Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 445 446 [447] 448 449 ... 527

Author Topic: Random Thoughts  (Read 640303 times)

Fab4Fan

• Getting Better
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #8920 on: February 17, 2014, 02:02:11 AM »

Here's a random thought

Do earths laws apply on the Moon ?

I mean could Neil Armstrong have done something illegal and got away with it , what is the legal argument here ?

I'm not sure of the legal ramifications but, I did hear that ol' Neil "got high with a little help from his friends" - at NASA.  He was on the moon after all.  ;D
I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together.

Fab4Fan

• Getting Better
« Reply #8921 on: February 17, 2014, 02:08:45 AM »

Teenagers have got to be the most frustrating creatures on earth.....

One of my favorite quotes relevant to the frustration of rearing kids is: "Parents of teenagers know why animals sometimes eat their offspring."

I'm a divorced/single dad of a teenaged daughter but I have to confess she has been nothing short of wonderful for the 5 years we've been on our own.  She will celebrate her 17th birthday next month and graduate from high school in May.

I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together.

KelMar

« Reply #8922 on: February 17, 2014, 02:14:07 AM »

Here's a random thought

I mean could Neil Armstrong have done something illegal and got away with it , what is the legal argument here ?

Are you thinking of flying to the moon and doing something illegal Kev?  ;)

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8923 on: February 17, 2014, 03:25:16 AM »

One of my favorite quotes relevant to the frustration of rearing kids is: "Parents of teenagers know why animals sometimes eat their offspring."

I'm a divorced/single dad of a teenaged daughter but I have to confess she has been nothing short of wonderful for the 5 years we've been on our own.  She will celebrate her 17th birthday next month and graduate from high school in May.

Congrats! I was a single dad and it's nice to see them do well.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

nimrod

« Reply #8924 on: February 17, 2014, 04:07:22 AM »

Theres not much to do up there Kelley :D

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #8925 on: February 17, 2014, 04:52:39 AM »

Here's a random thought

United States law, maybe.

;)
I can stay till it's time to go

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8926 on: February 17, 2014, 10:10:33 AM »

For NASA I would think Military Law.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8927 on: February 17, 2014, 03:36:24 PM »

It's good to see you back, Mairi!
Seconded!

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8928 on: February 20, 2014, 03:23:28 AM »

I like that one, and this one, too: Grandchildren are your reward for not killing your kids.   ;)

That's great -- my hat is off to you as well. My girls (age 15 and 16, and I have a 12-year-old son) are basically sweet, good kids as well. They haven't given me any big problems, but they drive me batty sometimes because they seem to forget everything! Grrrr. But it could be a lot worse.

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8929 on: February 20, 2014, 03:41:53 AM »

I've got three grandkids!
Mark Twain

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8930 on: February 20, 2014, 03:46:52 AM »

I've got three grandkids!

I bet it's great to actually have fun with them! I always tease my kids that when they have kids, I am going to spoil them rotten. I can't wait!

Back to teenagers for a sec, I was flipping through a book on them today while I was in an office waiting room and laughed out loud at the following epigraph, which appeared on the page before Chapter 1....Let me see if I can attach the cell phone pic I took of it......

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8931 on: February 20, 2014, 03:50:39 AM »

OK, that attachment came out tiny and sideways, so here's the text:

Our youth today now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for their elders and love chatter in place of exercise; they no longer rise when elders enter the room; they contradict their parents, chatter before company; gobble up their food and tyrannize their teachers.

Socrates, Fifth Century BC

The date on that just made me laugh so hard. I'm not trying to bash teens -- I adore mine -- but apparently not much has changed!   ha2ha

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8932 on: February 20, 2014, 03:53:56 AM »

I bet it's great to actually have fun with them! I always tease my kids that when they have kids, I am going to spoil them rotten. I can't wait!

Back to teenagers for a sec, I was flipping through a book on them today while I was in an office waiting room and laughed out loud at the following epigraph, which appeared on the page before Chapter 1....Let me see if I can attach the cell phone pic I took of it......
Some things never change!
Eventually they just grow up! :P
Mark Twain

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8933 on: February 20, 2014, 04:34:08 AM »

Our youth today now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for their elders and love chatter in place of exercise; they no longer rise when elders enter the room; they contradict their parents, chatter before company; gobble up their food and tyrannize their teachers.

Socrates, Fifth Century BC

So-crates!!!

Bill_and_Ted_Meet_Socrates.mp4

;D

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8934 on: February 22, 2014, 09:39:42 PM »

My son is doing another Zero Hero campout with his Boy Scout troop -- apparently on the one he did last October, the temps did not technically get to zero or below, so they are trying again. He's already got the sniffles, so I'm worried, and my ex-husband, who is accompanying him, just texted that my son "just finished setting up his cardboard box." I was like, "A box??" Apparently they are warmer than tents, and it's supposed to be windy tonight. The boxes are covered with snow and tarps.

I am trying to put visions of my little baby shivering uncontrollably in a box all by himself, or getting dragged off by a wild beast, or....something.

I sent my ex a series of increasingly hysterical-sounding texts. I think he's about to shut his phone off, LOL. But really, wouldn't you think he'd know that piece of information would have gone over better tomorrow, after the campout?    ha2ha

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8935 on: February 23, 2014, 02:24:38 AM »

My son is doing another Zero Hero campout with his Boy Scout troop -- apparently on the one he did last October, the temps did not technically get to zero or below, so they are trying again. He's already got the sniffles, so I'm worried, and my ex-husband, who is accompanying him, just texted that my son "just finished setting up his cardboard box." I was like, "A box??" Apparently they are warmer than tents, and it's supposed to be windy tonight. The boxes are covered with snow and tarps.

I am trying to put visions of my little baby shivering uncontrollably in a box all by himself, or getting dragged off by a wild beast, or....something.

I sent my ex a series of increasingly hysterical-sounding texts. I think he's about to shut his phone off, LOL. But really, wouldn't you think he'd know that piece of information would have gone over better tomorrow, after the campout?    ha2ha
He's having a blast!!! Relax! What could happen?! ha2ha
Mark Twain

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8936 on: February 23, 2014, 02:42:13 AM »

I should probably just tattoo killjoy on my forehead, I guess! Luckily, first one kid, then another, then another, etc., bailed, and my ex dropped my son off with a McDonald's meal (LOL) in hand about half an hour ago. Whew!  ;D  (Sounds like they did have a blast until it got dark and the windchill plummeted.)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 02:45:58 AM by Normandie »

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8937 on: February 23, 2014, 02:47:42 AM »

Have they tried camping out in the back yard?!
Mark Twain

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8938 on: February 23, 2014, 03:23:46 AM »

A box.

What could happen?

HEAD

1:15:44

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8939 on: February 24, 2014, 02:53:01 PM »

Have they tried camping out in the back yard?!

That's a good question! Each time, the campout was tied to another activity (last fall, a 10-mile hike; this past weekend, ice fishing), so maybe that's it.
Pages: 1 ... 445 446 [447] 448 449 ... 527

Page created in 0.947 seconds with 80 queries.