Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 107

Author Topic: Last movies you saw & what you thought of them  (Read 193859 times)

Oh Pineapple

• Getting Better
  • in the middle of the roundabout
Re: Last movies you saw & what you thought of them
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2008, 03:26:07 AM »

Oh my gosh!
I saw "The Mist" awhile ago.
So creepy.
The ending was so good.
But it was kind of sad though.
"..Words are flowing out like endless rain into a paper cup, they slither while they pass, they slip away across the universe. Pools of sorrow waves of joy are drifting through my opened mind.."
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2008, 08:26:17 AM »

Quote from: 1464
Oh my gosh!
I saw "The Mist" awhile ago.
So creepy.
The ending was so good.
But it was kind of sad though.

The ending was a shocker , not your typical Hollywood ending , and that mad Bible bashing women was really scary
(afraid5)

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2008, 10:27:25 AM »

I saw Mama Mia the other day. It was cute. Not as good as the play, but still fun. And oh yeah, The Dark Knight.

I want to see 1984 again. Maybe I'll get it on Netflix. This is a movie I think would be cool if they redid it. It's certainly more relevant today than when both the book and the movies came out.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2008, 10:29:01 AM »

Quote from: 971

The ending was a shocker , not your typical Hollywood ending , and that mad Bible bashing women was really scary
(afraid5)

Marcia Gay Harden. She's a brilliant actress. I love her! Best thing about that movie probably. It's hard to do a Stephen King story right.

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2008, 05:41:07 PM »

Quote from: 216

Marcia Gay Harden. She's a brilliant actress. I love her! Best thing about that movie probably. It's hard to do a Stephen King story right.

Agree Sandra i liked her performance very much in this film .

I watched Malcolm McDowell in Lindsey Anderson's "O Lucky Man" last night , what a cinematic masterpiece , this film is it's  just so surreal .
And it's got a very foxy looking Helen Mirren in an early role and dear old Aurther Lowe and Sir Ralph Richardson giving great perfomances .
Alan Price's musical score is also very good .
(thumbsup)

DarkSweetLady

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2008, 12:03:48 AM »

Funny Games with Michael Pitt, Brady Corbet, Naiomi Watts, and Tim Roth. This is a movie where it is really to describe what the movie is about  and still make it sound as good as it was. It was a perfect balance of pshycotic brilliance with a dash of comedy. Because what they were doing was sick and twisted but you found yourself laughing at points and never really hating them. The director was also brilliant in how he just made it what it was, and it is a screen by screen remake of the original which came out in 1997. It's hard to explain but here's the trailor and it is worth watchng.

<a href="http://youtube.com/watch?v=vSuDmrJcBeQ" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtube.com/watch?v=vSuDmrJcBeQ</a>

~the guiding light in all your love shines on~

blackmath

• A Beginning
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2008, 06:12:11 PM »

pulp fiction, i watched today. for the first time but not for the last time. amazing movie. what a soundtrack. i also loved seeing tarantino acting.

Oh Pineapple

• Getting Better
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2008, 05:00:52 AM »

"10 Things I Hate About You"- It was very cute and funny!
Its kind of a oldie though...
"..Words are flowing out like endless rain into a paper cup, they slither while they pass, they slip away across the universe. Pools of sorrow waves of joy are drifting through my opened mind.."

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2008, 03:48:23 PM »

Quote from: 1464
"10 Things I Hate About You"- It was very cute and funny!
Its kind of a oldie though...

An oldie? What's something like The Breakfast Club than? Ancient?  ;)

Just thought of that one because of the annoying new JC Penny commercial where they mimic scenes from the movie. All of a sudden the eighties are retro.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2008, 04:47:28 PM »

I saw Good Will Hunting again, I guess for the 10th time or something like that. Man, I love that movie... The story is really cheesy, if I would've been an actor or director and would've gotten the script on paper, I probably would've rejected it... But Gus Van Sant managed to turn it in to one of my all-time favorite movies. Has hand down my all time favorite soundtrack, probably my favorite closing scene and I guess Robin Williams plays the best role I've ever seen anyone play.

DarkSweetLady

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2008, 05:01:53 PM »

Gus Van Sant he directed My Own Private Idaho and Last Days. Two good movies, in my own opinion.

10 Things I Hate About You isn't really old, it came out in like 2001, didn't it? I like that movie, but I can't stand how the poem at then end lists way more than 10 things. But besides that it is a cute little movie.

I love The Breakfast Club!

~the guiding light in all your love shines on~

Oh Pineapple

• Getting Better
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2008, 05:14:36 PM »

An oldie? What's something like The Breakfast Club than? Ancient?  ;)

Just thought of that one because of the annoying new JC Penny commercial where they mimic scenes from the movie. All of a sudden the eighties are retro.

hah oh yeah! When I first saw that commerical, I was like.."Seriously, another Breakfast club!" hah
You can't beat the original, sorry.

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2008, 05:36:30 PM »

We belong to that Netflix web rental thing and right now at the house I have "Bucket List" and "No Country for Old Men" waiting to be watched.  Any feedback from y'all on these two????

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2008, 05:40:01 PM »

Quote from: 668
I love The Breakfast Club!

Me too. Incredible how they made such a great movie with five actors and a high school library... And the characters are so good... Last time I saw that movie I realized that you really just have to ask anyone who has seen that movie which character(s) of The Breakfast Club he or she relates to the most, and you pretty much know what kind of person he or she is...

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2008, 05:46:31 PM »

Quote from: 1255
We belong to that Netflix web rental thing and right now at the house I have "Bucket List" and "No Country for Old Men" waiting to be watched.  Any feedback from y'all on these two????

The Bucket List was very cute. Made me cry a little too! I thought I was gonna hate No Country for Old Men, but I LOVED it!! It was an amazing movie. I was just talking about this movie the other day with the friends I went to see The Dark Knight with! We were comparing actual Oscar caliber performances. Javier Bardem definitely deserved his! And Josh Brolin was pretty great too. Hope you enjoy them!  :)

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2008, 05:52:19 PM »

Oh, and I saw The Pianist a few days ago. It's always hard to watch those 2nd World War movies...

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2008, 05:52:28 PM »

Quote from: 56

Me too. Incredible how they made such a great movie with five actors and a high school library... And the characters are so good... Last time I saw that movie I realized that you really just have to ask anyone who has seen that movie which character(s) of The Breakfast Club he or she relates to the most, and you pretty much know what kind of person he or she is...

I love John Hughes' eighties teen angst films!!! He really caught teen life at that time pretty accurately.

I related to the Judd Nelson character most at that time, with a little of the Ally Sheedy character thrown in. Don't know what that says, but I've changed a lot since then.  ;D

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2008, 06:11:17 PM »

Quote from: 56
Oh, and I saw The Pianist a few days ago. It's always hard to watch those 2nd World War movies...

That film stayed in my mind for days after i saw it .

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2008, 06:16:00 PM »

The Bucket List was very cute. Made me cry a little too! I thought I was gonna hate No Country for Old Men, but I LOVED it!! It was an amazing movie. I was just talking about this movie the other day with the friends I went to see The Dark Knight with! We were comparing actual Oscar caliber performances. Javier Bardem definitely deserved his! And Josh Brolin was pretty great too. Hope you enjoy them!  :)

^^^^^^^Thanks Sandra for the info.  This will be very helpful and I'm looking forward to watching these.  Will let you know what I think about them.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2008, 08:29:12 PM »

I love John Hughes' eighties teen angst films!!! He really caught teen life at that time pretty accurately.

I related to the Judd Nelson character most at that time, with a little of the Ally Sheedy character thrown in. Don't know what that says, but I've changed a lot since then.  ;D

I think that at high school, I was a combination of Ally Sheedy's and Anthony Michael Hall's character. Which would make me the ultimate nerd...  :-/ ;D
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 107

Page created in 0.233 seconds with 79 queries.