Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 98

Author Topic: You know you're a fan...  (Read 254771 times)

lunchpunch

• A Beginning
  • Turn me on when I get lonely.
    • My livejournal!
Re: You know you're a fan...
« Reply #1500 on: March 22, 2010, 10:47:41 PM »

You know you're a fan when you walk into a high school band room and see a wall size painting of the Abbey Road front cover and you scream making the whole room of people dead silent.
(This happened to me while my dance group was performing at a high school and we were practicing in the band room)

I did somthing sort-of-kind-of similar - I was at a Gamestop recently and they had Beatles Rockband, I already had the game since September (and had already known about it waaaaaay before that), but I usually play it at home with a Guitar Hero guitar (I only got the game itself).

Soooooo... there was a demo at the store with ONE actual Rockband guitar, but there was NO GREEN BUTTON on the guitar, thus, making it unplayable.

I said, loudly in a rather quiet store "HOW DO THEY EXPECT ME TO PLAY A DEMO OF BEATLES ROCKBAND WHEN THERE IS NO GREEN BUTTON?!"
Let me show you to my darkroom.

Jai Guru Deva.

• Getting Better
  • Nothing's gonna change my world.
    • Purple Prose Solo Music
« Reply #1501 on: March 23, 2010, 05:05:55 PM »

"HOW DO THEY EXPECT ME TO PLAY A DEMO OF BEATLES ROCKBAND WHEN THERE IS NO GREEN BUTTON?!"

"AND HOW DO THEY POSSIBLY EXPECT ME TO PLAY "I SAW HER STANDING THERE" WITHOUT SHAKING MY HEAD AND GOING "WOOOOOOO!"?!"  ;D

My mum's friend used to laugh so hard at that.  Whenever I did that song, I couldn't NOT do it for the life of me!  When I first got my hair cut into the style I have it now, he also commented that it looks better than my old haircut.  I'd describe it as a girlish Beatle-cut, but he just said "your old haircut was a bit "Woooooo!""  *Shakes head*  :P

xxx
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 05:07:39 PM by Jai Guru Deva. »

Limitless, undying love, which shines around me like a million suns, it calls me on and on, across the universe.
Proud author of "It's Only Love: A John Lennon Romance"!

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #1502 on: March 23, 2010, 08:27:58 PM »

"AND HOW DO THEY POSSIBLY EXPECT ME TO PLAY "I SAW HER STANDING THERE" WITHOUT SHAKING MY HEAD AND GOING "WOOOOOOO!"?!"  ;D

My mum's friend used to laugh so hard at that.  Whenever I did that song, I couldn't NOT do it for the life of me!  When I first got my hair cut into the style I have it now, he also commented that it looks better than my old haircut.  I'd describe it as a girlish Beatle-cut, but he just said "your old haircut was a bit "Woooooo!""  *Shakes head*  :P

xxx
Funny!!!!! :D :D :D

On our buses, we have a machine that charges you money when you swipe your card. And when you have a low balance on your card it says "card value low" . So yesterday I was on the bus listening to some Beatles song and I heard instead of "card value low", I heard "Cant buy me love" !!!!  And I was thinking to myself "you know you're a fan...!"

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

Hey_Bulldog

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #1503 on: March 25, 2010, 01:43:55 AM »

...when you shriek in happiness when you see #43 on this list (but think it should be higher up on the list  ;) ): http://shine.yahoo.com/event/makeover/101-small-pleasures-you-can-enjoy-every-day-1125425/

Jai Guru Deva.

• Getting Better
« Reply #1504 on: March 25, 2010, 01:34:50 PM »

You know you're a Beatles fan when even though you can't speak German, you can sing along to "Sie Leibt Dich" and "Komm, Gib Mir Deine Hand" and manage to imitate the language pretty well.  ;D

xxx

Limitless, undying love, which shines around me like a million suns, it calls me on and on, across the universe.

sgt. peppie

• Getting Better
  • Lolwut?
« Reply #1505 on: March 26, 2010, 11:09:37 PM »

When you're horrified to find out that your step dad owns a copy of "The Catcher in the Rye".  :P

George does not approve.

lunchpunch

• A Beginning
  • Turn me on when I get lonely.
    • My livejournal!
« Reply #1506 on: March 26, 2010, 11:33:07 PM »

When you're horrified to find out that your step dad owns a copy of "The Catcher in the Rye".  :P

I disliked that book before I liked The Beatles.
Holden Caufield is one of the most pretentious and stupid hipster motherf*ckers to ever be in literature.
MDC getting inspiration to kill John from that book just makes it worse.
Let me show you to my darkroom.

Jai Guru Deva.

• Getting Better
« Reply #1507 on: March 27, 2010, 10:23:58 AM »

...And you know you're a Beatles fan when you almost vomit just from seeing the guy's initials on screen.  It's probably oversensitive of me, but whenever I see anything that even looks like his name, I just feel sick and nervous.

xxx

sgt. peppie

• Getting Better
  • Lolwut?
« Reply #1508 on: March 31, 2010, 12:29:27 AM »

^^
Sometimes, I like to imagine the bastard being released from prison, just walking out the door, when some dude with a baseball bat sprints over and whacks him over the head with it.  ha2ha

---

You know you're a fan when you doodle Paul's eyes in the margins of your notebook without realizing it.  ;D

George does not approve.

Jai Guru Deva.

• Getting Better
« Reply #1509 on: March 31, 2010, 03:50:36 PM »

Strangely, I wouldn't want MDC to die...  because then he'll be in the same place as John.  If only there were a way to protect John from everything.  I suppose wherever he is now is safer than here.

And in a similar vein to your doodling, you know you're a Beatles fan when you get bored in class and always draw either "All You Need Is Love" surrounded by flowers, little stick-Beatles complete with stick-instruments, or John's round glasses.  :)

xxx

emmi_luvs_beatles

• A Thousand Pages
  • I'm an Expert.
« Reply #1510 on: April 04, 2010, 01:28:52 PM »

When you go to the store to buy Jelly Beans for your little brother's easter basket, and your looking for them so you say to your Dad "Where are the Jelly Babies?" I am completely serious, and I didn't even mean to say that! ha2ha

Jai Guru Deva.

• Getting Better
« Reply #1511 on: April 05, 2010, 07:04:27 PM »

You know you're a fan when you're sorting through some old stuff and come across a life-size toy Sheepdog which I used to call "Ben" when I was young, but since I've become a Beatles fan...  He's now had a sex change and become "Martha"   ha2ha

xxx

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #1512 on: April 05, 2010, 10:27:08 PM »

You know you're a fan when you're sorting through some old stuff and come across a life-size toy Sheepdog which I used to call "Ben" when I was young, but since I've become a Beatles fan...  He's now had a sex change and become "Martha"   ha2ha

xxx
Ahahahaha! I love your comments! Woot Woot!

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

Jai Guru Deva.

• Getting Better
« Reply #1513 on: April 07, 2010, 08:00:24 PM »

Ahahahaha! I love your comments! Woot Woot!

Hahahaha cheers love  ;D

xxx

sgt. peppie

• Getting Better
  • Lolwut?
« Reply #1514 on: April 07, 2010, 09:27:05 PM »

When you're in class at your table, the table next to you mentions the Beatles, your table looks at you.

George does not approve.

emmi_luvs_beatles

• A Thousand Pages
  • I'm an Expert.
« Reply #1515 on: April 07, 2010, 09:54:42 PM »

^ Been there MANY times.

When you watch the Beatles special on American Idol just so you can see them talk about them in the beginning :D They had some Good Paulie pictures!

yavanna

• A Beginning
« Reply #1516 on: April 09, 2010, 07:40:55 AM »

... when you start screaming only becourse you're walking past an travel agency or something and there's an advertisement in the window for a trip to liverpool (even showing the boys faces, which makes an excuse for shrieking, doesn't it ?   ;D  ) and on the same shopping trip you admire an white grand piano for at least 15 minutes and it goes without saying that you check the bookstore for beatles books
If the sun has faded away
I'll try to make it shine

breedofrandy

• A Thousand Pages
  • Ringo Love <3
    • Me Tumblr Blog
« Reply #1517 on: April 09, 2010, 08:19:42 PM »

Whenever your watching an old movie and you check the date of when it was released and then you figure out how old each of them would of been at the time.  ;D It's crazy but I do it all the time.

"Ringo will always be my friend"--George Harrison (Rolling Stone Magazine 1987)

Jai Guru Deva.

• Getting Better
« Reply #1518 on: April 09, 2010, 08:53:15 PM »

You know you're a Beatles fan when your mum's swooning over Robert Pattinson, and you show her a picture of John Lennon and say "now THAT'S a real man!", to which you recieve head shakes and eye rolls.  ;D

xxx

emmi_luvs_beatles

• A Thousand Pages
  • I'm an Expert.
« Reply #1519 on: April 09, 2010, 09:15:17 PM »

Whenever your watching an old movie and you check the date of when it was released and then you figure out how old each of them would of been at the time.  ;D It's crazy but I do it all the time.

I do that too often for my own good! XD "Oh, what year did that come out?" "1954" "Hmm..."
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 98

Page created in 0.686 seconds with 82 queries.