Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Brian Epstein  (Read 28205 times)

Joost

• That Means a Lot
Re: Brian Epstein
« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2010, 12:23:56 PM »

Its a real dirty business and I have not heard any manager being honest to the groups they represented to this day.

Epstein was a 27 year old record store owner when he became their manager. It's not like he was your average seasoned record business executive.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2010, 01:17:52 PM »

eppy was an oppertunistic sort...i think he was more in it for himself than them....

Daveyo

• A Beginning
« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2010, 02:13:52 PM »

eppy was an oppertunistic sort...i think he was more in it for himself than them....

Yep especially when you see how the contracts were drawn up which in my opinion screwed the rest of the fab 4 of a lot of money.  Epstein was no dummy, and quite a schrewed fella.

AngeloMysterioso

• A Beginning
« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2010, 03:30:12 PM »

…Epstein was no dummy, and quite a schrewed fella…

So easy to say a posteriori.
Music's all right John, but you'll never make a living out of it.

MerseySky

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2010, 12:55:25 AM »

If you remember that lump you felt in your throat and that fire you felt in your head the first time you heard The Beatles-- and something told you that, musically, this is IT!-- please come join us to help salute the man who pushed The Beatles' dream along. We are campaigning for the induction of Mr. Brian Epstein into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Here is the location of our FB site:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Induct-Brian-Epstein-into-the-Rock-and-Roll-Hall-Of-Fame/111395682216647?ref=ts

eppylover

• One And One Is Two
  • Induct Brian Epstein into the Rock Hall of Fame!
    • Christine's Facebook
« Reply #65 on: December 31, 2010, 09:11:17 PM »

;sorry but you are wrong, so wrong about that, my dear.
HE WAS MUCH MORE THAN MERELY THEIR MANAGER.
HE WAS...
The Fifth Beatle!

Bobber

« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2014, 09:04:01 PM »

From Bill Harry:  I arranged for Brian to visit the Cavern and see the Beatles for the first time. He was to say "I hadn't seen the Beatles on any stage. They smoked as they played, they ate, talked and pretended to hit each other. They turned their backs on the audience and shouted at them and they laughed at private jokes." To me, that was the Beatles, it was a lot of fun, they were anarchic on stage. If they'd have kept on like that there wouldn't have been a Rolling Stones and a wrongly perceived preference by many youngsters later on that they loved the anarchic Stones in contract to the loveable moptop Beatles. Brian was right for the time, they wouldn't have been accepted by the establishment that ran the media - TV, radio, press as they were and it was only after they had been successful that the Rolling Stones were able to be manufactured by Andrew Loog Oldham.

Bobber

« Reply #67 on: July 17, 2016, 08:18:41 PM »

Travelling through Germany yesterday. First we passed a village called  Eppstein. Then followed a traffic jam. The car in front of us had NEMS on its plates.

KelMar

« Reply #68 on: July 17, 2016, 09:19:19 PM »

Travelling through Germany yesterday. First we passed a village called  Eppstein. Then followed a traffic jam. The car in front of us had NEMS on its plates.

All roads lead to The Beatles.  :)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Page created in 1.398 seconds with 50 queries.