Beatles forums > Song Of The Week Series

Song Of The Week - Im A Loser

<< < (2/6) > >>

Hello Goodbye:
John was most certainly in his "Dylan Period" here.  I love this 1965 live performance in Paris...

The Beatles - I'm a Loser (Live In Paris, 1965)

I have an Elton harmonica holder just like that one which I bought in the 60s.  Playing Bob Dylan songs on guitar just about required it, along with the proper key harmonica.  John looks great wearing that harmonica holder!

John makes his typical face when he sings the line "And so it's true pride comes before a fall."  It's hard to set the words in proper cadence.  I've flubbed that line many times.  It sounds awful when I do.  It looks like John found a way to get that line right.  I've seen him do that in other live videos of this song too.

I like this song a lot!  I like Beatles For Sale a lot too and this song is so representative of the album's mood.  The Beatles were maturing and becoming introspective with this album

KelMar:
^^^

I was just going to go looking for that video!

Hello Goodbye:

--- Quote from: nimrod on November 06, 2013, 10:14:09 PM ---The Beatles recorded this song on 14 August 1964, the same day as "Mr. Moonlight" and "Leave My Kitten Alone".

--- End quote ---

The same day as Mr. Moonlight.  Now that's why I like Mr. Moonlight so much.  John was in top form that day!

Hello Goodbye:

--- Quote from: In My Life on November 07, 2013, 04:13:25 AM ---^^^

I was just going to go looking for that video!

--- End quote ---

No you don't have to.   :)

Hello Goodbye:
Now if you don't have the proper key harmonica, just ask...

Bob Dylan - Anybody have an E Harmonica ?

;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version