Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: The Big 3's Brian Griffiths  (Read 41516 times)

Griff

• One And One Is Two
Re: The Big 3's Brian Griffiths
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2009, 07:34:31 PM »

Marshall
              I think you are right about the single pic. I used an old drum track and just added a few fills.
              We were brought up on Rockabilly, Skiffle and R&R IN THE 1950,s in Liverpool-- love all that stuff.
                                      Griff

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2009, 01:17:37 PM »

i love that classical yesterday griff....it gives it a smoother play than most with vocals...
yeah rockabilly seems to be quite a influence to a great number of bands from the early 60s...i can never get enough carl perkins or gene vincent....
study 4 is great too...is that something you are working on?or is it finished?

Griff

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #62 on: May 20, 2009, 12:48:25 AM »

Marshall
             I thought I put too much reverb on Yesterday -- I did it a few years ago.
             Study # 4 -- what you see is what you get ( so to speak ) My hands are getting
             arthritic and it is getting harder for me to pull off playing these pieces. I wish I    
             could have recorded it cleaner.
                                  By the way I played on the same gig as Gene Vicent in 1967 in
              France. He was in pretty bad shape then, I think he passed away a few years later.
              I was brought up with his music and his guitarist's solos. I think his name was
              Be - Bop Harris.   What a great name !!

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #63 on: May 20, 2009, 03:26:05 AM »

sorry to hear that about your hands...gaining the wisdom of age can be hell on a body...i do roofing for a living and have since i was 20...i am 46 now and my body doesn't work like it did when i was younger...i feel the toll psychical labor has done to me...i would like to think i work smarter instead of harder these days but i know i've slowed down...if we made a living mentally it would still get us one day...
the picture you sent me of you hiking was that in the mountains of canada?quite a change from the pool.....do you camp,hunt or fish??you look like an outdoorsman now...i was a boy scout for a number of years..i loved camping and fishing...hunting never appealed to me...i have been camping with my two boys but not fishing so much...i need to do more with them...the little guys keep growing to fast tho... ;D do you have children griff? you must if you have those lovely grandkids....i saw a picture of you with gus and howie on this site http://dmme.net/interviews/gus.html
i showed it to my 14 year old...i let him listen to your music too...he likes it but he likes the hard rock too...i grew up on country and rockabilly but listen to everything....i have over 10,000 albums from the 40s to the present of every sort so he can listen to anything he wants...he likes some country but likes some of the heavier stuff more....musical taste is learned i believe...well be good,stay healthy and post more...by the way are you a scouser? ;) or canadian? ;D

Griff

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #64 on: May 20, 2009, 04:46:27 PM »

Marshall
              Kids and Grandkids, in fact we are visiting Jim and family in Saskatoon this weekend. I can hear it now --Where the hell is Saskatoon ? We love to hike in the Rockies,
but only the short hikes now.
               Still a scouser with half a Canadian accent, Funny when I go back to the 'pool
 ( some ) people who don't know me, think I am American. I have read that interview by
Gus, I should give him a call next week.

Take care      Griff

PS Where do you keep all your albums ???

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #65 on: May 21, 2009, 11:33:12 PM »

in my 14 years olds room,in my room,and in my back room....when i moved up here from fort lauderdale it was hell because i alphabitize them...paul creates a problem being p[aul and wings so i just group them together...most are from america but i have some imports...i need to pick up that big three ep you're on.....
down here in florida we got all kinds of fresh water springs...there are even a couple of cold ones....i was born here and don't plan on moving to soon if at all...i love it..there is salt water fishing in the gulf of mexico...you can get clams,scallops,shrimp,mussels and all different kinds of fish...
what made you move to canada???i know it's gotta be cleaner than the pool...but doesn't it get colder????you be careful up there in those mountains...is the sasquatch legend around where you are??we got the skunk ape in florida....the rest of the states call him bigfoot....any indian villages up there? cigarette prices must be thru the roof by now up there...i do like their government....you never hear of canada invading anybody.... ;D there are some canadians on this forum...you should venture out and about to other topics...let us pick your proverbial musical brain....you might leave your wisdom in some lucky musician....has music always been the main thing you worked at thru the years?
yeah talk to gus...see if he has a computer..maybe we can get him posting too...tell him marshall says hello...he doesn't know me...yet!!! ;)
i know a bit about canada my best cyber buddy is a female teacher from near quebec...her name is manon des jardines...damn i hope i spelled that right...she visited england a few months ago for a few weeks....we met on a ringo starr forum...i think i met her online in 1997....i helped her learn english in my moondog chatroom...she knows american wit now.....she teaches first and second graders...she is a sweetheart..she had a few health problems and told me they put her on a list...instead of helping right away...i thought that was f***ed up...i told use some vacation money and come see an american doctor...she said she was gonna wait..it took over a year but at least they helped.....
we gotta get you a wikipedia information page...were you in a band before the big 3?????was that the first band you became a part of? and tell me about more of your influences and what kinds of bands you listen to.... be cool and stay healthy..i'll talk to you later....
marshall

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #66 on: May 21, 2009, 11:44:50 PM »

Quote from: 284
5mbj6do2t6EFx7htocZnpM
the whole ep....
maybe i could use few pictures...i may be over doing it...fRfQ-hm3APs

i gotta keep these on the page i'm posting that way i got background music...

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #67 on: June 14, 2009, 06:16:55 PM »

cryin shames

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2009, 06:36:52 PM »

Hello to all.
I just found this site, looking for Brian Griffiths on Google.
I was in a later Mersey band. We got inspiration from the earlier bands including and in particular The Big Three.
In 1966 we used to play on the bill with Hutch and his new band.
   The Big Three never sounded as good as the earlier lineup, even with Faron and Paddy.
In 1967 I was asked to join Gus And Johnny Banks in a band they were putting together to be called John and Johnny and the Fruit Eating Bears.
    Funny enough the same band title used by the Mersey's.
I often wondered what Fruit Eating Bears meant to them.

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #69 on: June 17, 2009, 03:18:05 AM »

maybtell us more about your adventures with gus shame......e brian can clue us in...i really is fantastic that he has taken time to come by here...and post...have i thanked you yet bri?
and maybe you can tell us about playiong with gus shame......please???!!!!

adamzero

• A Thousand Pages
  • "The dude abides."
    • Phoebe Claire Publishing, LLC
« Reply #70 on: June 17, 2009, 03:47:44 PM »

Thanks PC and Brian and Bill.  This is some great stuff.  I wanna link the vids on Facebook and Myspace.  

Marshall, you the best!

cryin shames

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #71 on: June 17, 2009, 05:12:45 PM »

Here's a post for Griff.
I recently did a radio show about the 60s.
The other guest on the show was a guy named Manfred Kaulman.
Manfred has written a brilliant book about Merseybeat.  Better than any other books on the subject, well researched and detailed.
Manfred used to be in Hamburg. Griff if you can't get the book in Canada on it;s release. Let me know.
The host of the show was Alan Schroeder. Ex Cliff Roberts and the Rockers drummer. I think Griff will probably know both of these guys. Incidentally, you can listen to this Merseybeat show every Monday on the link in the pic.
I am posting a picture...hopefully!!!!!

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #72 on: August 29, 2009, 01:35:37 AM »

you chased him off...i think.... ::)

Bobber

« Reply #73 on: August 29, 2009, 08:58:49 AM »

you chased him off...i think.... ::)

Griff was online here yesterday.

Griff

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #74 on: August 30, 2009, 07:09:19 PM »

Hi guys
             I haven't been in touch for a while -- such a busy summer with family, and working on the house. I will get on board again this week.           
              Griff

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #75 on: September 01, 2009, 03:26:44 AM »

i look foward to it sir and i am glad to know you are well....

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #76 on: September 06, 2009, 02:33:41 PM »

passing a message on...
May 4th 2009
09:51:53 PM
What is your name?Dave McCarthy
How did you find this Web Site?Listening to self-recordings from Brian Griffiths a good mate of mine relayed to U-Tube from this site
Where are you from?Liverpool
Do you have any comments?If any of the lads from the Cavern/Iron Door/Mardi Gras/Hope Hall/ Litherland town Hall/OPB/Aintree Institute/Grafton/ St Lukes, etc Liverpool rock circuit read this and want to drop a line: scousemacca@hotmail.com

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #77 on: January 02, 2010, 02:24:46 PM »

Dave Ferguson has emailed me he wants to interveiw brian....i fowarded the info....here is daves site http://www.liverpoolbeat.com/

alexis

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #78 on: January 02, 2010, 06:07:24 PM »

All this is VERY cool. Welcome to all the Mersey Beaters who are checking out this fantastic site. Marshall, you deserve an award for this!

Thanks to all!  :D
I love John,
I love Paul,
And George and Ringo,
I love them all!

Alexis

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #79 on: January 03, 2010, 02:06:01 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Page created in 0.436 seconds with 71 queries.