Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Dave Brubeck  (Read 2074 times)

nimrod

Dave Brubeck
« on: December 06, 2012, 11:12:41 PM »

Dave Brubeck, with his studious manner and earnest progressivism, aroused sharply conflicting views among musicians and critics. Charlie Parker admired him, whereas Miles Davis found his playing deficient in swing. Jazz aficionados, suspicious of his great popularity, often complained that his music was lightweight and excessively cool, or even that he did not play real jazz at all....... whatever - a great musician - RIP
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
Re: Dave Brubeck
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 01:57:33 AM »

Dave Brubeck, with his studious manner and earnest progressivism, aroused sharply conflicting views among musicians and critics. Charlie Parker admired him, whereas Miles Davis found his playing deficient in swing. Jazz aficionados, suspicious of his great popularity, often complained that his music was lightweight and excessively cool, or even that he did not play real jazz at all....... whatever - a great musician - RIP

That would be one time Miles didn't know what he was talking about.  Brubeck was awesome.
What, is he dead?  Sit you down, father.  Rest you.

KelMar

Re: Dave Brubeck
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 05:36:24 PM »

That would be one time Miles didn't know what he was talking about.  Brubeck was awesome.

I am not as knowledgeable about this type of music as I'd like to be but if I were to do a free association with the word "jazz" "Take Five" would be it.

Page created in 0.261 seconds with 37 queries.