Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Beatles Channel on Sirius XM  (Read 14044 times)

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
Re: Beatles Channel on Sirius XM
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2017, 03:21:57 AM »

I like that background on the SiriusXM internet app!
I can stay till it's time to go
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

KelMar

« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2017, 03:28:13 AM »

^^^
I thought that picture looked familiar. That's a sweet video you posted, Barry. Paul and Linda always looked so happy. He really cleaned up his act for her. That's true love!

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2017, 03:30:50 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2k_95fxCzg" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2k_95fxCzg</a>

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2017, 03:32:39 AM »

^^^
I thought that picture looked familiar. That's a sweet video you posted, Barry. Paul and Linda always looked so happy. He really cleaned up his act for her. That's true love!

I like that video too, Kelley.  Linda was perfect for him...and a perfect muse.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2017, 04:02:15 AM »

Linda was perfect for him...and a perfect muse.

Playing now...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HK0VG46zF0" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HK0VG46zF0</a>

:)

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2017, 11:34:48 PM »

Ha!  I should have known better than to wait so long to get SiriusXM..  I'm really enjoying this!!

KelMar

« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2017, 02:57:44 AM »

Told ya!  ;D

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2017, 03:39:48 AM »

Yes, you did.  :)

KelMar

« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2017, 03:43:05 AM »

:)

Casbah

• A Beginning
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2017, 06:43:29 AM »

It's good! Peter Asher is going to have a show on that channel, I'm excited to hear what he has to say. Im sure he's got some great stories from the Apple Days. He's had a good career thanks to the Beatles and on his own merit.

They do sneak in some other songs, however. For example they played "That'll Be The Day" by Buddy Holly since it was a song the Beatles had listened to before they became Beatles. I guess I'm ok with it but I'd rather they use that time to play more.....BEATLES! 
I have a sirius receiver in my car, so it works out since I spend a lot of time driving.
"Someone told me a few minutes ago they saw John walking on the street once wearing a button saying "I Love Paul." And this girl said she asked him, "Why are you wearing a button that says ' I Love Paul'? He said "Because I love Paul."

KelMar

« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2017, 09:23:37 PM »

They do sneak in some other songs, however. For example they played "That'll Be The Day" by Buddy Holly since it was a song the Beatles had listened to before they became Beatles. I guess I'm ok with it but I'd rather they use that time to play more.....BEATLES! 

I enjoy the little break that provides and find that sort of thing really interesting. But I'm not always too excited with the ones reimagined by other artists. Some are very good but I could do without the Beat Bugs. I guess I'm become a cranky old lady. LOL

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2017, 10:46:50 PM »

I enjoy the little break that provides and find that sort of thing really interesting. But I'm not always too excited with the ones reimagined by other artists. Some are very good but I could do without the Beat Bugs. I guess I'm become a cranky old lady. LOL

I feel the same way when I hear Rod Stewart crooning from the Great American Songbook on the Sinatra channel. Ugh.
What, is he dead?  Sit you down, father.  Rest you.

KelMar

« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2017, 11:00:41 PM »

I feel the same way when I hear Rod Stewart crooning from the Great American Songbook on the Sinatra channel. Ugh.

Yeah, Frank Sinatra was definitely bigger than Rod.  ;)

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2017, 06:28:09 PM »

I heard School Days by Chuck Berry on my way home from the gym today-loved it!

KelMar

« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2017, 03:11:28 AM »

I heard School Days by Chuck Berry on my way home from the gym today-loved it!

That was your reward! I saw it on the radio display in my car but I had it muted. That was during the time I was frantically trying to figure out why my credit card had just been declined in the store. I thought someone had stolen my number and maxed it out but thankfully it was just an ill-conceived fraud alert.

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2017, 12:38:53 PM »

That was your reward! I saw it on the radio display in my car but I had it muted. That was during the time I was frantically trying to figure out why my credit card had just been declined in the store. I thought someone had stolen my number and maxed it out but thankfully it was just an ill-conceived fraud alert.

I hardly use credit cards, but if I'm going to make a large purchase, I call the credit card company ahead of time and let them know.  It's a bit of a pain, but it saves the hassle of being declined in a store and then having to verify the purchase.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2017, 11:27:52 PM »

Now playing...

Honey Don't

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2017, 02:07:56 AM »

I wish I could get Sirius XM in my car.  :(  It would be so great to listen to an all-Beatles station!

I hardly use credit cards, but if I'm going to make a large purchase, I call the credit card company ahead of time and let them know.  It's a bit of a pain, but it saves the hassle of being declined in a store and then having to verify the purchase.

Good idea. When I moved from Missouri to DC many years ago, Visa froze my card temporarily because of the long string of hotel and gas charges. It was a bit of a hassle, but I was glad they were keeping an eye on things.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2017, 03:12:02 AM »

I wish I could get Sirius XM in my car.  :(  It would be so great to listen to an all-Beatles station!

Kathleen, like me, you'll be happy getting SiriusXM and The Beatles Channel on your PC. It's a blast!

Just go to the SiriusXM website:  https://www.siriusxm.com/

...and sign up for a free 30-day trial.

KelMar

« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2017, 03:55:13 AM »

That was the weird thing, George. It was just at the grocery story here in town, and it wasn't all that much. The cashier thought it may have been a problem with the chip reader.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Page created in 0.697 seconds with 79 queries.