

Well, this box is certainly not interesting for "old" fans like me. But if it may attract some young and new vinyls fans, why not ? And why always bashining on Yoko whenever something comes out about John ? (and I'm far from being a fan of Yoko).

That's why I say: Take it or leave it...

Snoopy

Bingo Bongo

• Getting Better
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2016, 04:11:44 AM »

Good lord Yoko, how many box sets does the public need of John?
Exactly.  His solo stuff ain’t exactly Beatles status......  ;sorry
Beatles music gives me Eargasms

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2016, 05:58:01 PM »

And why always bashining on Yoko whenever something comes out about John ? (and I'm far from being a fan of Yoko).

Overdue response, but who runs Lennons camp?  Theres your answer.

oldbrownshoe

• Getting Better
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2016, 07:45:36 AM »

The bared-faced greed of the Record Industry knows no bounds!

Five years ago they couldn't give vinyl away and yet after 'finally' noticing there was a market for expensive issues of heavyweight vinyl/box sets etc. (a minor trend that has been around for at least 15 years) for the more gullible in society.....ker-and-very-much-ching.

The clever money is to pick up a Plastic Ono Band (1970) CD for £1 from a charity shop.

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 47 queries.