Other forums > Current Affairs

Where do your political beliefs lay?

<< < (7/7)

BlueMeanie:

--- Quote from: 1161 ---
You mean there's actually a place where there isn't shopping on Sunday? I think one of my credit cards just had a stroke.

(teeth1)
--- End quote ---

Copenhagen! Coming from England, where everything is open seven days a week, I find it a right royal pain in the ar*se.

harihead:

--- Quote from: 56 ---I have the feeling that some Americans see the Democrats vs. the Republics as left vs. right, but for Dutch political standards that's more like moderate right vs. far right...
--- End quote ---
Thanks for that perspective, Joost. I'm obviously much more "left" than most of my countrymen. For example, I have a "Democratic" senator now, with whom I disagree at least 70% of the time. The Republican I used to have I disagreed with 98% of the time. I feel neither of them represents my viewpoints regarding environmental or social responsibility.

Geoff:

--- Quote from: 483 ---Copenhagen! Coming from England, where everything is open seven days a week, I find it a right royal pain in the ar*se.
--- End quote ---

I'm used to things being open 24/7. I'm the sort of guy who'll go grocery shopping at about one o'clock in the morning because that's about the time I'll get hungry and discover there's nothing in my fridge except for four strawberries and an ounce or two of orange juice. If I'd had to wait for morning for something to open I'd have been arrested by now for hunting squirrels.

yavanna:

--- Quote from: 1161 ---
I'm used to things being open 24/7. I'm the sort of guy who'll go grocery shopping at about one o'clock in the morning because that's about the time I'll get hungry and discover there's nothing in my fridge except for four strawberries and an ounce or two of orange juice. If I'd had to wait for morning for something to open I'd have been arrested by now for hunting squirrels.

--- End quote ---

The squirrels are lucky you don't live in Germany  ;D
No shopping on sundays and between 10 pm and I think 6 am.

Exception is petrol stations, but they are expensive.

Geoff:

--- Quote from: 1116 ---The squirrels are lucky you don't live in Germany.
--- End quote ---

Actually, I'm probably lucky: me with a gun is like Wile E Coyote with a stick of dynamite.  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version