Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Concert For Bangladesh  (Read 1047 times)

kwy4792

Concert For Bangladesh
« on: November 27, 2012, 05:52:23 AM »

Hello all,

I'm writing an 8 page paper about how Harrison's Concert for Bangladesh was the first benefit concert of significance and that it made all the types of benefit concerts we see today possible. First, I was going to talk about anti-violence benefits such as the 9/11 concerts, "A Billion Hands Concert," and the "Nuclear Disarmament Rally." Next, I was going to talk about natural disaster benefits such as the tsunami relief, Katrina, Sandy, and CMT disaster Relief Concerts. Then, I was going to talk about anti-poverty benefits like Live 8, Live Aid, and Farm Aid (in a way). Finally, I was going to talk about disease awareness benefits like the Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert for AIDS or the SARS Benefit Concert. Does any one have any suggestions on how I can connect these concerts or these different types of concerts back to the Concert for Bangladesh individually? Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
Re: Concert For Bangladesh
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 06:06:14 AM »

Welcome to the Forum, kwy4792

I think you already have a pretty complete outline of the succession of benefit concerts that The Concert For Bangladesh gave birth to.  George's concert was the first of the genre and was highly respected for its cause at the time.  It gave multi-performer concerts a new and special meaning.

I think you can connect all the benefit concerts you mentioned quite easily.  There are many worthy causes in this world.  Talented performers gave unselfishly of themselves for these charity events.  Of course there was some benefit to their careers, but I've always admired this form of benefit event.
I can stay till it's time to go

Page created in 0.28 seconds with 38 queries.