Solo forums > John Lennon

Where Were You?

<< < (44/47) > >>

blmeanie:
thanks, no relation to the bluemeanie I've seen many posts from, lol

my very first aol account (first entry into the internet) was blmeanie, have held it ever since.  20 years, moving it from service provider to service provider.

First online gamer name was "Like pigs from a gun"   ; got tough explaining that one so for gaming I went with blmeanie as well.  My avatar was 1987 ish, handmade costumes for a Halloween party at a club in Boston (I was JL), we won first place (of course).  Hung out all night with a late 60's JL who's girlfriend was a believable Yoko too.  Good times.

Sorry about the ramble.

KelMar:
Like another person who posted in this thread, I was a senior in high school when John Lennon died. That night I was in my room, putting yarn around my boyfriend's class ring when I heard it announced on Monday Night Football. My first period class the next morning was a government class, led by a very outspoken and patriotic teacher. He always started class by going over current events but he didn't say a word about the most obvious one. Someone questioned him on this and he made some nasty comment about John "Lemon". Quite a few of us took exception and he started going on about the song Revolution. I never was one to speak up much but I raised my hand and asked him if he really knew what the song was about. He thought he did but I explained it to him and he was actually quite surprised. I doubt I really changed his mind but he did stop his rant which wasn't easy to do with this guy. He actually was a great teacher really but very singular in purpose.

7 of 13:
that was a totally tragic event for me too. it ripped my soul apart over the next several days. i had just gotten home from work, turned on the tv set to monday night football, then got hit with the tragic announcement.

PaulieBear:
...I wasn't born then  ;sorry But I could tell you all about what I was doing on 9/11 :-\

7 of 13:

--- Quote from: PaulieBear on March 28, 2011, 09:13:25 PM ---...I wasn't born then  ;sorry But I could tell you all about what I was doing on 9/11 :-\

--- End quote ---
oh it was brutal, let me tell you. everyone was in shock you could see it in peoples faces.

i had never understood that John was the leader of the group until the media started spilling their guts about John Lennon, beatlemania, and the beatles, etc. up until then he was just a singer and songwriter and oh yes he played rhythm guitar in the band. don't laugh. good thing i suppose, i went out and bought in his own write and saw the  "james joyce style"  wordplay and the silliness that abounds, and the pictures too. that's when i realized he must be a very clever fellow, and there must be alot more going on in beatles songs, then i had even imagined. up until then strawberry fields was just that song to me, just like you've got to hide your love away, baby you're a rich man, i need you or yer blues.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version