Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 464 465 [466] 467 468 ... 527

Author Topic: Random Thoughts  (Read 640035 times)

KelMar

Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #9300 on: August 23, 2014, 05:14:56 AM »

This recently discovered film of The Beatles proves who did the ahhhs...

That's funny; that's not who did them . ;)

Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #9301 on: August 23, 2014, 07:44:54 AM »

Well, that was yesterday and...

Chad & Jeremy - Yesterday's Gone

;D
I can stay till it's time to go

KelMar

« Reply #9302 on: August 23, 2014, 07:46:30 AM »

Well, that was yesterday and...
 ;D

I'll say. It's tomorrow.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9303 on: August 23, 2014, 07:16:30 PM »

Tonight when I was driving home from my favorite Mexican restaurant a Black Bear ran across the street just up ahead of me about 100' feet away. he was about 200-250 lbs. and just loped right across. Pretty cool if I don't say so myself! :)

Wow, that is cool! Good thing you didn't hit him, though. We hit a deer once in Nevada (??? there is almost NO vegetation in Nevada, so what the heck do deer eat?) and caused $7,000 worth of damage. I was glad, though, that my husband thought quickly enough to pull off to the right instead of jerking the road into the heavy oncoming traffic.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9304 on: August 23, 2014, 07:19:39 PM »

Tell him to relax.  It's a preseason game.  It's for mostly evaluating players who are trying to make the team and giving the starters a little bit of game work.

I made the mistake of mentioning this to my two older daughters....when another preseason Eagles game was on last Thursday and my son wanted to watch it, the girls protested -- LOUDLY, claiming that "it doesn't count," etc. I stuck up for my little guy, though -- when the Eagles are on, which they are rarely in ND, he gets to watch the game on the big TV. No arguments. He already has to share a bathroom with two teenage girls, I figure he's due a few privileges to make up for that torture.  ;)

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #9305 on: August 23, 2014, 07:29:13 PM »

I made the mistake of mentioning this to my two older daughters....when another preseason Eagles game was on last Thursday and my son wanted to watch it, the girls protested -- LOUDLY, claiming that "it doesn't count," etc. I stuck up for my little guy, though -- when the Eagles are on, which they are rarely in ND, he gets to watch the game on the big TV. No arguments. He already has to share a bathroom with two teenage girls, I figure he's due a few privileges to make up for that torture.  ;)

You can't deprive an Eagles fan from watching!  I'm sure he was happier with the result of this game, 
What, is he dead?  Sit you down, father.  Rest you.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9306 on: August 24, 2014, 02:09:18 AM »

You can't deprive an Eagles fan from watching!  I'm sure he was happier with the result of this game, 

He definitely was!

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9307 on: August 24, 2014, 12:29:07 PM »

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/p403x403/10614240_10204632340592294_2841019832865843511_n.jpg?oh=f7e523ca0e2b9bf54ecbea3813ee64e2&oe=547598F8&__gda__=1417661697_f574023432e269d6b5961cc3325cd4d1

Nancy's daughter, Leanne took her to see the Patriots-Panthers preseason game Friday night! it seems they had a great time! :). It was a surprise for her so she could put a check on the bucket list. My job was to get her to the Mexican restaurant so Leanne could whisk her away!
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9308 on: August 24, 2014, 07:20:06 PM »

^^^^

I thought I posted this before, but now I don't see my post.

Anyway -- wonderful photo, Dave; thanks for sharing!   :)

KelMar

« Reply #9309 on: August 24, 2014, 07:27:10 PM »

^^^^

I thought I posted this before, but now I don't see my post.

Anyway -- wonderful photo, Dave; thanks for sharing!   :)

Uh oh! I wonder where it went, Kathy?

Dave, that is a nice picture. They look much happier than we did watching the results of the Bills game on the news. I keep telling myself, it doesn't matter, it doesn't matter! LOL

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9310 on: August 26, 2014, 01:31:23 AM »

Uh oh! I wonder where it went, Kathy?

Dave, that is a nice picture. They look much happier than we did watching the results of the Bills game on the news. I keep telling myself, it doesn't matter, it doesn't matter! LOL
Oh but it does! doesn't it! ha2ha
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9311 on: August 26, 2014, 01:40:31 AM »

The last three days we've been watching this growing flock of unknown (to me) birds fly over and around our house! This kind of thing is just up an amateur birders alley. This evening there were at least 100 as I couldn't count that fast and they wouldn't be still! Turns out we finally identified then as the Common Nighthawk! This is in the whippoorwill family. I've never seen one outside of a bird book and has been the bird highlight of my summer!   ;D
Mark Twain

oldbrownshoe

• Getting Better
« Reply #9312 on: August 28, 2014, 05:17:04 PM »

More sport I'm afraid but, as it seemed to go down quite well last time, and as it might have been missed over the pond.....M.K. Dons 4 (four), Manchester United 0.

NB - This fixture was NOT a friendly match, it was in the Carling Cup 2nd Round which, of course, Man. Utd, are (sorry, 'were') in because they're not in Europe this season!

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #9313 on: August 28, 2014, 08:24:48 PM »

More sport I'm afraid but, as it seemed to go down quite well last time, and as it might have been missed over the pond.....M.K. Dons 4 (four), Manchester United 0.

NB - This fixture was NOT a friendly match, it was in the Carling Cup 2nd Round which, of course, Man. Utd, are (sorry, 'were') in because they're not in Europe this season!

That result didn't break my heart.  Gotta say I really enjoyed the City-Liverpool match on Monday.

I just read where City is in the same group as Bayern Munich in the Champions League.  This was kind of a put up or shut up year in Europe for City, but it won't be easy.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 08:28:24 PM by ibanez_ax »
What, is he dead?  Sit you down, father.  Rest you.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9314 on: August 30, 2014, 07:13:35 PM »

I haven't been posting much lately because I was so traumatized by the fact about Hello Kitty: 

Hello Kitty is not a cat. She’s a cartoon character. She is a little girl. She is a friend. But she is not a cat. She’s never depicted on all fours. She walks and sits like a two-legged creature. She does have a pet cat of her own, however, and it’s called Charmmy Kitty.

—Christine R. Yano, an anthropologist at the University of Hawaii and Harvard, quoted in the Los Angeles Times on August 26th

This actually made The New Yorker (!). ha2ha  http://www.newyorker.com/humor/daily-shouts/truth-hello-kitty

This article from CNN is pretty funny: http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/28/world/asia/hello-kitty-revelation/

« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 07:17:10 PM by Normandie »

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
« Reply #9315 on: August 30, 2014, 08:30:21 PM »

I'm no longer comfortable in my Hello Kitty boxer shorts.

:P

'...In the name of Preverti, daughter of the mountains, whose embrace with Rani made the whole world tremble...'

KelMar

« Reply #9316 on: August 30, 2014, 08:49:49 PM »

Oh Kathy...why couldn't they just leave our illusions alone??

KelMar

« Reply #9317 on: September 09, 2014, 10:22:51 PM »

I thought I'd post this link for anyone who wants to give it a try: Ken Michaels Beatles Trivia and Games It must be pretty easy to win because I won the last one. LOL

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9318 on: September 14, 2014, 06:51:49 PM »

Stupid car smells like gas in the interior, but no visible exterior leaks. Just Googled that. Will have to take the stupid thing in again. (Yes, the car, an inanimate object, is stupid. I stand by my irrational claim!   ;)  )

KelMar

« Reply #9319 on: September 14, 2014, 09:25:15 PM »

Stupid car smells like gas in the interior, but no visible exterior leaks. Just Googled that. Will have to take the stupid thing in again. (Yes, the car, an inanimate object, is stupid. I stand by my irrational claim!   ;)  )

It's a valid claim, Kathy. I have a van that's not too bright. It cost me almost $400 a couple of weeks ago when I got it inspected because it needed new ball joints, whatever they are. The brakes are next as they barely passed. I don't even really like behemoth, but it's all I've got...for now.
Pages: 1 ... 464 465 [466] 467 468 ... 527

Page created in 1.147 seconds with 82 queries.