Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Whats you favourite bit of Lennon & McCartney singing together  (Read 2712 times)

nimrod

Of course theres lots..

but theres a piece of true magic for me on Beatles For Sale in the song No Reply, John of course sings the verse but the real magic happens for me during the middle 8 when then sing 'If I were you, Id realize that I etc etc'
Paul reaches the heights and the combined voices just send shivers down my spine, a truly magical moment for the fabs , no other band imo could reach that summit of greatness, great songs yes of course, but micro moments of sheer beauty and majesty are what made the Beatles stand out, over & over again.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
Re: Whats you favourite bit of Lennon & McCartney singing together
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 01:32:14 PM »

There would be many examples. What leaps to mind first with me is the 'Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds' chorus. Shivers-making for me.

:)

'...In the name of Preverti, daughter of the mountains, whose embrace with Rani made the whole world tremble...'

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 02:14:07 PM »

I agree with both of you, nimrod and Klang; one of my very top favorites also are on I Don't Want to Spoil the Party ("Though tonight she's made me sad, I still love her..."). Untouchable, IMO!

Strawberry Field

• A Beginning
  • Reality leaves a lot to the imagination.
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 02:27:00 PM »

'If I Fell' - one of my top 10 favorite Beatles songs, beautiful, swooping Paul vocal playing off John's romantic lead, finally coming together here and there.
'Two of Us' - Everly Brothers-style feeling and nostalgia.
'I've Got A Feeling' - Raging Paul, cool John, perfect mix.
'Getting Better' - Paul has said in many interviews, remembering John fondly, why this interplay is great. I can't add much, really.

Overall, though, I think my favorite bit is 'If I Fell' - the whole song, really.

nimrod

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 11:12:29 PM »

I agree with both of you, nimrod and Klang; one of my very top favorites also are on I Don't Want to Spoil the Party ("Though tonight she's made me sad, I still love her..."). Untouchable, IMO!

ah yes that is fantastic :)

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 12:31:44 AM »

Yeah, that is great.

I'd probably still just take 'I've Got A Feeling' overall though. What a compliment they are to each other in that one.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 01:49:39 AM »

Overall, though, I think my favorite bit is 'If I Fell' - the whole song, really.

Mine too.  If I Fell is a showcase for what these two gifted vocalists could do...

The Beatles - If I fell (from the movie A Hard Day's Night)
I can stay till it's time to go

Casbah

• A Beginning
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2012, 02:42:17 AM »

I also agree. If I Fell was probably their ultimate harmony song. I also love IDWTSTP No Reply and Babys In Black. One of the first songs that really blew me away was There's A Place. (And its my miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiind) Their harmony is so powerful it feels like it's distorting the speakers.  JMTC.
"Someone told me a few minutes ago they saw John walking on the street once wearing a button saying "I Love Paul." And this girl said she asked him, "Why are you wearing a button that says ' I Love Paul'? He said "Because I love Paul."

KelMar

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2012, 04:17:16 AM »

I'd also have to say "If I Fell". When I started to really listen to The Beatles as an adult that song amazed me the most.

nimrod

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2012, 12:09:17 AM »

Yeah, that is great.

I'd probably still just take 'I've Got A Feeling' overall though. What a compliment they are to each other in that one.

you must be in a good mood Todd, giving Lennon some credit  ha2ha

Page created in 0.452 seconds with 63 queries.