Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Which album are you attached to most?  (Read 31375 times)

lwildcatz22

• One And One Is Two
Re: Which album are you attached to most?
« Reply #80 on: June 26, 2009, 01:56:59 AM »

Revolver for me.  Distantly followed by The Beatles.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

georgeharrisonluver

• A Thousand Pages
  • Here Comes the Sun
    • My Beatle's Tumblr!
« Reply #81 on: June 26, 2009, 04:25:04 AM »

Revlover as well, closely followed by Sgt. Pepper. Amazing albums!

Kagome

• A Beginning
  • Recording Engineer Toshiba EMI & Capitol EMI
« Reply #82 on: June 26, 2009, 09:39:34 AM »

Mine would be the album Yesterday and Today I just love that Album

emmi_luvs_beatles

• A Thousand Pages
  • I'm an Expert.
« Reply #83 on: July 03, 2009, 11:17:49 AM »

Probably Sgt Pepper. It was my second Beatles album. My first was Beatles 1, but I am more fond of Sgt Pepper. And also because next to Abbey Road, it is one of the best. I just adore that one!!!! lol. But I love them all.

georgeharrisonluver

• A Thousand Pages
  • Here Comes the Sun
    • My Beatle's Tumblr!
« Reply #84 on: July 16, 2009, 03:10:39 PM »

I have to switch mine around now! It's now Sgt. Pepper closely followed by revolver. I've become really really attatched to Sgt. Pepper lately

glass onion

• Getting Better
« Reply #85 on: July 16, 2009, 04:25:14 PM »

white album.i must have listened to nothing else for perhaps 6 months when i was all of 14.i thought it was cool then-and i think its' cool now.so heavy it needs a shelf all of its' own.'the tension album'.not to be beat-period.
......."but tonight,i just wanna stay in,and be with you"..............

JonnyBeatle

• One And One Is Two
    • Beatles Blog
« Reply #86 on: July 18, 2009, 04:14:28 AM »

For me it's The White Album. It's been my "favorite album of all time" for a long time now and it's the one I can always go back to and hear something new in. I love the variety. I love that they let everything go. I even love that I don't love some of the songs (I'm not a fan of "Don't Pass Me By" for example) ... There's something perfect in it's imperfection.

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
    • The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
« Reply #87 on: July 22, 2009, 12:10:09 PM »

This is hard but for me

Early Beatles

Help! I love the songs from my fav Beatles film.

Later Beatles

Abbey Road Great songs.

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #88 on: July 22, 2009, 06:08:40 PM »

Even though i'm not a big fan of it, i've been giving Revolver a few whirls recently, i'm still
trying to figure out why people love it so much, still trying to think how Revolver has seem
to have taken over Sgt Pepper as their best album, i still love Rubber Soul more though.

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #89 on: July 23, 2009, 08:40:35 AM »

Even though i'm not a big fan of it, i've been giving Revolver a few whirls recently, i'm still
trying to figure out why people love it so much, still trying to think how Revolver has seem
to have taken over Sgt Pepper as their best album, i still love Rubber Soul more though.

I think song for song Revolver is far stronger than Pepper. And Revolver is less self-conscious than Pepper, which was trying really hard to be a "drug album" whereas revolver is just a collection of great songs. If I have a criticism of Revolver is that it's a bit too eclectic - but it did set the template for the rest of their career.
I prefer Rubber Soul because the album has a "feel" to it. And it's the last (and best???) time that they sound like a band rather than a collection of individuals.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 09:08:23 AM by Kevin »
don't follow leaders

carleymmoss

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #90 on: July 31, 2009, 04:16:29 AM »

Abbey Road
no doubt.

maccabeat

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #91 on: August 01, 2009, 01:47:50 PM »

Revolver

Frankie Crisp

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #92 on: August 08, 2009, 04:24:58 PM »

Being from Liverpool I always loved The Beatles. I pestered my nan to buy me the Help! LP and she bought me a copy from NEMS in Liverpool around 1973/74. I still have it and wouldnt part with it for the world. Brings back a lot of memeories for me.
Turn off your mind, relax and float downstream.

dcowboys107

• A Beginning
  • Surf's Up
« Reply #93 on: September 01, 2009, 02:34:10 AM »

I started out liking the Beatles when I was ten so I guess I don't fit the '65 crowd or anything. Pretty much each album for me has some sentimental meaning for me because I never went out and bought all the albums at once rather one album that would last me for several months. It took me about 8 years to complete my collection because I preferred to listen to one album and hear every nuance that I could hear.  Revolver is my favorite album since it was the first album my dad introduced me to and I was spell bound literally. It's kind of funny now that I think of it of a little boy in the 4th grade coming home after school and putting on his headphones and trying to understand "Doctor Robert",etc.

Beatles 1 was the first I bought so I guess that has a lot of sentimentality for me. . . reminds me of summer 2001, right before George died. . .

Help! Reminds me of the summer of 2007 that I spent in Paraguay. I learned a lot about myself and people in general. Awesome bass playing. . .

Now that I'm an adult, Please Please Me means a lot to me since it's what I was listening to and bought for the first time when I met my girlfriend. Every time I listen to it I go back to the days when we were so interested in each other (we still are of course) but everything was so new, just like listening to this album for the first time, they're first breakthrough.

Finally, Beatles for Sale got me out of tough times, being lonely (before I met my girlfriend), kind of what the review says, it's a sad album, but they're that tinge of optimism and hope that makes it so beautiful.  People tend to hate on this album so much saying who knows what but I love it and makes me feel good especially "Every Little thing"

Paul's bass playing especially in the older days was very underrated. PPM is amazing and so is Help!.

Kagome

• A Beginning
  • Recording Engineer Toshiba EMI & Capitol EMI
« Reply #94 on: September 11, 2009, 05:57:29 PM »

Mine is The Beatles Second Album

NowhereMan

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #95 on: October 14, 2009, 11:16:40 AM »

A Hard Day's Night - bring back so many memories before I even took my music seriously, and discovered the more progressive Revolver, White album etc.

This is currently my favourite album ever, such a fun album, and then stone - cold classics with Anytime At All and Things We Said Today.

Jai Guru Deva.

• Getting Better
  • Nothing's gonna change my world.
    • Purple Prose Solo Music
« Reply #96 on: January 12, 2010, 12:56:02 PM »

I'm most attached to Please Please Me.  I can't deny that each album displays their growth, cleverness, and continuing development as people and songwriters, but funnily enough, the album that gives me the most enjoyment is their first.  I think it represents the period of The Beatles where they felt the least pressure from the public and everyone else...  I imagine them playing these songs in The Cavern and The Top Ten Club and places like that, a little earlier than when they actually recorded the record, with their pre-moptop haircuts and the leather outfits, and their youthful chirpiness...  just kids reflecting the music and the energy of the musicians they admired, hoping for something to change, but just loving the hell out of the music they played and the thrill they got off it.  I listen to Please Please Me and it's just full of that sparkle I know Brian saw in them when he first saw them, that spark that made him know they were special.  The spark that was free to be whatever it wanted to be, before the music industry and the crazed public swallowed them up and pushed them into a bit of a creative and emotional corner.  They're all great lads, and I think Please Please Me displays their talent for songwriting, their edge as musicians, and their drive to make good music.  I Saw Her Standing There, Boys, Please Please Me, There's A Place and Twist And Shout really push the energy right up for me, making singalongs and extreme dancing irresistable!  The way they sing and scream and play really forces you to listen to how good they are.  Misery, Chains, Love Me Do, Do You Want To Know A Secret and A Taste Of Honey are great middle-of-the-road songs that you can really enjoy, and for quite a while when I was new to the record, I was hearing and feeling different things in each of them on every listen.  Anna (Go To Him), P.S. I Love You and Baby It's You are great slowies that give me such a warm feeling of affection for the boys and I think shows off more of their vocal talents, John's in particular in Baby It's You, and the low harmonic structures they weaved in P.S. I Love You.  And my personal fave from the album, Ask Me Why, is just an absolute dream.  Even though there are Beatles songs I love more, I just turn to jelly at even the first notes of Ask Me Why!  It's just the mind-blowingly close harmonies, using the whole "I love you-woo-woo" thing, the sweet chord changes, the overall atmosphere of the song, and John's gorgeous vocals...  It just melts my heart!

Phew!  Didn't mean to ramble on that much...  shouldn't have been so damn talented, should they?  ;)

xxx

Limitless, undying love, which shines around me like a million suns, it calls me on and on, across the universe.
Proud author of "It's Only Love: A John Lennon Romance"!

I_Will

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Doesn't the blood rush to your stomach?"
    • My Beatles Tumblr!
« Reply #97 on: January 12, 2010, 08:38:10 PM »

Well, for sentimental reasons, Help! attracts me most because it's the album that sealed the deal on my love of The Beatles. Embarrassingly enough, I only truly got into them October of this past year after buying The Beatles Rock Band. I really loved all of the music in the game so I went on the web and investigated (I visited these forums many times before joining, reading nearly every thread there was trying to find more and more out about the band).So then I watched A Hard Day's Night and Help! and I particularly laughed at AHDN, but it was the music in Help! that made me enjoy it so much. So I admittedly downloaded the whole album from a torrent sight and fell in love with it. Then I downloaded the rest of the catalogue and made due with that until I got the Remasters. So while Help! is not my favorite album, it is the one that really hooked me on The Beatles.

The name's Emily :)

breedofrandy

• A Thousand Pages
  • Ringo Love <3
    • Me Tumblr Blog
« Reply #98 on: January 12, 2010, 10:48:15 PM »

I really like there early stuff a lot, I don't know why it just seems happier to me. And A Hard Day's Night is the first Beatle movie I ever saw, so almost all of the songs on that album are my favorite. I also really enjoy Help! as well, I just like the earlier stuff more for some reason. I can't really explain why, I just heard all the early stuff last year. Before I'd only heard their older work, like Sgt. Pepper, Magical Mystery Tour, and Let It Be. But I would probably have to pick A Hard Days Night. 

"Ringo will always be my friend"--George Harrison (Rolling Stone Magazine 1987)

peterbell1

• Getting Better
« Reply #99 on: January 13, 2010, 02:32:01 PM »

Although it's not my favourite Beatles album to listen to (that would be The White Album, closely followed by Revolver then Rubber Soul), The Beatles at The Hollywood Bowl is probably the album that I have the greatest sentimental attachment to.
It was the first record I bought with my own money, back in 1977 when I was 10 years old.
I listened to it constantly after buying it and spent ages going over the inner sleeve, which had the artwork and track listings for every Beatles LP.
When I listen to it now it takes me straight back to 1977!! And every time I hear it I marvel at what it must have been like to see The Beatles live in the 60s.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Page created in 0.288 seconds with 91 queries.